Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 06:59 PM

22 posts, read 55,861 times

Advertisements

Anybody else think Obama is an overrated orator? He tries so hard to be a 21st century version of MLK, but it just comes off as arrogant and ultra corny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 07:00 PM

450 posts, read 502,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
He explained the situation and the strategy clearly. Like conducting a powerpoint presentation. Overall though, I didn't come away inspired. I sincerely hope the strategy succeeds. I walk away from that speech with serious reservations.

When he states "it's not Vietnam" I think, "no, it's ten times worse".
If you believe that The War in Afghanistan is anywhere near or worse than Vietnam you my friend are beyond uninformed....
Your opinion on this entire matter should be completely ignored

Old 12-01-2009, 07:03 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
gosh, I can hardly listen to this jerk
what was he saying? nothing concrete, we are going, it is so important and then he says we are leaving in 18 months
I am sure our enemies are laughing their asses off at this hack
and the men and women there, I felt sorry for them they looked so depressed and bored
we have the greatest military in the world and this jerk is jacking them around
God help us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler6 View Post
Anybody else think Obama is an overrated orator? He tries so hard to be a 21st century version of MLK, but it just comes off as arrogant and ultra corny.
He was clear, concise , intelligent and informed...haters like yourself will always spin things to find something to criticize

He touched on everything including what the opposition has been saying and refuted them rather clearly

Have you seen one of Bush's speeches? He pretended as if opposition didn't even exist let alone address them!

1,417 posts, read 2,181,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlGore View Post
They didn't go into Iraq for 911, they went to disarm the madman for breaking UN resolutions for years.
Bush intentionally brought up '911' in nearly every speech when persuading this country to go along with his plans to attack Iraq. It was a flim-flam trick.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:04 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
ooh please.. I have several family members in the military up at 5, and we were emailing them Saturday at 10PM.. They arent babies that need their 8 hours of sleep and 8:00 is past their bedtime..
After being awake for 15 straight hours, nearly anyone would start yawning if they were sitting relaxed in a chair.

Your body starts to go into a sleep mode when it gets close to your bedtime, and after you become very relaxed, like the soldiers were in the chairs.

Are you going to tell me you've never seen relatives or friends yawn and begin to fall asleep late in the evening while sitting on a living room chair?

Or during a late show in a movie theater?

Old 12-01-2009, 07:05 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlGore View Post
Which disarming a madman that defies the world authorities does in the long run.
Not really. All the occupation in the world can't transform an uncivilized society into a democracy. What works in Japan and Germany post WW2 doesn't work in Iraq.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:06 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
As ObamaBush speaks, gold zooms past 1,200/oz. Looks like his war is taking a further toll on the dollar.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
gosh, I can hardly listen to this jerk
what was he saying? nothing concrete, we are going, it is so important and then he says we are leaving in 18 months
I am sure our enemies are laughing their asses off at this hack
and the men and women there, I felt sorry for them they looked so depressed and bored
we have the greatest military in the world and this jerk is jacking them around
God help us!!
LOL what do you think the enemy had been doing the last 7 years when Bush practically ignored Afghanistan?

Taliban retooled and reemerged. The ppl responsible for attacking US on 9/11 has yet to be defeated.

Bush sleep on all that and you didn't mind

Yet an Obama speech gets you all scared and riled up lol
Quite comical!

Old 12-01-2009, 07:07 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
After being awake for 15 straight hours, nearly anyone would start yawning if they were sitting relaxed in a chair.

Your body starts to go into a sleep mode when it gets close to your bedtime, and after you become very relaxed, like the soldiers were in the chairs.

Are you going to tell me you've never seen relatives or friends yawn and begin to fall asleep late in the evening while sitting on a living room chair?

Or during a late show in a movie theater?
Sorry but he was putting them to sleep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies