Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:32 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,280,243 times

Advertisements

I don't see Ca on there?

C'mon coppers, step it up!

EDIT: just noticed OC at #15, you guys need to work on being top 10!

Old 12-02-2009, 09:37 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,969 times
Where's all the cool graphics and charts depicting the tens of thousands of violent crimes committed by criminals everyday? Or the PowerPoint presentation showing all the lives of law abiding citizens that are saved every year because violent criminals are put away by our underpaid and under-appreciated law enforcement personnel?
Oh...that's right: those stats are far too large to be presented accurately.
But I DO have a workable idea for you, Joe: next time you wake up in the middle of the night and see some thug in a ski mask in oyur bedroom, or a couple crackheads approaching you on a dark street with some sorta shiny, sharp object their hands, call an ACLU lawyer or an Internal Affairs suit.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:38 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,971 times
Another sick and twisted "I hate the police and they are worse than gangmembers" thread

I am sure that some of the far left cheerd at the recent police shootings. Don't people realize that police have a hard enough time dealing with violent criminals without having to deal with hatemongering from the anti moral far left crowd

Old 12-02-2009, 09:53 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWV View Post
Because cops aren't supposed to "sneak up" on people and beat them up.

Duh.

you mean the gangbanger that beats me is good to go?
you mean i am supposed to like getting beatup like you are doing to yourself in this picture?

Old 12-02-2009, 10:05 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
Another positive post by Joe......Law enforcement officers are pulled from the population therefore it only makes sense that there will be some that are hired that "slip through the cracks" and fail to meet standards. The percentage of Law enforcement officers getting in trouble is a pittance compared to the general population. I have a great suggestion...Why doesn't every law enforcement officer in the country take off for ONE week without pay. NO ONE on the streets to protect and serve. Oh, baby, best of luck when the most fearsome predator on this earth comes hunting...the one that walks on two feet!!! Figures you would post such a positive post a couple of days after four law enforcement officers were ASSASINATED in Washington. We need to appreciate our law enforcement officers for what they are...our protectors. The bad once should be weeded out and punished accordingly...Your intentions are clear..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
why is it when a gangbanger beats me up its "troubled youth" but when a cop sneaks up on em while he does and beats him up, its police brutality?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Another sick and twisted "I hate the police and they are worse than gangmembers" thread

I am sure that some of the far left cheerd at the recent police shootings. Don't people realize that police have a hard enough time dealing with violent criminals without having to deal with hatemongering from the anti moral far left crowd
Whoa, you all are reading into a lot of sentiment that doesn't seem to have been stated or even implied.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:39 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times
Without posting statistics for non-officers, the data is worthless. We need a comparative analysis of police with your average guy on the street. A certain percentage of the total population has always engaged in criminal behavior. Some of them happen to be police officers. Some are politicians, some are lawyers, some are teachers, some are rich, some are poor.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:52 AM

1,476 posts, read 1,776,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Whoa, you all are reading into a lot of sentiment that doesn't seem to have been stated or even implied.
Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I just posted some statistics. I in no way criticized the police. Some people believe that this data should be hidden from the public.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:09 PM

639 posts, read 1,142,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
To Protect and Serve?? - Note the question mark...it is obvious to anyone that this is an intent to bad mouth cops...where is the chart on crackhead nurses..how about politicians that are molesters.....how about teachers that have sex with 14 year old students??? How about the Con Edison worker that defrauds the company....where are all those charts??????????? Cops are easy targets, and I'm not justifying poor or criminal behavior by them, but for the most part they are underpaid and most definitely underappreciated. When they save a life they were "just doing their job" or "that's what we pay them for" and when they do bad it is FRONT PAGE news.....Just my opinion......

Old 12-03-2009, 06:14 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,776,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
To Protect and Serve?? - Note the question mark...it is obvious to anyone that this is an intent to bad mouth cops...where is the chart on crackhead nurses..how about politicians that are molesters.....how about teachers that have sex with 14 year old students??? How about the Con Edison worker that defrauds the company....where are all those charts??????????? Cops are easy targets, and I'm not justifying poor or criminal behavior by them, but for the most part they are underpaid and most definitely underappreciated. When they save a life they were "just doing their job" or "that's what we pay them for" and when they do bad it is FRONT PAGE news.....Just my opinion......
I agree with you that they are underpaid and under appreciated. Keep up the good work Police. A few bad apples don't spoil them all.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:40 PM
SWV

445 posts, read 1,337,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
you mean the gangbanger that beats me is good to go?
you mean i am supposed to like getting beatup like you are doing to yourself in this picture?
I'm not saying what the gangbanger does/did to you or may do to you is a good thing. But I'm saying police officers are supposed to protect and serve not sneak up on people and "beat" them up like you said.

Spare yourself the irony, because that was a stupid post on your part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies