Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2009, 08:17 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,355,794 times

Advertisements

... the same as China's. Go figure, but here's some high level details:

1) Doctors are not legally bound to adhere to the Hippocratic Oath, which is to do no harm by treatment and to treat all who come to you.

An excerpt from the modern implementation: "TO RECKON all who have taught me this art equally dear to me as my parents and in the same spirit and dedication to impart a knowledge of the art of medicine to others. I will continue with diligence to keep abreast of advances in medicine. I will treat without exception all who seek my ministrations, so long as the treatment of others is not compromised thereby, and I will seek the counsel of particularly skilled physicians where indicated for the benefit of my patient."

Hey, if a mixed person comes to a doctor and the doc doesn't like mixed persons, he has every right to refuse service! That oughta teach them immigrants the consequences of mixing blood! /sarcasm

2) Hospitals frequently throw people out on the streets who are not well as a result of this policy. Don't have money? Then you don't get treatment!

Hey, this will stop all those bloodsucking illegals and GIVE THEM WHAT THEY DESERVE, RIGHT?!?! /sarcasm

3) Doctors have no need to listen to the patient when it comes to their professional advice; they either accept it or leave.

Hey that will cut down on cost via avoiding the insurance company from paying multiples of a single diagnosis. After all, NOBODY MAKES A MISTAKE WHEN THEY'RE A DOCTOR

4) You cannot sue a doctor who had malpractice.

Hey, that will really cut down on legal bills!

Way to go conservatives!!!!! You've successfully shown your own stupidity by saying basically that the world's best healthcare system is also one adopted by one of the world's few remaining communist countries!

Contrast that with Cuba's health care system. It's the best in the world and Cubans have more centenarians per capita than any other nation on Earth. But hey, they have nationalized health care too, that CAN'T be good!

Just shut up and let people who understand how the body really works, and listen to the doctors, and not the greedy insurance companies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 08:48 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,113 times
I call BS. It's not an ideal conservative health care plan unless there's also an insurance industry getting rich off the transaction of money between patients and doctors.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:49 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Is it possible for liberals to have a conversation based upon facts without going into kookland?

Old 12-07-2009, 09:15 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,192,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
... the same as China's. Go figure, but here's some high level details:

1) Doctors are not legally bound to adhere to the Hippocratic Oath, which is to do no harm by treatment and to treat all who come to you.

An excerpt from the modern implementation: "TO RECKON all who have taught me this art equally dear to me as my parents and in the same spirit and dedication to impart a knowledge of the art of medicine to others. I will continue with diligence to keep abreast of advances in medicine. I will treat without exception all who seek my ministrations, so long as the treatment of others is not compromised thereby, and I will seek the counsel of particularly skilled physicians where indicated for the benefit of my patient."

Hey, if a mixed person comes to a doctor and the doc doesn't like mixed persons, he has every right to refuse service! That oughta teach them immigrants the consequences of mixing blood! /sarcasm

2) Hospitals frequently throw people out on the streets who are not well as a result of this policy. Don't have money? Then you don't get treatment!

Hey, this will stop all those bloodsucking illegals and GIVE THEM WHAT THEY DESERVE, RIGHT?!?! /sarcasm

3) Doctors have no need to listen to the patient when it comes to their professional advice; they either accept it or leave.

Hey that will cut down on cost via avoiding the insurance company from paying multiples of a single diagnosis. After all, NOBODY MAKES A MISTAKE WHEN THEY'RE A DOCTOR

4) You cannot sue a doctor who had malpractice.

Hey, that will really cut down on legal bills!

Way to go conservatives!!!!! You've successfully shown your own stupidity by saying basically that the world's best healthcare system is also one adopted by one of the world's few remaining communist countries!

Contrast that with Cuba's health care system. It's the best in the world and Cubans have more centenarians per capita than any other nation on Earth. But hey, they have nationalized health care too, that CAN'T be good!

Just shut up and let people who understand how the body really works, and listen to the doctors, and not the greedy insurance companies.

that doesnt sound like the conservative side, that sounds more like the liberal side, especially after they start the death panels and start rationing care for anyone that is either too old or just not a liberal.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:37 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Is it possible for liberals to have a conversation based upon facts without going into kookland?
Yes it is. But it's not clear whether you'd recognize it, given that you can't recognize sarcasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
that doesnt sound like the conservative side, that sounds more like the liberal side, especially after they start the death panels and start rationing care for anyone that is either too old or just not a liberal.
See? Monkeywrench actually believes this. And you have problems with liberals?

Old 12-08-2009, 03:36 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,192,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Yes it is. But it's not clear whether you'd recognize it, given that you can't recognize sarcasm.

See? Monkeywrench actually believes this. And you have problems with liberals?

I have problems with anyone including republicans who will tamper with the freedoms of our country, and do not like it when people use sarcasm to play with freedom either.

it cheapens it in my book, and any program that is there to take freedom away from the people should be gotten rid of, including Pat act and any health care bill.

Old 12-08-2009, 04:30 AM

366 posts, read 297,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
Contrast that with Cuba's health care system. It's the best in the world
You have to be joking. That country is third world in every degree. And what do conservatives have to do with China? It's a freaking COMMUNIST country, more akin to what liberals want than conservatives do even in their wildest dreams.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:16 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
Conservative American businessmen have financed the growth of Chinese industry and the huge import deficit. Lack of any healthcare related costs are one of the factors driving this malinvestment. This just shows that dishonorable investment bankers will deal with a Communist Devil if the deal is profitable in the short term. The Communists win by dindustrializing their biggest rival for the world. Communist China plans for the long and longer term. We don’t plan at all.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:20 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,909,539 times
a conservative's health care system would FIRST involve cutting the massive waste in health care and allowing insurance competition across state borders. conservatives wouldn't make ANY program huge until they see if it actually worked first, unlike some liberals.

they would fix the already broken systems before they set up a new one.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies