Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2009, 06:02 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,776,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
On November 10th, the AMA reversed its long-held position that marijuana has no acceptable medicinal value and adopted a new policy position favoring medical marijuana. The AMA called on the U.S. government to reconsider its current classification as a Schedule I substance. (The government categorizes drugs into “Schedules.” Four of the five actually regulate the use of substances, but Schedule I drugs—such as marijuana, heroin and LSD—are completely banned.)
source: DEA Forced to Scrub Misleading Info on the American Medical Association's Position on Marijuana | DrugReporter | AlterNet

******** probably came up with this disinformation himself. Neo-conservatives are probably crying right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 06:06 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Neo-conservatives are probably crying right now.
I'm sure there's one out there who smiled when they read your thread title.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:32 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,096 times
The DEA treats drugs in a completely fascist way, from robbing and imprisoning peaceful users to using false propaganda to further its anti-citizen goals. It's about time this anti-constitutional organization is checked.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:39 PM

366 posts, read 297,410 times
I think cannibus is far, FAR less dangerous than alcohol. I don't use it, and haven't in more than a decade but IMO it's less dangerous and less harmful than alcohol; even beer.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:01 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
source: DEA Forced to Scrub Misleading Info on the American Medical Association's Position on Marijuana | DrugReporter | AlterNet

******** probably came up with this disinformation himself. Neo-conservatives are probably crying right now.
I hope they are, but I don't know. They have their hands full with so much thesedays.
I totally agree with one thing.........The GOP under Nixon and then Reagan....really kicked the joke of a "War on Drugs" into high gear and demonized pot in a big way.......even though it had already gone mainstream and science was unable to find anything truly harmful in its use! Even the New England Journal of Medicine recommended that pot be legalized by 1982 or ?
Deemed SAFE.....safer than alcohol and cigarettes!
Also the LaDain Comm.? during Nixon's term.....said basically, the same thing about pot. Nixon trashed the report and REFUSED to believe their honest findings of pot and debate it further.
It wasn't what he wanted to hear.

As a conservative, this is definitely one issue I have REALLY opposed of the neo-cons and the GOP, overall. Well, neo-cons ARE whacked just as bad as Libs. are to me.
Their propaganda and lies in regard to drugs has been so hypocritical, sick and pathetic (indoctrinations, mis-info. polarizing and perpetuating one big LIE....whether they realize it or not)....since the days of "Just say No" / DARE and the creation of the DEA under Nixon....the crook~!

Sadly though....the Dems. who WERE far more tolerant and even pro-marijuana decriminalization under Carter's term.......turned out to be NO DIFFERENT than the stupid Pubs. and by the time Clinton.....the inhaler-n-chief, became POTUS....the WoD was a commitment for life!

By now....it was WAR......on crack, gangs, meth, heroin users/dealers/drug lords/cartels......and all 50 million American potsmokers too.
Pot.
The symbol of hippee rebellion.....dirty hippees and Woodstock.....Cheech and Chong and all that goes with the stereotypical image of the stoner!
From 500,000 incarcerated in 1980.....to what? 3.5 MILLION in jail, in the US....today?
Prisons must be the answer.
Rehabilitation = Punish, "treat", monitor and CONTROL = Conform or be cast out via zero tolerance.

Too many jobs had been created to keep the status quo going in the long lost "War" on drugs. Drug testing companies, background companies, jails, probation/correction officers, lawyers, etc. etc. have benefitted greatly......with this "war" on ourselves.

Too much corruption and too much money were to be had......by keeping it illegal and the full-scale, war on drugs going and going. Marijuana arrests averaged around 750,000/year under Clinton's 2 terms.
BUT......medical marijuana laws began to occur state by state, since Clinton. 13 states today.
Something that likely....would NOT have happened under a Pub. administration initially, I would assume? Though....there was no stopping what had started byt the time GW took office, to the dismay of John ********, Walters and so many other neo-con, draconian tyrants.

BOTH parties LOVE to screw over the people in favor of their special interests and keeping the War on Drugs going forever.....IS in their best interests.....just like their idea of "reform" with our health care is in their best financial interest.
Today, the DEMS......have the power, the control and the desire to SCREW US over, now that Bush's time is past.
They really want to.....and behind closed doors......their plan takes shape.
It's soooo obvious....from the fryin pan into the fryer is all that has been accomplished.......and it SUX!

Now.....back to that phat bowl I was about to blaze up

Last edited by Sign; 12-08-2009 at 09:19 PM..

Old 12-08-2009, 09:05 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
[/b]

I hope they are, but I don't know. They have their hands full with so much thesedays.
I totally agree with one thing.........The GOP under Nixon and then Reagan....really kicked the joke of a "War on Drugs" into high gear and demonized pot in a big way.......even though it had already gone mainstream and science was unable to find anything truly harmful in its use! Even the New England Journal of Medicine recommended that pot be legalized by 1982 or ?
Deemed SAFE.....safer than alcohol and cigarettes!
Also the LaDain Comm.? during Nixon's term.....said basically, the same thing about pot. Nixon trashed the report and REFUSED to believe their honest findings of pot and debate it further.
It wasn't what he wanted to hear.

As a conservative, this is definitely one issue I have REALLY opposed of the neo-cons and the GOP, overall. Well, neo-cons ARE whacked just as bad as Libs. are to me.
Their propaganda and lies in regard to drugs has been so hypocritical, sick and pathetic (indoctrinations, mis-info. polarizing and perpetuating one big LIE....whether they realize it or not)....since the days of "Just say No" / DARE and the creation of the DEA under Nixon....the crook~!

Sadly though....the Dems. who WERE far more tolerant and even pro-marijuana decriminalization under Carter's term.......turned out to be NO DIFFERENT than the stupid Pubs. and by the time Clinton.....the inhaler-n-chief, became POTUS....the WoD was a commitment for life!

By now....it was WAR......on crack, gangs, meth, heroin users/dealers/drug lords/cartels......and all 50 million American potsmokers too.
Pot.
The symbol of hippee rebellion.....dirty hippees and Woodstock.....Cheech and Chong and all that goes with the stereotypical image of the stoner!
From 500,000 incarcerated in 1980.....to what? 3.5 MILLION in jail, in the US....today?
Prisons must be the answer.
Rehabilitation = Punish, "treat", monitor and CONTROL = Conform or be cast out via zero tolerance.

Too many jobs had been created to keep the status quo going in the long lost "War" on drugs. Drug testing companies, background companies, jails, probation/correction officers, lawyers, etc. etc. have benefitted greatly......with this "war" on ourselves.

Too much corruption and too much money were to be had......by keeping it illegal and the full-scale, war on drugs going and going. Marijuana arrests averaged around 750,000/year under Clinton's 2 terms.
BUT......medical marijuana laws began to occur state by state, since Clinton. 13 states today.
Something that likely....would NOT have happened under a Pub. administration, I would assume?

BOTH parties LOVE to screw over the people in favor of their special interests and keeping the War on Drugs going forever.....IS in their best interests.....just like their idea of "reform" with our health care is in their best financial interest.

Now.....back to that phat bowl I was about to blaze up
wish i had some maui wowie

Old 12-08-2009, 09:32 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
wish i had some maui wowie
Pakalolo.....Maui nugz....da kind bud...yummy good, 'spensive and a must if your in the islands, brah.
Kona Gold and Puna Butter too.......yum, yum.
Man, I NEED a vacation!
Thanks for bringin up Hawaii.....especially since its so damn cold now.
But Christmas is coming and I'll gladly accept any donations for such the vacation.
PM me if you feel especially generous this silly season, OK?
A couple of months at the Grand Wailea resort and an endless supply of the Maui bud.....will do just fine, BTW.
At the low low price of just $350/night + golf, whale watching, mai tais and massages, I shouldn't need more than $30k if you can swing it.
Just kidding......I'm dreamin again.

Last edited by Sign; 12-08-2009 at 09:40 PM..

Old 12-08-2009, 11:04 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
I'd settle for Toledo Windowbox.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies