Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 10:45 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,416,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
The man's choice is to not have sex if he doesn't want the consequences.
A woman does not get pregnant without sperm.
The woman gets the exact same choice. If she chooses not to have sex, she won't get pregnant.

So that choice is equaled out by a womans choice. However, a womans choice to have an abortion, isn't equalled out by men. Please don't bring the "men should have a choice in abortion" thing up, as its a womans body, her choice.

What we seek, is an equal decision. Is it not my body to work 10 hours a week for a child I may not have wanted anything to do with? If I made that plain and known to her up front?

(before a personal attack starts, I have a child, he lives with me, and I take care of him)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 10:48 AM

4,574 posts, read 7,507,474 times
Men have a choice of letting the juices out in her hallway. A man should not have a say about it, as he is the one who made her pregnant.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:49 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,416,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Men have a choice of letting the juices out in her hallway. A man should not have a say about it, as he is the one who made her pregnant.

Again, she has that exact same choice.

Whats funny, is the "womens rights" activists here are saying that Men get women pregnant. However, in reality, its a combination of the two.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:04 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,559,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Oh good, yet another anti-woman thread.
We already have one this week.
We're so lucky to have more than one thread this week.
It must be close to xmas.

A woman can't get pregnant without sperm.
Don't want yourself put in a position you find untenable, don't leave your sperm in a woman.
Once you can carry a fetus to term, then you have a voice.
Until then, not so much.
I didn't know Oprah visited these boards. The topic involved the courts and law, not sperm or your personal hatred of men.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:47 AM

59,225 posts, read 27,425,430 times
As usual this issue has wondered off course, I believe.

Lets seperate the issue.
1. Within marriage
2.Outside marriage.

1. I'll add my 2cents. When 2 people get married the ring is a symbol of the 2 becoming 1, hence the ring has no beginning, has no end. All decisions should be by consent from both parties.
When they engage in sex, it is with the understanding that each partner will uphold whatever "responsible" for the outcome without any demands on the other.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:50 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,554,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagey cretin View Post
I walked alone for many years because I wouldnt stick the likes of the feminzi butch thugs that are reared in and ruining this country since the 60s. My wife and I were both mature enough to wait until I was 41 nad she 32 before we started our family. We decided before marriage we wanted two children and then I got snipped.

Western butchs are the worst. Glad i avoided the entitled selfish baby killing skanks
Gee, I sense you're holding something back. Why not be completely honest about your feelings, Cretin?

Old 12-13-2009, 07:01 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,345,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurian View Post
I'm becoming increasingly disillusioned with the "pro-choice" movement. I'm pretty sure they're more concerned about ensuring female-privilege over men's rights.

No, I'm not saying that a husband should be able to force a woman to bear a child if she wants an abortion and he doesn't.

However, if the man DOESN'T want a child, he's screwed.

A woman has the legal right to get an abortion if she doesn't want to bear the burden of raising a child. Even if she doesn't want to get an abortion, she can abandon the child at a hospital, fire department and police department under "Safe Haven" Laws and face absolutely no legal repercussions.

And yet a man can be forced to pay child support to a child support and alimony for a child he never wanted and alimony to a woman he doesn't love, and go to jail if he refuses to. He can even be forced to pay for a child that's not biologically his (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/22/ma...pagewanted=all)

Clearly men do not have a choice in this matter.

I think there's leeway for a trade off however. I will 100% totally support abortions under any circumstance for whoever for whatever the reason, if we do away with forced child-support and alimony.
You are correct. Biology has determined that "to be or not to be" regarding pregnancy is solely a woman's decision. And, if the choice is "to be," the baby daddy has a responsibility to the ensuing child. And men do, indeed, have a choice: wear a condom or keep it in your pants.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:06 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,583,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagey cretin View Post
I walked alone for many years because I wouldnt stick the likes of the feminzi butch thugs that are reared in and ruining this country since the 60s. My wife and I were both mature enough to wait until I was 41 nad she 32 before we started our family. We decided before marriage we wanted two children and then I got snipped.

Western butchs are the worst. Glad i avoided the entitled selfish baby killing skanks
So how are "feminazis" ruining the nation? It is the likes of you which got the movement started to begin with. Thank you!

I look forward to your "response".

Old 12-13-2009, 07:08 PM

18,414 posts, read 19,053,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
men do, indeed, have a choice: wear a condom or keep it in your pants.
excellent post

Old 12-13-2009, 07:14 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,981,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurian View Post
I'm becoming increasingly disillusioned with the "pro-choice" movement. I'm pretty sure they're more concerned about ensuring female-privilege over men's rights.

No, I'm not saying that a husband should be able to force a woman to bear a child if she wants an abortion and he doesn't.

However, if the man DOESN'T want a child, he's screwed.

A woman has the legal right to get an abortion if she doesn't want to bear the burden of raising a child. Even if she doesn't want to get an abortion, she can abandon the child at a hospital, fire department and police department under "Safe Haven" Laws and face absolutely no legal repercussions.

And yet a man can be forced to pay child support to a child support and alimony for a child he never wanted and alimony to a woman he doesn't love, and go to jail if he refuses to. He can even be forced to pay for a child that's not biologically his (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/22/ma...pagewanted=all)

Clearly men do not have a choice in this matter.

I think there's leeway for a trade off however. I will 100% totally support abortions under any circumstance for whoever for whatever the reason, if we do away with forced child-support and alimony.
Ive stated this exact thing multiple times on this forum. And inevitably it returns right back to the circular argument that, "Well Life isnt fair!" -- and "Well he could have chose not to have sex and impregnate her!"...yet no one discounts a woman's "choice" to remove her responsibility to her child by aborting it by saying "Well she could have chosen not to have sex and become pregnant." ..all of a sudden her body is paramount. However what a father chooses to do with his body AFTER conception is irrelevant.

This is a result of two things. Selective reasoning when applying rules of equality. And the ongoing attempt to portray men as villans and women as victims. As long as society lets women view conception/pregnancy as something that men DO TO women, equal rights will never be achieved. But make no mistake about it, not all mothers or women want equal rights. Many just want the right to determine which consequences of their actions they will accept and which ones they wont. While simultaneously declaring that since their contribution to conception and chidbirth is the birthing of children, then their personal rights, post conception should be given more leeway than mens personal rights post conception.. Great thread!

Last edited by solytaire; 12-13-2009 at 07:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies