Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2010, 03:51 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,849,124 times

Advertisements

You couldnt rep him, but I could.

Multiple choice time.
A black man in America is mostly likely to be killed by...

A. A goldfish
B. A football helmeted bear shot from a cannon.
C. A fast moving train
D. A robot clown named Mr. Sparkles
E. A black man.

. In one study by the Bureau of Justice Statistics (covering reported violent crime that occurred between 1993-98) when the offender had been identified, 76% of the time the violence was intra-racial.

Black on Black Violence | PSJ

There's being brainwashed and then there's just straight ignoring the facts.
I'm not gonna feed the troll any more.

Old 01-28-2010, 03:52 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,466,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
You do realize that you have many reasons that explain the chart?? Quality of education and poverty rates for one......
Quality of schools, access to learning material, a supporting system etc.
There are huge differences in performance among european students.
That is why there are differences among white european students as well.
The reason cannot be the race obviously.

Old 01-28-2010, 03:55 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,225,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Here's the truth, Humans didn't split from Neandertals 300,000 years ago. The growing evidence and concensus is that Neandertals were an entirely separate branch. And the growing evidence is also that the movement was not quite so direct as you seem to think, but rather human populations migrated IN and out of Africa, back and forth for some time.

The truth is we don't know how different genetically we are from Neandertals, because we are CURRENTLY trying to isolate a pure DNA sample from Neandertal material, and until we successfully do so, we cannot do a genetic analysis. But in terms of genetics, the different human races do NOT represent different human species, and consistent genetic variations with populations isolated from another are to be expected in such a large population. But those variations are about RANGES in human genetics, not species differentiation.
No, you are wrong. Both Humans and neanderthals shared the same ancestor. In fact, humans share the same ancestor as all primates if you trace it back far enough. But like you said, there have been different braches that have been created. If humans and chimpanzees share a common ancestor millions of years ago, then why can't we both mate with each other? Once two groups are separated from each other long enough, the genetic distance will be so great that they will be incapable of mating. In cases they are capable of mating, their children are usually infertile or deformed.

In order to have enough separation between groups for a long enough period of time. Each group would need to be geographically "cut-off" from each other for a very long period of time. In the case of neanderthals and humans. This was mostly in the form of the Sahara desert and the ice ages. If humans had been separated from each other for three times as long as they were. Then it would probably be impossible for Africans to mate with Asians and Europeans. Africans are the most dissimilar from everyone else.

Also, you have to understand what species and races actually are. At one time they classified cro-magnon man as being a separate species from humans. Now they say they were human, why?

"Species - the major subdivision of a genus or subgenus, regarded as the basic category of biological classification, composed of related individuals that resemble one another, are able to breed among themselves, but are not able to breed with members of another species."

By this definition of species, then since humans, neaderthals, and cro-magon man could all breed, and they couldn't breed with any other species. Then we would all be considered the same species. But that is obviously not the common definition of species.

"Race -An interbreeding, usually geographically isolated population of organisms differing from other populations of the same species in the frequency of hereditary traits. A race that has been given formal taxonomic recognition is known as a subspecies."

Hereditary traits? Sounds like the definition of race that I have always been familiar with.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:27 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,225,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Do you really not understand that your own words condem your point of view? Do you really NOT see that, by your own examples, it is NOT diversity that has caused these problems but people trying to eradicate diversity? Do you truly not understand that you will NEVER have a place where every single person is exactly like every single other person? If it isn't race it is religion. If it is neither race or religion it is education level or income level or any other thing that people can think up to excuse their ignorance and dislike of others. My goodness man, people raised in the same home who share the same blood and same culture kill and hurt one another all the time. There is simply no way that you will ever find your "paradise" as long as some human beings insist on seeing themselves as "better" or "righter" than other human beings and convince themselves that it is their RIGHT to enforce THEIR ways upon others. Different is not wrong. Different is just different.
I never said people didn't have differences. I realize people in relatively homogeneous areas of the world aren't perfect. I am just saying that, you are adding more fuel to the fire, which increases the probability that there will be problems. The facts are pretty easy to see. Small, homogeneous populations, with strong national identities are the happiest countries in the world. And they are more peaceful and have lower crime. Diverse countries are always less peaceful, with more social unrest, and much higher crime. The United States has one of the highest crime rates in the world. And we have more people in prison than any other country.

I am sure that jews don't all get along with each other, but do you really think it is a good idea to move some muslims in next door? I realize I don't get along with my sister all the time, but does that mean I want some trumpet-playing, spanish-speaking Mexicans to move in next door?

What happens with diversity is, diversity causes a division, at some point something will happen that will cause some sort of political upheaval between the two groups. Like the Rodney King beating started LA riots. Once this happens, the groups will begin to see each other as an enemy. Violence escalates between the groups that further divides the groups. At some point they will frustrated enough with each other to the point that one group wants to "get rid" of the other. Then it is a battle over territory, with neither side wanting to give an inch. In politics, minority groups don't see themselves as being represented and want to become independent. At first they seek autonomy, then they seek sovereignty, then they seek secession.

Racial tension is rapidly causing the degeneration of this country into partisan bickering groups. With many states threatening nullification of federal laws and even secession(Texas).

Once this country breaks up, historians will undoubtedly accredit it to the push for diversity, and the federal governments seizure of control of the entire nation, while trying to suppress dissenters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
You do realize that you have many reasons that explain the chart?? Quality of education and poverty rates for one......
I am not going to say that education and poverty rates don't play a role. But Hispanics generally live in much more poverty stricken conditions than blacks, and they are taught in the same bad schools. Yet, they score far better on the same tests.

People have claimed cultural bias on IQ tests forever, but asians score better on IQ tests than Europeans. So, to me, it is nothing but excuses because you don't want to admit the truth.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:33 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,664,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I never said people didn't have differences. I realize people in relatively homogeneous areas of the world aren't perfect. I am just saying that, you are adding more fuel to the fire, which increases the probability that there will be problems. The facts are pretty easy to see. Small, homogeneous populations, with strong national identities are the happiest countries in the world. And they are more peaceful and have lower crime. Diverse countries are always less peaceful, with more social unrest, and much higher crime. The United States has one of the highest crime rates in the world. And we have more people in prison than any other country.

I am sure that jews don't all get along with each other, but do you really think it is a good idea to move some muslims in next door? I realize I don't get along with my sister all the time, but does that mean I want some trumpet-playing, spanish-speaking Mexicans to move in next door?

What happens with diversity is, diversity causes a division, at some point something will happen that will cause some sort of political upheaval between the two groups. Like the Rodney King beating started LA riots. Once this happens, the groups will begin to see each other as an enemy. Violence escalates between the groups that further divides the groups. At some point they will frustrated enough with each other to the point that one group wants to "get rid" of the other. Then it is a battle over territory, with neither side wanting to give an inch. In politics, minority groups don't see themselves as being represented and want to become independent. At first they seek autonomy, then they seek sovereignty, then they seek secession.

Racial tension is rapidly causing the degeneration of this country into partisan bickering groups. With many states threatening nullification of federal laws and even secession(Texas).

Once this country breaks up, historians will undoubtedly accredit it to the push for diversity, and the federal governments seizure of control of the entire nation, while trying to suppress dissenters.

I am not going to say that education and poverty rates don't play a role. But Hispanics generally live in much more poverty stricken conditions than blacks, and they are taught in the same bad schools. Yet, they score far better on the same tests.

People have claimed cultural bias on IQ tests forever, but asians score better on IQ tests than Europeans. So, to me, it is nothing but excuses because you don't want to admit the truth.
Rely on red to give me something to do while I wait for dinner to get finished cooking.

Women kind of control interbreeding. One would imagine that when Neanderthals roamed the earth, women tended to have less control over breeding. I know why I have a personal stake in this issue. One wonders why Red apparently has a stake in it. Does Red worry about getting pregnant?

Old 01-28-2010, 05:45 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,120,946 times
What can you do? Some folks fear diversity. Some folks celebrate diversity. I just wish those who fear would keep it to themselves and quit trying to spread their fear with myths, distortions, and propaganda. I'm going to leave it alone becaues you can't reason with a closed mind. I'll just continue to lead my joyful, full life with a family so diverse that we look like the United Nations and friends that I may differ from in many ways but share the common thread of humanity, curiosity, and courage that allows us to embrace the difference and not fear it.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:49 PM

202 posts, read 485,081 times
[quote=Redshadowz;11993157]I never said that they ALWAYS had problems. I merely mention it based on statistics. Statistically a child born in interracial marriages are much more likely to be in families that have social turmoil.

Are you KIDDING me? What 'statistics' are these??? And are these same 'statistics' taking note of all the f---d up kids from families who are NOT mixed? Because THAT is what I see more of.

I am half black and white. I am SOOOOO tired of people trying to tell me how I feel, or what will bother me, or what my dam-n life is like. Where do you all get off??

I have never, ever had any problems being mixed. None of the mixed kids that I knew growing up, OR the mixed people i know now, have had any issues. Quite the opposite actually.

With my light skin, and green eyes, I hate to say it, but i have been given higher status at times by BOTH races. Some blacks got the light skin thing going on, and favor light skinned blacks. Some whites like me more because I guess I dont scare them as much, and warm up to me easily.

Ignorant on both sides part? Maybe. That's not my feeling..thats them. But regardless, I mix easily with blacks, whites, AND puerto ricans. As a matter of fact, I get asked if i'm hispanic too. All those races, I move in-between them like nothing. I have joked to myself that I am quite the chameleon. I can walk into a Snoop Dogg concert, leave there and walk into a Salsa concert, and leave there and walk into a Bob Dylan concert like it was nothing. And while I'm at each concert I can laugh, joke and have a good time with each group, almost adopted by them at times. I think that is pretty awesome myself.

I sincerely think that my personality, and my mixed race, helps me a lot. All sides have claimed parts of me at some point. I'm educated, I carry myself well, im polite and respectfull, and I can get along with all types of people as long as they are cool and not stuck up a-holes. And I truly believe my mixed race has helped me do that. Blacks/whites think there are parts of me they can identify with, because..well..there IS. And I embrace both sides of me.

I could never for the life of me understand why people think mixed race people are all in therapy or something. It's been great for me, sorry.

Sorry for the rant. I didn't even bother to read the next 10 pages of posts. I just couldn't take it anymore, and had to post.

Sign me..mixed and loving it.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:52 PM

419 posts, read 449,055 times
Quote:
No, you are wrong. Both Humans and neanderthals shared the same ancestor. In fact, humans share the same ancestor as all primates if you trace it back far enough. But like you said, there have been different braches that have been created. If humans and chimpanzees share a common ancestor millions of years ago, then why can't we both mate with each other? Once two groups are separated from each other long enough, the genetic distance will be so great that they will be incapable of mating. In cases they are capable of mating, their children are usually infertile or deformed.

In order to have enough separation between groups for a long enough period of time. Each group would need to be geographically "cut-off" from each other for a very long period of time. In the case of neanderthals and humans. This was mostly in the form of the Sahara desert and the ice ages. If humans had been separated from each other for three times as long as they were. Then it would probably be impossible for Africans to mate with Asians and Europeans. Africans are the most dissimilar from everyone else.

Also, you have to understand what species and races actually are. At one time they classified cro-magnon man as being a separate species from humans. Now they say they were human, why?

"Species - the major subdivision of a genus or subgenus, regarded as the basic category of biological classification, composed of related individuals that resemble one another, are able to breed among themselves, but are not able to breed with members of another species."

By this definition of species, then since humans, neaderthals, and cro-magon man could all breed, and they couldn't breed with any other species. Then we would all be considered the same species. But that is obviously not the common definition of species.

"Race -An interbreeding, usually geographically isolated population of organisms differing from other populations of the same species in the frequency of hereditary traits. A race that has been given formal taxonomic recognition is known as a subspecies."

Hereditary traits? Sounds like the definition of race that I have always been familiar with.

Wow! I could really spread my seed with the group on the bottom. I would make sure my blue eyed and blonde hair gene would be on the face of this planet for a while starting from the left to the right.

oh, except for the dude in the middle. Leave him out.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:26 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,991,944 times
well Redshadowz
with the recent photos u showed, u showed asians and sweedes as smiling and in a non threating pose. But u show a group of blacks stoned faced with guns. If u want to play that game then I will too.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:11 PM

22,214 posts, read 19,504,200 times
Quote:

According to the Census Bureau as of 2007 the poverty rate for blacks was 24.5%, and Hispanics 21.5%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies