Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2009, 10:31 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Honestly, I might sound like I cold-hearted bastard, but I really only want the best for everyone. And if an interracial child has a higher probability of being unhappy than a single-race child. Then I just don't understand why anyone would have an interracial child. Are there no other options?
I don't know if you're concern trolling or if you're simply obtuse. But for such an ardent realist, you do not seem to have a grasp on the fact that statistics are based on variables, making "X% of IR marriages fail therefore any given IR marriage has X% chance of failing" an incorrect statement, to put it politely.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:33 AM

1,767 posts, read 2,349,068 times
~

Miscegenation destroys all races.

Anti-miscegenation laws existed in the USA until the Supreme Court ruled against them in 1967.

Anti-miscegenation laws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

~

Old 12-12-2009, 10:34 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,796 times
If they're just jumping into marriage then no it ain't gonna work. I'm black, and my current girlfriend is korean. We've been somewhat on and off for a few years, but we've met each others' families, I know about her traditions, and vice versa. If we did make that jump, we have enough info regarding each other for it to hopefully not be a **** up.

Old 12-12-2009, 11:57 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
It seems like Americans, particularly white Americans, strongly oppose IRR. I understand that its 1929 moving to 1930, so that explains a lot.

Why do people oppose race mixing?
what an ignorant and completely false post! where did you get this information? you really should not ASSume things like that because it makes you look like an ASSumer. good job

BTW, I was born in the US, am white, and have been married to a black woman (also born in the US) for over 22 years, so yeah, I can call your post ignorant and foolish. I absolutely cannot stand people who spew off garbage without anything to back it up. People like that should just sit in the corner and shut up. They look like (and are) complete fools.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:19 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,362,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Unfortunately there are still way too many racists in America. This is not just a American problem but some Americans still have the KKK mentality. I am sure there are far more than we imagine. I still find it hard to believe that it was only as far back as the 60's that segregation was common in America and racism was common and in the open.
Yep. We still got a LOOOOOONNNNNNGGGG way to go on race relations, I'm sorry to say. Not even close to being a "color-blind" society, don't fool yourself...

Old 12-12-2009, 12:29 PM

yeah, good thing that aren't any black racists. I sure as hell have never heard a black person make a disparaging remark about myself, my wife, or both of us when we're together..

racism exists everywhere, but so do stupid people that make uninformed and ignorant statements and accusations. Unfortunately we can't (legally) do anything about them.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:30 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
yeah, good thing that aren't any black racists. I sure as hell have never heard a black person make a disparaging remark about myself, my wife, or both of us when we're together..

racism exists everywhere, but so do stupid people that make uninformed and ignorant statements and accusations. Unfortunately we can't (legally) do anything about them.

Where did that come from? No one said anything of the sort. It always comes back around to us darkies apparently. You married a black chick supposedly but you seem to be awfully vitriolic towards her race.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:41 PM

937 posts, read 2,834,553 times
Clean black guy with a white woman who actually care and love each other, and not just together for status quo, I have no issue with. The white gal with ghetto, trashy lookin black guys, well, I don't agree with it. Seems like white women are out to prove something and black guys are doing it to get back at the white man, but it is what it is. Also seems like a ton of black guys just talk too dirty and disrespectful right off the bat, I just find that in poor taste, looking for a piece of ass and thats it.

Asian/White couples don't bother me in the least.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Where did that come from? No one said anything of the sort. It always comes back around to us darkies apparently. You married a black chick supposedly but you seem to be awfully vitriolic towards her race.
what do you mean where am I coming from? I was responding to a lot of the people in this thread/board/country that think racism can only be white on every other race. It's idiotic, but rampant. My point is that there is indeed racism everywhere, but it comes from all directions. If you are the self described (insert word you used here) you claim to be, you should have no problem agreeing with that.
BTW, that is an extremely ignorant term to use and not a term I would ever use. I actually think that would qualify as an offensive post, but then again so do all of the posts from people with michael moore disease (white hating whites).

and there is no supposedly about it. I know who I am married to!

Old 12-12-2009, 12:51 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
like many ambitious posts --this thread has the ambition to change public thought. but sometimes the public thought is correct. the herd is not always in error.
women do need to look to their own interests. just bek someone is of another race does not mean they are prince charming and all his friends are from harvard.
on the other hand i have seen som WM BF couples that were pretty happy low divorce rate and both had education and class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies