Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 06:22 AM

2,637 posts, read 4,464,661 times

Advertisements

I have always been attracted to White Women, so that is all I have ever dated. And all I care to date.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:01 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,245,859 times
As someone who hooks up mostly outside his race, I'd say that it's black folks who have the biggest problem with interracial relationships not white people. Especially when add in the fact that I'm not too bad looking no top model but ugmo either, plus I have a degree and a good job, so I owe something to my race. I don't know.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:05 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
As someone who hooks up mostly outside his race, I'd say that it's black folks who have the biggest problem with interracial relationships not white people. Especially when add in the fact that I'm not too bad looking no top model but ugmo either, plus I have a degree and a good job, so I owe something to my race. I don't know.
I would like to know where you come up with the belief that it's black people who have a problem with interracial relationships? Just like I posted earlier, you can find black/white interracial couples all over the place. So if either of the two had a problem with it, wouldnt you think you wouldn't see these kind of couples?

Old 12-11-2009, 07:26 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
During my days as a single lad, I had numerous IRRs.

And I honestly do not recall anyone giving a damn.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:29 AM

1,476 posts, read 1,776,558 times
The religious right believe that non-whites are the children of Ham and are supposed to be slaves to whites. The GOP under Bush and Reagan was built around this concept.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:50 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
The religious right believe that non-whites are the children of Ham and are supposed to be slaves to whites. The GOP under Bush and Reagan was built around this concept.
Sure it was. That's why arch conservative, pig-headed, Neo Con and son of George H W Bush, Jeb Bush, married a Mexican.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:08 AM

921 posts, read 1,132,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
When you say that it's black folks who have the biggest problem, I don't agree.
I'm very supportive of interracial relationships because it's the love & honesty that counts, not the race.

Also, I know quite a few people in interracial relationships, & most of them are married with kids.
I know one interracial couple where the woman is black & her husband is white and she told me that it took a while for her in-laws to accept their marriage.
She even said in the beginning, her mother in-law wouldn't even show the usual "grandmotherly love" to their kids until a few years into their marriage.

This shows you that the problems can come from either side, it all depends on the persons racial maturity.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:38 AM

3,006 posts, read 3,871,484 times
I've never encountered anyone who has a problem with it- except my Mum initially, but then she's never liked any of my partners. It seems maybe the older generations have issues with it, but no one under 35 as its so common at my age. My girlfriend is Phillipino and i'm White/Welsh. In the UK we have the equivalent of the KKK called the BNP. I've never met a BNP member in my life though.

edit: I do know some people from religious backgrounds who wont date outside of their race, but for religious reasons rather than racial ones. I know a muslim girl who's parents wont allow her to date because of this, but she does anyway.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
the religious right believe that non-whites are the children of ham and are supposed to be slaves to whites. The gop under bush and reagan was built around this concept.
bulls##t

Old 12-11-2009, 09:19 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
I don't think that interracial relationships have much of a stigma anymore, so that would suggest that the majority of people, no matter their race, don't perceive interracial relationships in a negative light at all. That said, there are still some groups who are opposed to interracial relationships, and I think the reason for that is fear, pure and simple. People who feel threatened by change, people who feel threatened by other cultures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies