Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2010, 10:52 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,114,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
I was waiting for that reply! hehe. Like Calipoppy said, Hispanics come in all shades! Definitely best classified as multi-racial, even when they "look white".
Needless to say, we're definitely from different cultures.
What if they are 100% Hispanic? Are they still "multi-racial"? I am half white and half Cuban and I check "white" sometimes and "of Hispanic descent" at other times. In many cases, the boxes will go so far as to say "white, non-Hispanic" instead of just "white" so my answer to that specific question would then be "Hispanic."

Anyway, I don't have any problem with interracial couples. Whatever floats their boat.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:50 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,570,627 times
Some folks can't judge other folks by anything else besides the color of their skin---plain & simple.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:01 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,243,362 times
Those in my large extended family that followed the liberal mindset and married or just had kids with non-traditional mates have paid the price with very hard lives. They are the ones raising many kids by multiple partners that rarely or never contributed to the cost of raising said kids. It was not an easy life for anyone of them, and the future will be even worse now that young adults rarely can survive without their parent's continuing subsidies.

The traditionalists in our family are all doing well financially, and most of us are happily married for 25 years or more. My race is northern European, with a strong work ethic and little tolerance for irresponsible people who don't carry their own weight. It is easy to be tempted by the "flashy males" of various ethnicities, if you are a young naive girl, but I have never seen this work out well in my experience.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:19 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Those in my large extended family that followed the liberal mindset and married or just had kids with non-traditional mates have paid the price with very hard lives. They are the ones raising many kids by multiple partners that rarely or never contributed to the cost of raising said kids. It was not an easy life for anyone of them, and the future will be even worse now that young adults rarely can survive without their parent's continuing subsidies.

The traditionalists in our family are all doing well financially, and most of us are happily married for 25 years or more. My race is northern European, with a strong work ethic and little tolerance for irresponsible people who don't carry their own weight. It is easy to be tempted by the "flashy males" of various ethnicities, if you are a young naive girl, but I have never seen this work out well in my experience.
Right, because we all know that only people of northern European ancestry are family-oriented with a strong work ethic and all others are "doomed" to a cursed life of misery with those "flashy males"

By the way, why no mention of the "young naive" northern European boys who are "tempted" by those "flashy" females of "various ethnicities"?

Old 12-23-2010, 09:30 AM

2,079 posts, read 4,952,981 times
IMHO, opposition to interracial dating/marrying between blacks and whites stems from the shameful history of slavery, Jim-Crow, oppression and racial superior/inferiority in America. Some black men cringe at the the sight of a black women with a white man because it brings back stereotypical images of the sexually deprived slave master raping, degrading and dehumanizing the black women for his own selfish sexual pleasure. On the other hand, some white men despise seeing a black man with a white women because it conjures up images of that racially, socially and intellectually inferior big black slave with that pure, petite, white Southern Belle.

Perhaps this is the root of the problem and partially explains why some white people do not have a problem with white men or women dating/marrying Asians, South Americans, etc. And why some black people do not have much of problem with black men or women dating any racial group other than white.

Last edited by dorado0359; 12-23-2010 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: ...

Old 12-23-2010, 09:42 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,204,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post

Non-traditional mates? Flashy males of various ethnicities? Lol. Why not part with the carefulspeak just say what you really mean?

Old 12-23-2010, 10:11 AM

2,196 posts, read 1,995,350 times
Default How About That Old Racial Purity Stuff !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
It seems like Americans, particularly white Americans, strongly oppose IRR. I understand that its 1929 moving to 1930, so that explains a lot.

Why do people oppose race mixing?
West of Encino !!! ... Great Topic !

It's all ok ... We must keep in mind that if some White Folks strongly oppose IRR, it's perfectly okay ! ... and because it's their "Right" it should be respected just like the"Right" of the White folks who do not oppose IRR ?

There are more half breeds running around America today than you can shake a stick at ! Also there are a heap of folks who perfer to remain within their own black & white race for relationships and such.

These are preferences of the people and of course Americans have become realitively accustomed to both mindsets.

It appears that history has taught us to a great degree that "Racial Purity" is a completely acceptable and desirable ideaology amongst so many people globally.

Perhaps the concept of "Racial Purity" may well be once again returning to it's once high position among the peoples of the earth !!!

It will be an interesting study to observe how this facinating subject develops ... don't you think ?

AHHHHHHH the future ! ... One never knows !

Y'ALL Think About It ! / Thanks Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 12-23-2010, 12:17 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,135,035 times
Those damn Catholic girls.

It was the skirts. Still turn me on, I admit it.

My dad would often ask me why didn't I know any Protestant girls.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:58 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
West of Encino !!! ... Great Topic !

It's all ok ... We must keep in mind that if some White Folks strongly oppose IRR, it's perfectly okay ! ... and because it's their "Right" it should be respected just like the"Right" of the White folks who do not oppose IRR ?

There are more half breeds running around America today than you can shake a stick at ! Also there are a heap of folks who perfer to remain within their own black & white race for relationships and such.

These are preferences of the people and of course Americans have become realitively accustomed to both mindsets.

It appears that history has taught us to a great degree that "Racial Purity" is a completely acceptable and desirable ideaology amongst so many people globally.

Perhaps the concept of "Racial Purity" may well be once again returning to it's once high position among the peoples of the earth !!!

It will be an interesting study to observe how this facinating subject develops ... don't you think ?

AHHHHHHH the future ! ... One never knows !

Y'ALL Think About It ! / Thanks Old Sgt. Lamar
Half breeds? Championing "Racial Purity"??

Since I don't want to get a TOS I will just respond with

Old 12-23-2010, 01:19 PM

486 posts, read 984,398 times
I think it depends on what racial background they have. Maybe that's why they have so many specific denominations for hispanics
I would go as far as to say that although both of my parents look very white (my dad even has green eyes and blond hair and I was blond until the age of 8). My greatgrandfather was mulatto . Doesn't that make me a multi-racial hispanic regardless of my looks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
What if they are 100% Hispanic? Are they still "multi-racial"? I am half white and half Cuban and I check "white" sometimes and "of Hispanic descent" at other times. In many cases, the boxes will go so far as to say "white, non-Hispanic" instead of just "white" so my answer to that specific question would then be "Hispanic."

Anyway, I don't have any problem with interracial couples. Whatever floats their boat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies