Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2011, 03:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,003 times

Advertisements

Dear Critical Thinker,
I stumbled upon your post...and it is so nice to read posts of people who are NOT opposed to biracial relationships. I am engaged to a wonderful, strong and independent black man who has treated me way better than I think I deserve. I am white, and have gotten hell from my father for the last five years due to our relationship. He kicked me out of his household and refuses to talk to me...but talks to everyone else about how dissapointed he is in me and how I'm not really his daughter and a disgrace. He is not the only one...I'm tired of being judged for who I love. I can't help who I love. When I started dating my fiance, I did not even know such beliefs existed in the world still. Does everyone realize that we were taught from our birth (I'm 24) to look beyond an individual's skin? I didn't know any better until I was left out on the streets with my clothes stuffed in garbage bags...but happy ending I am happy. And about to be the luckiest girl in the world soon...

Old 01-14-2011, 03:37 PM

37 posts, read 57,736 times
Living in the most incarcerated country in the world, prison rules do carry over the gates for some social classes in America

Old 01-14-2011, 06:26 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Over this crap already. Please i know so many couples that are bi-racial, no one person i know or myself have a problem with this. Do not believe this is that big of a deal anymore except for so many C.D. Posters, whom seem to bring this up constantly, gosh this gets old fast!

Old 01-14-2011, 06:39 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,989,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Over this crap already. Please i know so many couples that are bi-racial, no one person i know or myself have a problem with this. Do not believe this is that big of a deal anymore except for so many C.D. Posters, whom seem to bring this up constantly, gosh this gets old fast!
Actually, as of the last time Gallup polled the issue -- August 2007 -- 17% of the public opposed interracial marriage. A low number, on one hand. Way too high, on the other hand.
Most Americans Approve of Interracial Marriages

Old 01-14-2011, 06:47 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,588,192 times
It's sad to me that people have a problem with interracial relationships...I'm very grateful that my family and my BF's family aren't biased in that way. Love is love, if it's real it is rooted deeply, and it isn't based on surface things like skin color!

Old 01-15-2011, 12:42 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,354,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
At the risk of sounding like a racist, which I am not. I believe that mixing the races is not a good idea.

In nature, it almost never occurs. Tigers mate with tigers, Polar Bears mate with Polar Bears. It is the natural order of things. Even birds do not cross-breed with other types of birds. You may say that dogs will cross breed, but in actual fact, dogs are all the same. They simply look different because they have been differentiated by selective breeding for certain characteristics. In a natural environment, there would be only wolves and they would not breed with coyotes or foxes.

Many people might disagree that humans are all the same not separate "breeds", but I disagree with this statement. Each "race" has their own characteristics that have evolved over millions and millions of years to adapt to their unique environment. While we are not as dependent on environmental factors as we once were, I agree with the statement that when you mix races you weaken both of them because there are factors involved that we may not have any knowledge or understanding of.

There is nothing wrong with the desire to keep a race pure. Be it white or black or any other color. I believe that we owe it to our racial heritage to not mix races (or cultures either for that matter).

It's just my opinion, anyway.

20yrsinBranson
no offense, 20, but i have heard the very same argument from some extremely intelligent nazi skinheads i used to know. i was never a nazi but i was a huge fan of reggae (still am) and early reggae was the original skinhead music. in atlanta we had a huge number of skinheads and there were all types. the rude boy, mod type were the most prevalent, but i met lots of nazis. i can get along with anyone

what you are talking about is interspecies breeding, not interracial breeding. there is only one race, the human race. there are many subtypes of humanity, but they all poop, they all bleed, and they all put their pants on the same way. and we are designed to breed with other humans. if what you say were true, we would not be able to have children together. a chihuahua can't breed with a bird.

and it is a very well known scientific fact, despite all the studies done by hitler's so called scientists, that the gene pool improves when it is mixed with other races (other types of humans). have you heard of the study done in hawaii, where they found that people who were made up of several races had stronger immune systems? wanna see what happens when people don't go out of their gene pool? go to appalachia. i can say that, cause that's where i am from. and i knew alot of people who were, to put it mildly, a few swings short of a full playground. look at royalty over the years. european royalty was well known for marrying each other's cousins. it makes for a very unhealthy and unhardy people. you gotta mix that stuff up.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:05 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,312,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
At the risk of sounding like a racist, which I am not. I believe that mixing the races is not a good idea.

In nature, it almost never occurs. Tigers mate with tigers, Polar Bears mate with Polar Bears. It is the natural order of things. Even birds do not cross-breed with other types of birds.

There is nothing wrong with the desire to keep a race pure. Be it white or black or any other color. I believe that we owe it to our racial heritage to not mix races (or cultures either for that matter).

It's just my opinion, anyway.

20yrsinBranson
I'm glad that you state this is opinion because it is woefully short on fact.

Tigers and Polar Bears are not different races of mammals. They are different species. A tiger mating with a polar bear is akin to a human mating with a polar bear. A tiger mating with a polar bear is not equivalent to an 'Asian' mating with 'African'.

Quote:
You may say that dogs will cross breed, but in actual fact, dogs are all the same. They simply look different because they have been differentiated by selective breeding for certain characteristics. In a natural environment, there would be only wolves and they would not breed with coyotes or foxes.

Many people might disagree that humans are all the same not separate "breeds", but I disagree with this statement. Each "race" has their own characteristics that have evolved over millions and millions of years to adapt to their unique environment. While we are not as dependent on environmental factors as we once were
You are completely opposite here.

Human 'races' are very similar to breeds of dogs. You say that dogs look different because they have been selectively bred for certain characteristics. Well, human 'races' look different because of selective breeding as well. For example, Northern Europeans are light-complected because it is an adaptation to survive in that climate. Africans are dark-complected for the same reason.

Quote:
I agree with the statement that when you mix races you weaken both of them because there are factors involved that we may not have any knowledge or understanding of.
Incorrect.

Asexual production is inferior to sexual production because it does not produce genetically diverse offspring. Similarly, breeding between the 'races' produces more genetically diverse offspring than breeding within a 'race'

Old 01-15-2011, 02:38 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,160,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sisi View Post
Dear Critical Thinker,
I stumbled upon your post...and it is so nice to read posts of people who are NOT opposed to biracial relationships. I am engaged to a wonderful, strong and independent black man who has treated me way better than I think I deserve. I am white, and have gotten hell from my father for the last five years due to our relationship. He kicked me out of his household and refuses to talk to me...but talks to everyone else about how dissapointed he is in me and how I'm not really his daughter and a disgrace. He is not the only one...I'm tired of being judged for who I love. I can't help who I love. When I started dating my fiance, I did not even know such beliefs existed in the world still. Does everyone realize that we were taught from our birth (I'm 24) to look beyond an individual's skin? I didn't know any better until I was left out on the streets with my clothes stuffed in garbage bags...but happy ending I am happy. And about to be the luckiest girl in the world soon...
Interesting, will you allow your father to see your six kids ?

Had a bloke tell his daughter who is married to one of my mob how disgusting he found it that she shared a bed with a bloke who was not white, and she is the only child.

Three kids later he is whining that he has the absolute right to see his grandchildren, the lasses husband is happy about it but she will not forgive the insult to her husband.
Silly sod sent her a lawyer's letter demanding access whereby my lawyer acting for her spelt out the facts to him, that in my country Grandparents have no rights at all.

Old 01-15-2011, 02:44 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,285,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
It seems like white Americans, strongly oppose IRR.
Why do people oppose race mixing?
Maybe some don't like sex four times a day?

It's not particullary a white thing, there are plenty of Latinos, Blacks, Asians and so forth who shoot daggers at people who are dating or who have married across the race lines, maybe even producing some twirls!

Old 01-15-2011, 02:49 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,160,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sisi View Post
Dear Critical Thinker,
Wait on, your father kicked you out at Nineteen because you were dating a bloke who was not white.
And some people believe he did the right thing, words fail me.
One way for your father to avoid paying for the wedding I suppose.
Unlike you lass I have a nasty streak when people give young women a hard time over who they date.
May I wish both of you the very best of luck for your wedding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies