Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2010, 10:08 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,346,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten_Moon View Post
First of all, don't talk for us Africans OK. Why would we want to go back? Most DO WANT TO GO BACK. They have no plans to stay here forever! Make money and send a lot of it back home. My father will be retiring in 10 years, and has already built two mansions in Nigeria. He and my mom will be leaving just like most Nigerian immigrants. America is where you come to get educated, make money, then leave.

Also, I'm a black woman with a white man. If it hurts you so much, close your eyes. Yeah, we have the lowest divorce rate because we are more selective. Black men would go with any trashy white chick. Black women have no interest in poor, uneducated white men.

We are growing. From just 90,000 white men black women marriages in 1999 to more than 200,000 by the end of this year.

I question White men Asian women, White women Asian men, and White women black men marriages...those always fail.

don't leave out the fact the "Nigerian schemes for theft" are real problems in america. i don't know if the people who do this learn about morality in their country, prior to coming to the u.s. to educate themselves, make their money, and build their homes in one of the poorest regions of the world. WORD!

Old 04-01-2010, 10:14 PM

42 posts, read 76,432 times
I'm white... I've got Native American, black, Mexican, Puerto Rican, and Asian relatives, so I can't complain :P

I'm sort of carrying on the tradition, none of my boyfriends have been white! I do not care about ethnicity, it doesn't mean anything other than the shade of your skin, the hue of your eyes, and sometimes the texture of your hair.

It doesn't have to change who you are on the inside.

I'm against people against IRR

Old 04-03-2010, 12:23 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,643,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten_Moon View Post
First of all, don't talk for us Africans OK. Why would we want to go back? Most DO WANT TO GO BACK. They have no plans to stay here forever! Make money and send a lot of it back home. My father will be retiring in 10 years, and has already built two mansions in Nigeria. He and my mom will be leaving just like most Nigerian immigrants. America is where you come to get educated, make money, then leave.

Also, I'm a black woman with a white man. If it hurts you so much, close your eyes. Yeah, we have the lowest divorce rate because we are more selective. Black men would go with any trashy white chick. Black women have no interest in poor, uneducated white men.

We are growing. From just 90,000 white men black women marriages in 1999 to more than 200,000 by the end of this year.

I question White men Asian women, White women Asian men, and White women black men marriages...those always fail.

the hypocrisy..........

Old 04-03-2010, 12:00 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,346,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear View Post
I'm white... I've got Native American, black, Mexican, Puerto Rican, and Asian relatives, so I can't complain :P

I'm sort of carrying on the tradition, none of my boyfriends have been white! I do not care about ethnicity, it doesn't mean anything other than the shade of your skin, the hue of your eyes, and sometimes the texture of your hair.

It doesn't have to change who you are on the inside.

I'm against people against IRR
interesting how people arrive at total conclusions on a given subject. i got, from your statements, that you were completely against interracial dating, "...carrying on the tradition, none of my boyfriends have been white..."

Old 07-01-2010, 11:45 AM

20 posts, read 18,674 times
To begin with, I admit to be racist to some extent, but I don't think I am a minority in respect to the issue.

It seems to me that the issue of racism is really about power and personal security feelings: frightened people tend to be more racist, whereas confident people tend to be more liberal.

It is a fact to me that being white or being close to white people in the world today (still) is something that will make a person closer to being safe and closer to power. Most of the world is racist in one or another way. North American racism is quite particular. In most parts of the world, white women are worshipped more than colored women, and whiter people are closer to power than more colored people. In the US, there is more black pride, but still black men tend to like white women more than white men like black women (and black women become racist because they know there won't be many white men wanting to mate them).

I don't know exactly why it is the way it is. Might be history, geography, or even biology. But the fact is that white worshipping racism is worldwide spread and it might be risky for some people to ignore it or try to fight against it. At least it isn't costless.

A person that has been raised in a racist environment may have internalized racism and then it will be more difficult to revert the process.

It seems to me that racism is a more natural process than non-racism, since racism is so widespread in the world. In this way, for those who want to fight racism, it would be important to educate children since their early years.

Capitalism and some religions make racism worse since they make peolpe more frightened. Fear is one of the roots of racism. On the other hand, I'm not sure that non-religious people are less racist than religious ones, because the so called atheists may also have fearful beliefs or superstitions . So to reinforce a non-racist society we would have to expose children only to the some parts of their religions and not others. Like we would have to reinforce the "God loves you" part to make children feel safer and ban the "you're going to hell" part to make them less frightened.

At the same time it isn't as simple as that because, in order to socialize people, you need to make them give up some liberties in the behalf of the collectivity, what sometimes requires coercion.

For most racist people, race is a reference, something they turn into to feel safer. So maybe in order to make them leave their racial beliefs behind they would have to be given other strong references. And not any reference, but references that have social and political impact.

Last edited by nowhereman_post; 07-01-2010 at 12:43 PM..

Old 07-01-2010, 12:33 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,032,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
It seems like Americans, particularly white Americans, strongly oppose IRR. I understand that its 1929 moving to 1930, so that explains a lot.

Why do people oppose race mixing?
It seems to me that black women have the biggest problem with interracial dating, especially when the white guy is me. I've tried the "descreet approach"... "Hey, if you're not busy later, why don't we go out and get a drink somewhere? I know a place that has a Martini Hour."

No good. Rejection.

I try the "humor approach"... "Hey, I'm going out to dinner on Friday to this restaurant that has booths that seat six. And it just so happens that I'll be sitting in a booth with five open places. Would you care to occupy one of the open spaces?"

Rejection.

And I've tried the "athletic approach"... "Hey, I like to keep in good physical shape. In fact later I'll be going for a working-out at Suzi's Billiards Club on Friday evening, shoot a little pool. Care to get a little exercise?"

Rejection.

So yeah, as a white guy I can assure you that it's the black women with the problem with interracial dating.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:52 PM

73,003 posts, read 62,578,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
It seems to me that black women have the biggest problem with interracial dating, especially when the white guy is me. I've tried the "descreet approach"... "Hey, if you're not busy later, why don't we go out and get a drink somewhere? I know a place that has a Martini Hour."

No good. Rejection.

I try the "humor approach"... "Hey, I'm going out to dinner on Friday to this restaurant that has booths that seat six. And it just so happens that I'll be sitting in a booth with five open places. Would you care to occupy one of the open spaces?"

Rejection.

And I've tried the "athletic approach"... "Hey, I like to keep in good physical shape. In fact later I'll be going for a working-out at Suzi's Billiards Club on Friday evening, shoot a little pool. Care to get a little exercise?"

Rejection.

So yeah, as a white guy I can assure you that it's the black women with the problem with interracial dating.
It isn't just Black women. It have met women of different ethnicities who have problems with interracial dating. Two women, who are both white, pretty much said "interracial marriages are wrong". I have met some Hispanic women who have admitted they would not date Black men.

One thing I have noticed over the years is that in some cases, it hasn't always been about interracial couples in general so much as "which" ethnicity. Statistically, Asians are the most likely date or marry interracialy. One pattern I have noticed is that African-Americans are the least likely to date or marry interracially. The pattern I have noticed is that I have seen when Asian women do date outside of their ethnicity, it is most likely with White men. I see the same thing with Hispanic women and Hispanic men as well. It seems like it is a controversy if it's an African-American involved. I am not saying African-Americans dating outside of their ethnicity doesn't happen, because it happens. I have seen it. What I notice is that interracial dating that involves an African-American partner, particularly a male, tends to ge treated with more scrutiny than any other ethnicity. In fact, when Oklahoma was becoming a state, interracial marriages between Blacks and Whites were banned. Interracial marriages between Blacks and Native Americans were also banned, but they weren't banned between Whites and Native Americans. Blacks were all but kept out. Historically, to be considered "White" in the USA, you could have a little bit of Native American. You could not have one drop of African blood, hence the "one drop rule".

Old 11-27-2010, 03:34 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,107 times
I think white men secretly hate seeing their women date other races. I was watching a video on YouTube posted by a white supremacist who praised white women who marry black men and then divorce them for their money. He think more white women should only marry rich black men and steal their money, and bring it back to the white community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
It isn't just Black women. It have met women of different ethnicities who have problems with interracial dating. Two women, who are both white, pretty much said "interracial marriages are wrong". I have met some Hispanic women who have admitted they would not date Black men.

One thing I have noticed over the years is that in some cases, it hasn't always been about interracial couples in general so much as "which" ethnicity. Statistically, Asians are the most likely date or marry interracialy. One pattern I have noticed is that African-Americans are the least likely to date or marry interracially. The pattern I have noticed is that I have seen when Asian women do date outside of their ethnicity, it is most likely with White men. I see the same thing with Hispanic women and Hispanic men as well. It seems like it is a controversy if it's an African-American involved. I am not saying African-Americans dating outside of their ethnicity doesn't happen, because it happens. I have seen it. What I notice is that interracial dating that involves an African-American partner, particularly a male, tends to ge treated with more scrutiny than any other ethnicity. In fact, when Oklahoma was becoming a state, interracial marriages between Blacks and Whites were banned. Interracial marriages between Blacks and Native Americans were also banned, but they weren't banned between Whites and Native Americans. Blacks were all but kept out. Historically, to be considered "White" in the USA, you could have a little bit of Native American. You could not have one drop of African blood, hence the "one drop rule".

Old 11-27-2010, 03:56 PM

243 posts, read 274,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I think white men secretly hate seeing their women date other races. I was watching a video on YouTube posted by a white supremacist who praised white women who marry black men and then divorce them for their money. He think more white women should only marry rich black men and steal their money, and bring it back to the white community.
I just don't think other races are entitled to them like they're a prize they've won. I was around a few women that "dated" interacially when I was younger before I had the opinions I do now. It was like they were in a race to see who could act the trashiest. Not only that but acting rude to other white people who weren't rude to them, not one comment made to them. Also it is complete hypocracy for people of other races to be against it for their own children but shout racist at every white person against it.

Old 11-27-2010, 03:57 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,372,909 times
My only issue with interracial relationships is when one person gives up their culture (for lack of a better word at the moment) and completely take on the other person's.

My sister-in-law and my brother have raised their kids in her lifestyle only and whenever they come to visit us, they act like we're circus people. When they were younger one of them actually cried when someone called his dad a black man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies