Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2010, 08:59 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,334,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I notice that as well. If it is a Black person involved, the usual response is disapproval. Sad and yet, no shock value.
Updated version of previous post:

whiteman + whitewoman
whiteman + anyone else
blackman + blackwoman
Blackman + anyone else
Blackman + whitewoman

Is there a pattern here?

Old 01-20-2010, 09:02 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,336,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Well, alleged racist Lou Dobbs married a Mexican, so strange stuff does happen.
That's because he's a racist - he prefers Mexican women.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:41 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,286,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
That's because he's a racist - he prefers Mexican women.
Dobbs is not a racist

Old 01-20-2010, 09:42 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,648,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post

whiteman + whitewoman
whiteman + anyone else
blackman + blackwoman
Blackman + anyone else
Blackman + whitewoman

Is there a pattern here?
What about...

Whiteman + blackwoman
Whiteman + asianwomanhttp://img199.imageshack.us/img199/4844/spanko.gif (broken link)
Asianman + asianwomanhttp://img402.imageshack.us/img402/7599/asian.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-20-2010, 11:18 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,221,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post

whiteman + whitewoman
whiteman + anyone else
blackman + blackwoman
Blackman + anyone else
Blackman + whitewoman

Is there a pattern here?
I don't really agree with white men and anyone else but maybe some Asians. Like the Yamato japanese, the Koreans, and the Han Chinese.

I find white males with dark women extremely weird to even see on the streets.

Japanese women

Moderator cut: image removed

Korean women

http://www.koreawomen.info/images/women_r1_c1.jpg (broken link)

Chinese women

I find white men with a dark woman to be just weird and out of place.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...Pascale_19.jpg (broken link)

I find Lou Dobbs and his wife to be a weird couple also. Though she isn't as dark as most hispanics.

I even find this family to be kind of creepy, even though I watch this show with my nieces sometimes. And she isn't even very dark either.

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 08:19 AM..

Old 01-21-2010, 01:47 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,213,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
It seems like Americans, particularly white Americans, strongly oppose IRR. I understand that its 1929 moving to 1930, so that explains a lot.

Why do people oppose race mixing?

in the early 90's I was going out with a african american female, and I got called plenty of durogatory names by alot of african americans quite a bit, but rarely if ever was anything said by any whites. I was living in a southern state at that time too.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:32 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,585,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I don't really agree with white men and anyone else but maybe some Asians. Like the Yamato japanese, the Koreans, and the Han Chinese.

I find white males with dark women extremely weird to even see on the streets.

Japanese women

Korean women

Chinese women

I find white men with a dark woman to be just weird and out of place.

I find Lou Dobbs and his wife to be a weird couple also. Though she isn't as dark as most hispanics.

I even find this family to be kind of creepy, even though I watch this show with my nieces sometimes. And she isn't even very dark either.
But what if they really love each other?

Old 01-21-2010, 09:24 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,221,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely95 View Post
But what if they really love each other?
I used to believe in some magical thing called love. But how many times in your life did you believe you were in love, to find out you really weren't. I can count many many times myself.

Love is not rare. Love is extremely common, spend enough time with almost anyone, and you'll feel like you love them. I've been with people I didn't really like, they weren't even my type, but I felt that I loved them and I didn't want to let them go. Or maybe I didn't want to be alone?

Most marriages end in divorce, and many of the ones that don't end up in divorce are more a mutual business arrangement after a while rather than anything resembling "love".

Do you honestly believe if two people were not legally allowed to be together, that they would never find anyone else? There are plenty of people who have had multiple marriages, or they date but they refuse to get married again because they believe it is just a hassle.

Honestly, it all boils down to peoples ideas of freedom. People believe they should be able to do anything, anywhere. People believe they should be able to marry anyone, have sex with anyone or anything, smoke anything, drink anything, move anywhere in the entire world, and do absolutely anything they want. And the whole world should just be OK with it.

I think freedom is a great ideal, but in the real world, it gets taken way too far, and damages society as a whole.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:28 PM

22,198 posts, read 19,490,239 times
Quote:
I used to believe in some magical thing called love. But how many times in your life did you believe you were in love, to find out you really weren't. I can count many many times myself.

Love is not rare. Love is extremely common, spend enough time with almost anyone, and you'll feel like you love them. I've been with people I didn't really like, they weren't even my type, but I felt that I loved them and I didn't want to let them go. Or maybe I didn't want to be alone?

Most marriages end in divorce, and many of the ones that don't end up in divorce are more a mutual business arrangement after a while rather than anything resembling "love".

Do you honestly believe if two people were not legally allowed to be together, that they would never find anyone else? There are plenty of people who have had multiple marriages, or they date but they refuse to get married again because they believe it is just a hassle.

Honestly, it all boils down to peoples ideas of freedom. People believe they should be able to do anything, anywhere. People believe they should be able to marry anyone, have sex with anyone or anything, smoke anything, drink anything, move anywhere in the entire world, and do absolutely anything they want. And the whole world should just be OK with it.

I think freedom is a great ideal, but in the real world, it gets taken way too far, and damages society as a whole.
So you think freedom is a bad thing when it conflicts with your deep seated hatred??

Old 01-21-2010, 09:36 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,678,186 times
Quote:

Actually, it's racists like yourself who damage society as a whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies