Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2011, 06:18 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I find freedom to be a problem with it causes problems. There is a reason there is a war on drugs, because drugs cause problems. But so does alcohol, pre-marital sex, abortions, interracial relationships, and a billion other things.

Interracial marriages stir up trouble in a community, and cause huge identity issues for the children. Am I black? Am I white? Which heritage should I embrace? In America most mixed blacks consider themselves black, because society sees them as black. In other countries, they see them as white and they are often outsiders.

I just see what most people consider "freedom", to be irresponsibility and lack of foresight. It is this "I want this, so should I be able to have it", entitlement mentality that has permeated the American psyche.
How many interracial couples have you talked to? How about their kids that have identity problems?

Old 01-15-2011, 06:22 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,285,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
How many interracial couples have you talked to? How about their kids that have identity problems?
What they said was caca. I do think if they had that kind of problem they should get out of the particular neighborhood they are in for a more enlightened community of more normal people.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:02 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
What they said was caca. I do think if they had that kind of problem they should get out of the particular neighborhood they are in for a more enlightened community of more normal people.
I agree.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:47 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
West of Encino !!! ... Great Topic !

It's all ok ... We must keep in mind that if some White Folks strongly oppose IRR, it's perfectly okay ! ... and because it's their "Right" it should be respected just like the"Right" of the White folks who do not oppose IRR ?

There are more half breeds running around America today than you can shake a stick at ! Also there are a heap of folks who perfer to remain within their own black & white race for relationships and such.

These are preferences of the people and of course Americans have become realitively accustomed to both mindsets.

It appears that history has taught us to a great degree that "Racial Purity" is a completely acceptable and desirable ideaology amongst so many people globally.

Perhaps the concept of "Racial Purity" may well be once again returning to it's once high position among the peoples of the earth !!!

It will be an interesting study to observe how this facinating subject develops ... don't you think ?

AHHHHHHH the future ! ... One never knows !

Y'ALL Think About It ! / Thanks Old Sgt. Lamar

Sgt. Lamar, I hate to tell you this, but nobody is "racially pure." I'm not, the President of the United States is not, and you are not. So shake a stick at that.

Thanks, Lucario

American Mutt

Old 01-15-2011, 10:51 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:

Irony of ironies - he is the child of such an interracial couple, and he is one of those kids with identity problems up the wazoo. Haven't you read any of his anguished, self-hating, pseudoscientific screeds on here?

Old 01-15-2011, 11:13 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,312,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
West of Encino !!! ... Great Topic !

It's all ok ... We must keep in mind that if some White Folks strongly oppose IRR, it's perfectly okay ! ... and because it's their "Right" it should be respected just like the"Right" of the White folks who do not oppose IRR ?

There are more half breeds running around America today than you can shake a stick at ! Also there are a heap of folks who perfer to remain within their own black & white race for relationships and such.

These are preferences of the people and of course Americans have become realitively accustomed to both mindsets.

It appears that history has taught us to a great degree that "Racial Purity" is a completely acceptable and desirable ideaology amongst so many people globally.

Perhaps the concept of "Racial Purity" may well be once again returning to it's once high position among the peoples of the earth !!!

It will be an interesting study to observe how this facinating subject develops ... don't you think ?

AHHHHHHH the future ! ... One never knows !

Y'ALL Think About It ! / Thanks Old Sgt. Lamar
What'd be interesting would be to see your reaction to having your DNA studied and finding out that you came from Africa, the Middle East, and likely Asia.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:17 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,285,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
What'd be interesting would be to see your reaction to having your DNA studied and finding out that you came from Africa, the Middle East, and likely Asia.
There is a little bit of our neighbor's DNA in each of us.

Old 01-16-2011, 01:35 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
Quote:
Look, I knew quite a few people that were of mixed-race when I was growing up. I had a half black friend when I was in junior-high, who became obsessed with race, and trying to "act black". I'm part native-American, not a whole lot. Of course something like 30% of Americans are "part indian", and I live in Oklahoma where it seems like almost everyone is part indian.

Regardless of the relative acceptance level, it makes it really difficult to sort of identify with one group or another. What is your history? What is your family's history? And this sort of racial identification is more than just white or black or native-American. There is even a level of ethnic identification also. I lived in Florida for a while, and you don't want to call a Cuban a Mexican, they get quite offended. The same rule applies for many other groups also.

I actually made my uncle mad one time, because I referred to our original family name as being "French", so I made the statement that we are "French". He said no, our family name came from Normandy, which was settled by vikings, so we are vikings(he hates the French). And our family moved from Normandy to England after William the Conquerer took England in 1066. Then we went to Ireland because we were catholics when England went protestant. And then we came to America during the potato famine in the mid 1800's. That is just the part of my family tree where my Grandfather came from. On my grandmothers side, they were German immigrants, and I have no idea when they came over. My like great-great grandfather married a cherokee woman, but I don't know much history other than that. Both sides of my family came to Oklahoma in the land run, and lived in northeastern Oklahoma(my mother was born in Afton, Oklahoma). You wouldn't really take me for being part Indian from looking at me. A friend of mine that lived in New York much of his life, said I would most likely look more Greek or Turkish.

Regardless, I have found that most people tend to like to cling to the part of their family lineage that they find the most appealing, or is the most reflective of the person they see themselves as being. And that image can have a profound effect on their views on life and their personality. And people that look obviously mixed, can have a distorted view of themselves, especially since others may not see them in the same way as they see themselves.

School counselors' perceptions of biracial children: a pilot study | Professional School Counseling | Find Articles at BNET

Interracial Marriages and Biracial Children | Education.com

There has been growing issues of where these mixed-race persons fit into our racially-charged society. Especially in some of the most economically deprived areas of the country, which tend to point their fingers at "white Americans" for many of the problems in their communities.

http://www.intermix.org.uk/news/news_210905_01.asp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
There is a little bit of our neighbor's DNA in each of us.
There is a little bit of our neighbor's DNA in all of us, true. But by saying that, is an attempt to downplay our differences. And our differences are quite vast.

Lets look at intelligence, height, weight, personality, temper, patience, social capacity, talents and abilities, etc. Do you really think we are all born some equal shell and we develop our abilities based on our environment? Do you really think those mentally challenged kids are that way because their parents didn't teach them anything? While height and weight have no absolute importance, a persons personality will largely be formed from how people treat them and interact with them. If they are tall, thin, and good looking, their personality will probably be far different than if they were fat, short, and ugly.

Your genes either have a direct effect on your mental development(such as in the case of IQ scores, autism/social issues, talents, etc). And while environment does play a role too, your genes are such a huge part of who you are. It is why two people can be raised in the same environment and be so much different. Or why two twins raised apart, tend to still be very similar.

I don't presume for a moment that any group of people are superior or inferior to the other. But I do acknowledge that there are huge differences in average expression of genetic traits from one group to another. And there are many genetic traits that are completely non-existent in one group, and extremely common in another.

To pretend that no differences exist between us is to blind yourself to the world. To pretend that randomly mixing people together won't change our world in more than just the color of our skin, is plain ignorant. The studies that have been done so far, place mixed-race children as generally being an average of their parents in their genetic traits. Such as hormone levels, development rates, intelligence scores, physical abilities, and obviously height and appearance.

The question is, how important is being able to run quickly or jump long distances, or the ability to swim more easily and longer distances, and how important is flexibility, and how important is relative intelligence. Do our differences make us better people? Do our differences make us happier? If so, then by destroying our differences, we are dooming ourselves. If our differences hurt us, then destroying those differences should be priority #1.

I would say on a social level, most people are looking forward to the day that racism dies out. Most people want an egalitarian society. But most people realize that racism cannot truly die until race dies, until ethnicity dies, until religion dies, until language dies. The only way man could see each other as equal, is if we truly are equal. Because humans are tribal, they look for reasons to be divided, and there really isn't much that can be done to change that.

The problem is that, between the time this whole process begins until it is finally realized. Our world will be worse off than it would be if we had just stayed apart. As racism is the wedge that divides us socially and politically. As certain groups are better at certain things(such as sports), and others are better at others. The inequality that comes out of the system will continue to paralyze our society, and create violence and discontent across it. There is no doubt in my mind why small-homogenous nations tend to be the happiest countries, and the more diverse nations tend to have the most instability and discontent.

ParaPundit: Affluent Homogeneous Small Countries Happiest

I am just fearful that the world of the future will simply be worse than the world of today. I feel like interracial marriages are simply part of a larger problem, stemmed by the loss or changing of America's values. Which I believe America's values of the past are what made this nation great in the first place. I don't believe you could have taken the values and beliefs of say, Saudi Arabians or Indonesians, and implanted them into the beginning of this country, and for it to have turned out anywhere near what it is today. I believe the loss of identity will necessarily destroy much of our history and traditions. I believe that this loss of history and identity will cause most future Americans to become basically ignorant shells, who are easily controlled by the influential few, corruption will be widespread as government is taking a larger and larger role in our lives. Especially considering the influx and growth of populations that have traditionally not excelled in the fields of science and technology(and who have consistently scored poorly on all standardized testing that attempts to measure the capacity to learn and apply concepts and logic).

But really, I just feel like we would be much happier if we were separated into small countries, that could better represent our individual values and culture. The concept of diversity has been an absolute failure.

http://www.lrainc.com/swtaboo/taboos/jt_diver.html

Last edited by Redshadowz; 01-16-2011 at 01:52 AM..

Old 01-16-2011, 05:38 AM

37 posts, read 57,736 times
Id also like to say that for many cultures its a stigma to marry outside your own

i.e. Japanese and Jewish

heritage is heritage

Old 01-16-2011, 06:46 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,303,823 times
I suspect most people against interracial anything have a subconscious need to inbreed, personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies