Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2010, 05:50 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
Personally, I found relatoionships with Asian women very rewarding.
I personally have found that relationships with bright, intelligent giving and caring people to be very rewarding, but that's just me.

Old 11-27-2010, 05:56 PM

565 posts, read 485,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I personally have found that relationships with bright, intelligent giving and caring people to be very rewarding, but that's just me.
Sorry, it isn't just you.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:30 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrjam View Post
Sorry, it isn't just you.
Actually, I'm glad to here that.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:43 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,016,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
You snipped the rest of my comment, but That's exactly what I was saying in the rest of my comment that I wonder how many here actually care about a meaningful relationship with another person rather than making a stand based on race.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:31 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
You snipped the rest of my comment, but That's exactly what I was saying in the rest of my comment that I wonder how many here actually care about a meaningful relationship with another person rather than making a stand based on race.
Although i'm married to a white person, i find black women to be more physically attractive than i find any other race of female. However, it goes deeper than that for me. I have to find a woman somewhat physically attractive to be in a relationship, but i realize that i need more than that. My wife and i have been together for a long time, and i can truly say that it's been a very "meaningful" relationship that has NOTHING to do with race.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:09 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
You are kidding me, right? I live in the "liberal/tolerant" SF Bay Area and I am black man, married to a white woman. The comments I receive, on a weekly basis, almost daily when we go out, are appalling. We are stared at, mocked, and made fun of, just about everywhere we go. In fact, it is so common place now, I barely even pay attention to it anymore. My wife has woken up to "****** Lover" spraypainted on her car.

People who say this is the 21st Century and it doesn't go on anymore, are fooling themselves. Its EVERYWHERE and hasn't gotten any better, with the exception, its more underground. Its not as overt as it once was, however, all the racial hatred, which has been around, is still around. It has not gotten better and will not get better. Its a simple fact of human nature.
Jeeze man that's horrible. You are harming no one yet have to put up with that crap.

It should be no one's concern who someone picks for mate. Yet as we know in the US of A, it seems to be all the rage to single out those who choose differently (race, sexuality).

Old 11-28-2010, 07:54 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i believe phil306 is a troll, i can tell by the angle he's taking with this.

ill say this, as a mixed guy(black/white) dating a white girl, i haven't noticed any hostility or resentment from neighbors. I haven't noticed anyone staring, and I've never heard any comments from anybody.

people have angles to push here, so many will simply make things up to advance a belief, even if its just made up.

i am in white country, my city is over 90 percent white. i would feel it if it were here, and its just not here.

this is the midwest, minnesota.

i just had to respond because I could tell that Phil guy is baiting and is not being realistic, along with half the other posts here.

I will say this though, nationally the main people against IR are white men and black women.

1. Black women feel they black guys don't think they are good enough, which is why many date outside of the race. That is a stupid insecurity complex, but valid.

2. White men. One word, jealousy. I can't believe that ****** can get a white girl and I can't.

you also have to realize this is a minority of people who are against black-white marriages. 1958, 4 percent approved of ir between black and white, 50 years later 77 percent approve.

people assume because of 1 incident, theres a ton of people who suddenly disapprove or dislike. for every 1 person against IR who says something or does something stupid, there are 9 others who would condemn it.

and ill just say this, ive never met that 1 person whos said something or that i thought was hinting at something.
I'll tell you what. How about you meet my wife, face to face, and tell her I am troll. I will gurantee you, she will slap you silly. Just because you havent' had the great experience of the racist population of this country, doesn't mean it doesn't occur.

I also guess, the fact her grandparents refused to speak with her, since age 14, I am making up too. Oh, and the others here who present their own stores; they made them up too.

This is a pretty simple fact of people not wanting to belive racism still occurs. It occurs. Everyday and its sometimes subtle; often times it is not. Its alot easier not to believe your "fellow man" is what you think and not what you do not think.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:25 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,216 times
Most inter-racial relationships suffer from the culture-based treatment of women as possessions and are objectified by their male counterparts. Want proof? Just check out domestic abuse statistics and then get back to us.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:25 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,921,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
I'll tell you what. How about you meet my wife, face to face, and tell her I am troll. I will gurantee you, she will slap you silly. Just because you havent' had the great experience of the racist population of this country, doesn't mean it doesn't occur.

I also guess, the fact her grandparents refused to speak with her, since age 14, I am making up too. Oh, and the others here who present their own stores; they made them up too.

This is a pretty simple fact of people not wanting to belive racism still occurs. It occurs. Everyday and its sometimes subtle; often times it is not. Its alot easier not to believe your "fellow man" is what you think and not what you do not think.
the reason why you see it all the time is because you look for it. if you look for something hard enough, you'll end up seeing it everywhere. you have your mind made up that this is a racist society, so you will always assume everything has a racist tint to it.

thats what i meant when I said you are coming at this with an angle.

i just don't believe it, from the angle you are taking and from what i've read about san fran.

you've got your angle, you are playing it, and will stick with it, regardless if its fake, which I think it is.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:49 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,543,305 times
I am people and I don't care who marries whom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies