Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 06:22 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
That's why you don't send them to public school. That's why you monitor their whereabouts 24/7. That's why you keep their schedule busy with worthwhile pursuits.

I can guarantee you that in the 1950's, even before abortion and contraception became available, fewer girls were getting pregnant. That's because fewer of them were having sex. Why is it that people in the 1950's could practice abstinence more successfully than people in 2009?

The answer: because they were expected to.
1. Private schools, not an option for most people. Not counting the fact that the highest pregnancy rate is STILL found among Catholic school girls. Private schools don't mean squat as far as avoiding kids having kids goes, and as statistics show, even more harmful than public schools. At least in public schools the chances of a kid getting the proper education they need rises.

2. As I said, sit on them constantly, you will loose them. I'm a successful parent of three and a grandparent. How much experience do you have?

3. Again, not a viable option, and my point number two comes into play.

People had sex in the 1950's as well. Abortions occured in back alleys and bathrooms, many times deadly to the mother. Else the girl went to "camp" for nine months and Momma, or Auntie in another county, suddenly had a new baby after an "easy pregnancy", and didn't "show".

In the 1950's, all of this was kept "hush hush" out of a sad and misplaced sence of so-called "morality".

Now it is out in the open where this concern can be easily addressed through education.

Perhaps off topic, but abusive husbands and fathers were rampant in the 1950's as well, another concern that has been "outed" so proper education, and support groups for abused children and wives, can be created.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 06:40 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Coathangers would become deadly weapons.
Not unless the government writes laws to make coathangers illegal, and owning one will be a felony offense.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:04 PM

433 posts, read 261,215 times
Quote:
Well you got ripped off then, because I just researched all of this in the past month for a friend who will need to deliver in Denver and has to be self-pay. I was helping her to figure out costs. I spoke to her OB's billing office as well as the hospital's billing office and my quotes are absolutely accurate and recent.

well first off notice I said I did not use a hospital I had my child at home. Secondly as i said before this is off topic and even if we give you 6000 that is 12 times more than the high estimate for abortion and that is just the beginning.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:12 PM

433 posts, read 261,215 times
Quote:
That's why you don't send them to public school. That's why you monitor their whereabouts 24/7. That's why you keep their schedule busy with worthwhile pursuits.

I can guarantee you that in the 1950's, even before abortion and contraception became available, fewer girls were getting pregnant. That's because fewer of them were having sex. Why is it that people in the 1950's could practice abstinence more successfully than people in 2009?

The answer: because they were expected to.

You are unbelievably unrealistic and delusional. First of you think kids in private or christian school don't have sex haha. You think you can monitor them 24/7 haha plus way to let your child develop independence and decision making ability. Yes give them no free time great plan. You sound like the parents that end up with kids in counseling when they are in there 20's because they had such controlled childhood they are clueless about the real world. Like it or not kids do need freedom to make mistakes....thats how we learn and become stronger. maybe you wish this was 1950 but it is not.

Ps the abortion rates are the lowest they have been since it was legalized.

A Guttmacher study in 2006 found that roughly "14% of the decline in teen pregnancy between 1995 and 2002 was due to teens' delaying sex or having sex less often, while 86% was due to an increase in sexually experienced teens' contraceptive use."
abortion rates fall world wide as use of contraceptives increase
http://www.guttmacher.org/media/nr/2.../13/index.html

Old 12-17-2009, 11:16 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer222 View Post
You are unbelievably unrealistic and delusional. First of you think kids in private or christian school don't have sex haha. You think you can monitor them 24/7 haha plus way to let your child develop independence and decision making ability. Yes give them no free time great plan. You sound like the parents that end up with kids in counseling when they are in there 20's because they had such controlled childhood they are clueless about the real world. Like it or not kids do need freedom to make mistakes....thats how we learn and become stronger. maybe you wish this was 1950 but it is not.

Ps the abortion rates are the lowest they have been since it was legalized.

A Guttmacher study in 2006 found that roughly "14% of the decline in teen pregnancy between 1995 and 2002 was due to teens' delaying sex or having sex less often, while 86% was due to an increase in sexually experienced teens' contraceptive use."[LEFT]
Read more: Why Have Abortion Rates Fallen? - TIME
[/LEFT]

abortion rates fall world wide as use of contraceptives increase
Abortion and Unintended Pregnancy Decline Worldwide as Contraceptive Use Increases
Never could understand that "Abstinence Only" attitude.

Remove the one single greatest tool for lowering abortions and unwanted children.

Sometimes people just baffle me.

Then I remember abortion is a political tool, and those who preach abstinence only, don't dispense, or agree with, condoms, pills, and other contraceptives don't really give a rat's pooter about the unborn.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:28 AM

199 posts, read 216,746 times
15 Year Old has had sex OVER 300 Times!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRdJ49ItMnc

If this was your daughter, what are you going to do? Lock her up? Snip her tubes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Then I remember abortion is a political tool, and those who preach abstinence only, don't dispense, or agree with, condoms, pills, and other contraceptives don't really give a rat's pooter about the unborn.
Anti-abortion and pro-abstinence is a method of control for the Church over woman. Anti-abortion and anti-contraception creates a large birth rate, it allows the proliferation of Christians by indoctrinating the followers that abortion is "killing" babies and premarital sex is a sin. Developed nations are enlightened enough to know such policies are barbaric and ancient, but some insist on putting these policies in place as law today.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:31 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clue View Post
Anti-abortion and pro-abstinence is a method of control for the Church over woman.
Women should only have sex when they are submitting to their husbands. God wants it that way.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:52 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer222 View Post
you are not pro-life if you support war....Period
Apples and Oranges
Pro Life is an abortion issue the term Pro life is assigned to the abortion issue
War is a national defense issue. therefore i would not be anti war. if you are not anti war you can be labeled pro war.

I believing in defending the country as well as the unborn.

nice try

Old 12-17-2009, 12:55 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
1. Private schools, not an option for most people. Not counting the fact that the highest pregnancy rate is STILL found among Catholic school girls. Private schools don't mean squat as far as avoiding kids having kids goes, and as statistics show, even more harmful than public schools. At least in public schools the chances of a kid getting the proper education they need rises.

2. As I said, sit on them constantly, you will loose them. I'm a successful parent of three and a grandparent. How much experience do you have?

3. Again, not a viable option, and my point number two comes into play.

People had sex in the 1950's as well. Abortions occured in back alleys and bathrooms, many times deadly to the mother. Else the girl went to "camp" for nine months and Momma, or Auntie in another county, suddenly had a new baby after an "easy pregnancy", and didn't "show".

In the 1950's, all of this was kept "hush hush" out of a sad and misplaced sence of so-called "morality".

Now it is out in the open where this concern can be easily addressed through education.

Perhaps off topic, but abusive husbands and fathers were rampant in the 1950's as well, another concern that has been "outed" so proper education, and support groups for abused children and wives, can be created.
what source do you have that catholic school girls have a higher pregnancy rate?

Old 12-17-2009, 12:56 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Apples and Oranges
Pro Life is an abortion issue the term Pro life is assigned to the abortion issue
"assigned"???? Bull****. The anti-abortion crowd worked hard to change their name to "pro-life". It Is nothing more than manipulating the language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies