Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 02:01 PM

450 posts, read 502,973 times

Advertisements

I read this story earlier.
I completely agree with Bill Oreilly on this one.
Slanted biasness is one thing (that is expected from both sides), but to base a show on a killer murdering illegal immigrants kids. Then directly implying his motives are flamed by right-wing media.
Cmon guys Oreilly had every right to be outraged!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 02:06 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
Slanted biasness is one thing (that is expected from both sides), but to base a show on a killer murdering illegal immigrants kids. Then directly implying his motives are flamed by right-wing media.

This is not the first nor will it be the last time L&O take a story out of the headlines and spin it. If you recall in season 1 of the original L&O, there was a spin on the Tawana Brawley/Al Sharpton fiasco. There were spins on Governor Spitzers case, spin on Michael Jackson case that is what all three versions of L&O is about. This is the first time i've EVER heard of "bias" claims after 20 years. Still LMAO

Old 12-11-2009, 02:11 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
LMAO...where has he been for the last 20 years. L&O have been doing this since the inception of the show. Honestly I thought they were partraying Limbaugh...who knew. Nancy Grace apparently didn't mind when she was portrayed two years ago.
He learned from Pukin' Palin that if you think your popularity/attention is flagging get all upset about something that you can demand an apology for....doesn't matter how stupid, just whine and mewl....your repug followers love whining and mewling and you get your name in the news.....and , most important of all, you make more money.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:13 PM

450 posts, read 502,973 times
Quote:
This is not the first nor will it be the last time L&O take a story out of the headlines and spin it. If you recall in season 1 of the original L&O, there was a spin on the Tawana Brawley/Al Sharpton fiasco. There were spins on Governor Spitzers case, spin on Michael Jackson case that is what all three versions of L&O is about. This is the first time i've EVER heard of "bias" claims after 20 years. Still LMAO
Wow I honestly never watch the show. Besides the obvious liberal biasness, is it a good cop drama?

Old 12-11-2009, 02:21 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
Wow I honestly never watch the show. Besides the obvious liberal biasness, is it a good cop drama?

Maybe you should watch...Not only is the show NOT POLITICAL BIAS show at all, but their ALL very good shows hence the reason they've been on for so long. The show pulls stories from the headlines and put their own spin on them. You can find repeats on NBC, TNT, USA just to name a few channels. Its biased in your mind because O'reilly felt they were picking on him.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:24 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,687,105 times
I pointed out this episode to my wife. I noted that all of the "extreme" people the talked about in the case were right wing. I found that a bit odd.

Even funnier, last night on Bones, the Fox show, they had a similar episode where somebody was broadcasting pretty anti-American anarchist BS.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:

Thank you for being objective over partisan.

Law and Order lost major points in my book.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
They mentioned these people all by proper name. Much different than using ficticious characters loosely based on current topics.

I am sure you are intelligent enough to see the difference.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:29 PM

737 posts, read 1,177,128 times
I remember seeing a list online a year ago of all the people, tv programs, universities who O'Reilly called "Far-Left" and a competing list of the people and organizations he called "Far-Right". The far-Left list is too long to remember, but the far-Right list was the KKK, Neo-Nazi organizations, and the John Birch Society.

I wish I could find it, oh well

Old 12-11-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPerson09 View Post
I remember seeing a list online a year ago of all the people, tv programs, universities who O'Reilly called "Far-Left" and a competing list of the people and organizations he called "Far-Right". The far-Left list is too long to remember, but the far-Right list was the KKK, Neo-Nazi organizations, and the John Birch Society.

I wish I could find it, oh well
What does that have to do with anything related to this situation?

A fictional show used real people to write a story which lambasts their points of view, even so much as to say that it is turning people into child killers.

That is much different than a political commentator commenting on current events.

You can tell the difference between fiction and non-fiction right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies