Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 12:08 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,972,572 times

Advertisements

That angry fool lashes out at everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 05:38 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,554,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
That angry fool lashes out at everyone!

Did you just ignore the clip? Did you not just see that Bill never said such things and that Wolf is indeed a lier??

Old 12-12-2009, 05:58 AM

54 posts, read 62,782 times
I have watched Law and Order on occasion i used to like the original and SVU. But SVU has really gone down hill the last couple of seasons. People watch TV for entertainment i don't really think we need a liberal or right wing agenda being drilled into our heads when trying to relax.

Then again i bet some liberals loved it punched their fists into the sky and shouted "YEAH BRO YOU TELL THAT CRAZY RIGHT WING NUT JOB WHO ARE WE MUCH SMARTER THEN AND MORE ENLIGHTENED WHAT FOR HEHEHE ALSO TEABGGERS LOL"

Old 12-12-2009, 06:43 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,688,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
Free Speech has limits for good reason. You can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater.

Writing about pedophilia and then reading it on air is not only in bad taste, in my view it borders on criminal.

Or would you like your young children to learn how to perform cunnilingus while they're in the car with you? Or somewhere that it's playing in the background?

Try to apply a modicum of common sense here.
Ill make you a deal. Ill start applying some "common sense" when you start applying a little bit of truth. You just out and out lie for your cause. Typical anti-fox liberal, willing to lie in order to make a point.

You said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
What's he gonna do? Read to them from his "how to" pedophilia book?
Bill O'reilly's book "those who trespass" had no pedophilia in it. There were some descriptive sex scenes, none of which involved children. You just out and out lie to attack Fox. You care little for the truth.

His book was reviewed by many noteable websites and individuals and got decent marks.

Your inability to dig for the truth and only paying attention to what you percieve as facts that support your cause makes you biased and partisan.

Try to be objective, and then maybe my commonsense will look ok to you. You are the one with the issue sir.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Did you just ignore the clip? Did you not just see that Bill never said such things and that Wolf is indeed a lier??
These people don't care about facts. Its obvious after just spending a few minutes on this forum.

Facts have no relevance to pushing progressive political ideological non-sense.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:00 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,841,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Boy, the wingnuts are lashing out today! What happened? Did Reagan die again?
What is that supposed to mean?

Nita

Old 12-12-2009, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What is that supposed to mean?

Nita
I don't think he even knows that Reagan is already dead.

HAHA.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:16 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,297,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
This is not the first nor will it be the last time L&O take a story out of the headlines and spin it. If you recall in season 1 of the original L&O, there was a spin on the Tawana Brawley/Al Sharpton fiasco. There were spins on Governor Spitzers case, spin on Michael Jackson case that is what all three versions of L&O is about. This is the first time i've EVER heard of "bias" claims after 20 years. Still LMAO
Things like this are nothing new in network television. Writers use what's happening in real society to base episodes around. The difference is that names are changed and story lines are altered slightly so that no real life people are harmed. As you called it "a spin".
On this show they actually named real people and the character speaking in the clip held these real people responsible for some fictitious story about a serial killer. He blamed these fictitious killings on real life people.

They stepped over the line.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:19 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,450,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
I don't think he even knows that Reagan is already dead.

HAHA.

The GOP desperately wants to ressurrect him. He was the last popular Republican president.

I voted for him both times.

I doubt that I'll vote for any GOP candidates in the forseeable future, though.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:19 AM

615 posts, read 1,694,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
The purpose is clear, to attack conservative political commentators.
I didn't get that, I got that the show was showing how nutty and insane the extemes of both sides can be. I think it made the left wing look as nutty and extreme as it did the right wing. Those of you that are so focused on how bad that one clip made the right wing out to be, did you actually watch the whole show? Probably not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies