Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 04:53 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times

Advertisements

The Republicans are lock stepped in their opposition of virtually everything Obama. Is this really the representation we need from them, or some of you want? I think the American people are losing big time! We need Conservative influence in any bill that gets passed, we're not getting it.

The GOP's New Health-Care Hoax - Page 1 - The Daily Beast
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 05:07 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
The GOP hasn't had anything to do with Conservative values in quite some time.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:12 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,585,553 times
Default What conservative values?

The GOP is representing pissed-off uninformed teabaggers these days. They've lost their compass. They now seem to value ignorance and deceit above all else.

And I say this as a former GOP voter who will likely never vote for another Republican for any office again.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
The GOP is representing pissed-off uninformed teabaggers these days. They've lost their compass. They now seem to value ignorance and deceit above all else.

And I say this as a former GOP voter who will likely never vote for another Republican for any office again.
and statements like I would never vote for a Republican again or probably wouldn't is about as bad as the so called pissed-off uninformed teabaggers you refer to...I would doubt you voted for many Republicans or you wouldn't make sure a statement.

Nita

Old 12-13-2009, 06:47 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The Republicans are lock stepped in their opposition of virtually everything Obama. Is this really the representation we need from them, or some of you want? I think the American people are losing big time! We need Conservative influence in any bill that gets passed, we're not getting it.

The GOP's New Health-Care Hoax - Page 1 - The Daily Beast
Oh my, look at where you are getting this story and you think it is objective? As for the Reoublicans not supporting Obama, not all Republicans are not supporting him or the congress: what about ones like Snow for starters and what about the Democrats that are not supporting things like health care or are on the fense? This works both ways and always has...We may not like it, but it is the way politics works as a rule. If you are referring to the health care bill, you certainly realize the majority of Americans do not support it, why should the Republicans?

Nita

Old 12-13-2009, 06:51 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
I used to be a republican voter, voted for Reagan and against Clinton both times. But when Bush ran, thats when I stopped voting republican. I now either don't vote or vote for independants.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and statements like I would never vote for a Republican again or probably wouldn't is about as bad as the so called pissed-off uninformed teabaggers you refer to...I would doubt you voted for many Republicans or you wouldn't make sure a statement.

Nita
Well nita, my voting record isn't a matter of your opinion. I've even made donations to the RNC in the past. The Republican Party that I thought represented me has become small-minded, mean-spirited, and overrun by willfully ignorant religious freaks.

They show no signs of recovering, so I have no intention of voting for them. Maybe that'll change over the next couple of decades. Or maybe the GOP will dissolve. It's unlikely that they'll survive the long term in their current extremist form.

The more one makes an effort to be informed on issues, the more ridiculous the GOP positions become.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:04 AM

206 posts, read 571,882 times
Both sides are acting like little children! They don't like each other so they harm the greater good by squabbiling till their blue in the face and refuse to at least come to a compromise. IMO we need a new system of legeslation or atleast a third party representation in the congress. I agree with trlhiker in the fact that I refuse to vote for either idiot constituent if I can help it.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:06 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,318,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Well nita, my voting record isn't a matter of your opinion. I've even made donations to the RNC in the past. The Republican Party that I thought represented me has become small-minded, mean-spirited, and overrun by willfully ignorant religious freaks.

They show no signs of recovering, so I have no intention of voting for them. Maybe that'll change over the next couple of decades. Or maybe the GOP will dissolve. It's unlikely that they'll survive the long term in their current extremist form.

The more one makes an effort to be informed on issues, the more ridiculous the GOP positions become.
And why would a progressive such as yourself who jumps around various threads attacking conservative values, ever have joined the GOP to begin with?

You left the GOP because it wasn't liberal enough for you

Pure Bovine Scatology

Old 12-13-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
And why would a progressive such as yourself who jumps around various threads attacking conservative values, ever have joined the GOP to begin with?

You left the GOP because it wasn't liberal enough for you

Pure Bovine Scatology

I've become anti-GOP in the sense that I oppose willful ignorance.

And that's what the GOP is selling these days.

Help yourself to seconds, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies