Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 04:00 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times

Advertisements

I probably would not have much time to do anything as I would be assassinated by some crazy right winger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 04:06 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I would also toss joejitsu in guantanamo.
+1 for you.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:08 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
End the occupations in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Institute massive campaign finance reform to eliminate corporatism. It's time for publicly funded campaigns.

Universal health care. With the money saved here, I'd expand SS coverage.

Cut defense funding in half. Invest the savings in renewable energy and nuclear, public transportation.

Eliminate unhealthy agriculture subsidies.

Tear down the moronic fence on the Mexican border.

Insitute massive investigations into the lawlessness of the Bush Adminsitration

Then, on the second day...
The "occupation" in Iraq? The one that's been a success?

Publicly funded campaigns, as in MY tax dollars? Or private citizens? And would the "corporations" that are eliminated include unions and special interest groups?

Universal healthcare - a moot point, since there won't be any money saved. Who are you kidding?

Ah, yes. Kill jobs going green, while leaving our country defenseless.

Agree on the subsidies, but I'm guessing for different reasons.

Tear down the fence that keeps criminals out of our country? Why just tear down the fence? Why not just abolish all immigration requirements. Come one, come all....

And lastly, you really need to see a doctor about that Bush Derangement Syndrome.

Thank goodness this is all just hypothetical.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Forgot some important ones:

Gay marriages for everyone!

Massive re-regulation of Wall Street

Eliminate Bush tax cuts

Rebuild New Orleans (isn't it time we did that?)

Quadruple NASA's budget.

Put a few liberals on the Supreme Court. It's time we had a few.

Tax churches.
Yeah - ignore the wishes of the majority of Americans!

There ARE regulations of Wall Street. How about enforcing them, instead of turning a blind eye to political friends?

Tax cuts - you REALLY don't like businesses, do you?

How 'bout New Orleans help themselves. Many places have had disasters, but none sit around expecting handouts years later. Quit expecting the government to wipe your rear.

Men in space instead of food on the table and jobs. Brilliant.

I can't even comment on this....

Tax churches AND non-profits that get involved in politics against the tax laws. OK, I'm for that.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:13 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
The "occupation" in Iraq? The one that's been a success?

Publicly funded campaigns, as in MY tax dollars? Or private citizens? And would the "corporations" that are eliminated include unions and special interest groups?

Universal healthcare - a moot point, since there won't be any money saved. Who are you kidding?

Ah, yes. Kill jobs going green, while leaving our country defenseless.

Agree on the subsidies, but I'm guessing for different reasons.

Tear down the fence that keeps criminals out of our country? Why just tear down the fence? Why not just abolish all immigration requirements. Come one, come all....

And lastly, you really need to see a doctor about that Bush Derangement Syndrome.

Thank goodness this is all just hypothetical.
Let's all be glad that he will never be running the country!

Old 12-17-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I would have my agents gather a harem of huge breasted and otherwise hourglass women who would all live with me at the white house.My press secretary would fill the media cameras to the point you wouldn't remember the questions asked, my heads of state would have all the leaders falling over themselves
Now, Bill, you've HAD your turn in the White House.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:26 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,708,690 times
Send the Hollywood left who claimed they would move out of the USA if Bush won in 2000....to any country of their choice.

Old 12-17-2009, 05:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
I would implement sky high tariffs on all imported products

The same day I would implement, Mandatory Jail time of 10 years no parole, for anyone the hires an illegal alien, along with seizing all their personal and corporate assets. I would place $25 each finders fee for any illegal aliens tipped off to.

I would make it so no foreign owned businesses could set up shop in the USA, without exorbitant taxes levied.

No non-citizen can own property in the USA.

Any and all outsourcing from the USA to employees or business not USA, will be taxed at exorbitant levels.

All people working and employed as subcontractors, would need a DBA and a taxpayer ID, not just a social security number.

I'll think of more.......

Old 12-17-2009, 05:41 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
Pay certain people to NOT reproduce.

Old 12-17-2009, 05:48 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
-Institute a single-payer health care system that cannot be repealed for 100 years. Changes can be made but we can never have for profit health insurance companies
-Slap a huge tax on the top 10% wage earners
- A quarter percent tax on all stock transactions
- Institute a program that would pay for the college education of all future doctors
-Separate the government from marriage
-HEAVILY tax churches
-Try to break up Big Agra. It can bring more jobs for the people because people can work on small local farms
-Make the minimum wage $10.00
-Slap a huge fine on imports and create incentives to grow our manufacturing base
-Pass the Employee Free Choice Act
-I would put more physically separated bike lanes in communities
-I would put a $1.00 per gallon tax on gasoline in order to fund a national mass transit system
-$.50 per ounce tax on sodas to help fund the single-payer health care system
-End corporate personhood

Hmmm.....I'm sure there's more but that's all for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies