Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 09:14 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,307,027 times

Advertisements

Subject: Christmas contract

Non-Christian greeting

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the summer solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.
I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make Australia great (not to imply that Australia is necessarily greater than any other country), and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, or sexual preference of the wishee.
By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher.
This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Did we forget anything to take away the Christian sound of Christmas? Don't want to be non-PC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 09:20 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,343,979 times
Very cheerful, thank you.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:35 PM

For those who wonder about that post from me, I got it in an e-mail from an Aussie friend who found it somewhere. I am not able to do things like that by myself. He didn't say where he got it all from.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:38 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,479,251 times
You're so angry. Maybe you should pray about it Roy.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:01 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,388,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
For those who wonder about that post from me, I got it in an e-mail from an Aussie friend who found it somewhere. I am not able to do things like that by myself. He didn't say where he got it all from.
Try searching google with the first line...

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the summer

You'll get a ton of hits.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:03 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,582,975 times
These people who post their kinds of threads are adding the fuel to **** off people who are not Christian.

Hence, this whole "War on Christmas" starting.

Roy, why do you care so much if people do not celebrate a fake holiday? Honestly? You do not know Jesus Christ was indeed born on December 25th. Is there something wrong with people who do not celebrate? I got news for you.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
These people who post their kinds of threads are adding the fuel to **** off people who are not Christian.

Hence, this whole "War on Christmas" starting.

Roy, why do you care so much if people do not celebrate a fake holiday? Honestly? You do not know Jesus Christ was indeed born on December 25th. Is there something wrong with people who do not celebrate? I got news for you.
I am very sorry but I posted that thing as the perfect example of where we have come in our PC world. One has to take everything like those things into account or he is wrong. I thought it quite humorous and didn't think that it would hurt any feelings. I refuse to apologize to you, however, because you are trying too hard to make me feel bad about it.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
Try searching google with the first line...

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the summer

You'll get a ton of hits.
A ton of hits that I don't at all care about. If anyone wants to know about all this let them do the search. I told where I got this thing and since it does such a good job of explaining where PC has put us I wanted to share it with others.

Doesn't about cover everything that PC demands?

Old 12-19-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
You're so angry. Maybe you should pray about it Roy.
Is there something that was forgotten there that needs to be included to make it totally PC.

I thought it was a very humorous thing but then I didn't want anybody to see it as an attack on them or what they believe.

Angry. I think it is you that is angry especially when you talk about me praying about my anger.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:18 PM

153 posts, read 104,123 times
i dont believe in PC. i think you should be watching out for all sorts of ppl (dont want to list the ppl because i dont want to be called a racist) and the holiday thing i already bitched about it and im over it so yea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies