Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 10:12 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,792,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
No, they'd just be bought and sold by Pelosi and Reid, as they are now.
Your partisanship is really sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 12:23 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Your partisanship is really sad.
You're assuming it's partisanship. What's happening to our country is the responsibility of both parties, and is far sadder.

Well, Love, it's called realism and is based on past experience. Those who don't learn from history are destined to repeat it, as they say.

So true. People wanted hope and change, and voted for it, thinking this politician really was different.

Until the politicians, for whom sweet deals, at our expense, made behind closed doors are an acceptable way of life, show us that they've turned over a new leaf, we shouldn't expect anything different. Hopefully, people will learn and vote with their brains engaged and eyes wide open next time around - that goes for all political offices, not just the Presidential office.

What's happening to our country is sad.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
You're assuming it's partisanship. What's happening to our country is the responsibility of both parties, and is far sadder.

Well, Love, it's called realism and is based on past experience. Those who don't learn from history are destined to repeat it, as they say.

So true. People wanted hope and change, and voted for it, thinking this politician really was different.

Until the politicians, for whom sweet deals, at our expense, made behind closed doors are an acceptable way of life, show us that they've turned over a new leaf, we shouldn't expect anything different. Hopefully, people will learn and vote with their brains engaged and eyes wide open next time around - that goes for all political offices, not just the Presidential office.

What's happening to our country is sad.
To say that politicians are bought and sold by Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi is a sad display of partisanship.

I don't deny both parties are corrupt but to sit there and assert politicians are bought and sold by Reid and Pelosi shows how much right-wing radio has rotted the brains of some of our citizens.

Our politicians are bought and sold by corporations and special interests groups. It just sounds stupid to say Pelosi and Reid are the ones responsible for the corruption.

I voted with my brains last year when I voted for the first time as an 18 year old and I'll continue to vote with my brain and my eyes wide open.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:28 PM

To whoever repped me for the above post, are you somehow saying "leaders" in the Republican party aren't corrupt either and don't play the same game?

It's totally disingenuous to suggest that only the Democratic Party is corrupt.

Hence why such partisanship in which people spout off:
Quote:
I still stand by my stance that we need campaign finance reform in this country.
We also need to end corporate personhood.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:30 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Some people let idealism get in the way and cloud their vision.

Reid and Pelosi are in very powerful positions, and you'd be surprised at what goes on behind the scenes in both parties -- just a little friendly arm twisting, for example, like political pressure to withdraw party support (and money) in the upcoming elections will get some people into line quickly enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies