Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 05:14 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Why bring Race into this. I don't care for him now, I wouldn't care for him if he were Purple Green, the color does not matter to me. It is the MAN and his policies, how he conducts himself, how he handles under pressure, and if he is truthful in what he tells us. I never cared for him, still don't like him, and his color i can care less about. Make it about the issues, and what he is doing to make things drastically better for the American People, which i have not seen any proof of thus far.
What issues? Make it specific. Make a list. What issues, specifically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtwobaldguy View Post
If Obama were white he wouldn't have gotten into Law School in the first place. He wouldn't have had things handed to him on a silver platter. He never would've been the democratic candidate, in fact, we wouldn't even know who the heck he is. Race determined his rise to power more so than anything he did himself. The liberals were looking for someone black to promote at every step of his way, and he was the first person they could find that wouldn't totally screw things up for himself.
Who told you that crap?

Old 12-30-2009, 05:16 PM
SWV

445 posts, read 1,337,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
If obama was a full white man he NEVER would have been elected! Infact he would not have even made it very far in the campaign.

Is that your opinion? Or are you speaking for everybody on this forum?

Old 12-30-2009, 05:17 PM
SWV

445 posts, read 1,337,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Who told you that crap?
Someone crazier than himself/herself.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:18 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Then maybe we could move past all the racial mudslinging. Why is it that whenever someone disagrees with Obama, they are instantly labeled a racist? I'm so sick of being accused of being racist simply because I vehemently disagree with this man's (and his administration's) controversial policies. I am not and never have been racist, yet I'm not allowed to disagree with the POTUS for fear of being slapped with a label.
Why do you let it bother you? The Left has played the race card so many times it is ineffective and meaningless now.

Let them froth and sputter all they like.

That's is truly their only answer to the valid criticisms of obama's radical policies. They can't debate the facts or issues - all they can do is play the race and hate card.

They have abused the privilege and all it does is make people laugh at them.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I believe it was someone who is tired of reading all the posts by people accusing those who disagree with Obama and his policies as being "racist". Your point is what exactly?
If that "someone" is so tired of posts about racists, then WHY WOULD THAT SOMEONE START A WHOLE NEW THREAD ABOUT THE SUBJECT?

You know, it seems to me that it's just common sense that if you disagree with specific Obama policies it would be MUCH EASIER to just start a thread about any one of those specific issues rather than start a thread about how tired you are of reading posts "by people accusing those who disagree with Obama AND HIS POLICIES as being racist"........

What does that mean anyway, "disagree with Obama AND his policies"?
I thought you all only disagree with his policies and had no problems with the man individually.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Why do you let it bother you? The Left has played the race card so many times it is ineffective and meaningless now.

Let them froth and sputter all they like.

That's is truly their only answer to the valid criticisms of obama's radical policies. They can't debate the facts or issues - all they can do is play the race and hate card.

They have abused the privilege and all it does is make people laugh at them.
Sanrene, you can say "the left has played the race car so many times it is ineffective and meaningless now" over and over and over for a million times and that still will not make your declaration true. Sorry.

Please tell that to Mr. Cheney too.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Obama is 1/2 white and was raised by his white mother and white grandparents. Why then does he only seem to acknowledge his "blackness"; the side of his family that abandoned him? Is it all about "appearance" or is it perhaps reverse racism on his part?
O.M.G. Desperation creates very silly and ignorant posts! Maybe some people would do better to stick to the information/reasoning sent to them in email each day.

Do you think everyone posting here is an idiot???

Old 12-30-2009, 05:28 PM

328 posts, read 306,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Sanrene, you can say "the left has played the race car so many times it is ineffective and meaningless now" over and over and over for a million times and that still will not make your declaration true. Sorry.

Please tell that to Mr. Cheney too.
No need to respond to him and those like him. They are from stormfront, if you go to stormfront, (which I have) they openly brag about having people here "telling the truth". They just use "left" as code word. This forum is filled with white supremacists.

Hence the constant bashing of racism and talk of "race card" a typical defense of a racist who tries to down play racism while finding way's to talk about how bad Europeans have had it as a comparison. They will always bring up something about European slavery or Italians & Irish having it as bad as Blacks in America. Also note comments about Obama using Affirmative action to get where he is. To them no Black person is intelligent enough to go to an Ivy league school.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGrad2009 View Post
See, I hate when people bring up the fact that he acknowledges him as black.

For hundreds of years, even if you had an ounce of black in you, you were black. Now SUDDENLY, we have a black president and he's biracial. Even a year ago, those who were mixed with black, were black. Racism disgusts me.

That said, yes, I wish people would stop dismissing any nonblack conservative critic of Obama as racist, because a lot of them couldn't give a damn.
Prove it by posting only about SPECIFIC issues/policies with which you disagree with Obama..........and simply explain your position for debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies