Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 01:40 PM

757 posts, read 802,949 times

Advertisements

The only real "choice" a gay person makes regarding their sexuality, is whether to face the truth or live a lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You seem so sure of yourself, can I see proof please, of a link, that verifies what you are saying. Are you saying gay people do not have a CHOICE. You are implying that it is irrational to think that a gay person has a CHOICE in the issue. Not all gay people, have alienated there familes, some not all. Seems you may be throwing in your ideas of how it is to be Gay. I just want to see proff, that Gay People do not have a choice in this matter. Why not ask a gay Person if they have a choice or not. I have heard from my gay friends, the 2 sides, some say choice, while otheres feel that there soul, was born this way. I feel that some were born this way, while others, do indeed make it a choice. Doesn't matter either way, society makes to much of an issue on this subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 01:42 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
This'll be interesting: I'm gay because I killed my gay lover in a former life. He would have ruined my career, my status in life, and destroyed my family. I couldn't give all that up, so I did the worst thing I could have.

It's biological, it's environmental, and it's karmic. Whatever you hate, you will eventually become.

Love everyone else because they are really yourselves.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:49 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
When scientists use the word "environment", they are talking about a range of external factors (ie non-genetic) which include the neo-natal environment of the womb. I think many people see the word "environment" and think it means only how a child was raised.

For those people interested in the Science of Sexual Orientation, here are some great links which include data from many of the latest studies:

"There is now a solid body of scientific, peer-reviewed evidence, stretching back almost 20 years, that sexual orientation is not a choice."
http://online.logcabin.org/assets/pdf/3-23-08-follow-up-choice-white-paper-revised-final.pdf

An excellent site on the causes of homosexuality, history of homosexuality, demographics, and some of the main studies:
Science Hub at Isocrat.org (http://isocrat.org/science/#caus - broken link)

Or if those sites have too much info for you, try just the basics:

The basics of Sexual Orientation from WebMD:
Sexual Orientation

Information on sexual orientation and homosexuality from the American Psychological Association:
Answers to Your Questions For a Better Understanding of Sexual Orientation & Homosexuality

Old 01-02-2010, 06:12 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
When scientists use the word "environment", they are talking about a range of external factors (ie non-genetic) which include the neo-natal environment of the womb. I think many people see the word "environment" and think it means only how a child was raised.

For those people interested in the Science of Sexual Orientation, here are some great links which include data from many of the latest studies:

"There is now a solid body of scientific, peer-reviewed evidence, stretching back almost 20 years, that sexual orientation is not a choice."
http://online.logcabin.org/assets/pdf/3-23-08-follow-up-choice-white-paper-revised-final.pdf

An excellent site on the causes of homosexuality, history of homosexuality, demographics, and some of the main studies:
Science Hub at Isocrat.org (http://isocrat.org/science/#caus - broken link)

Or if those sites have too much info for you, try just the basics:

The basics of Sexual Orientation from WebMD:
Sexual Orientation

Information on sexual orientation and homosexuality from the American Psychological Association:
Answers to Your Questions For a Better Understanding of Sexual Orientation & Homosexuality

So few people understand that concept. Thanks.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:21 PM

1,179 posts, read 975,501 times
I heard a gay scientist just isolated the Christian gene...

Old 01-02-2010, 06:25 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
I heard a gay scientist just isolated the Christian gene...
Yes, I've seen the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCzbNkyXO50

Old 01-02-2010, 06:49 PM

24 posts, read 14,992 times
Ha ^^

Old 01-02-2010, 06:53 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Why are people obsessed by this? Who cares? Maybe the next thread started could be; left handed trait, nurture or nature?

Old 01-02-2010, 07:27 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,897,517 times
Here's what I don't understand.
Even if gay people choose to be gay..what difference does it make? Why discriminate? Why not.. ya know.. mind your own business? If someone else does something that I find weird or wrong or repulsive..I don't do it.

I don't like seafood. At all. So, I don't eat it.
I don't like cigarettes. So.....I don't smoke.

It's just mind boggling how people can be. Deep down inside, I think people who really strongly oppose anything with homosexuality..are just unhappy people. :-\

Old 01-02-2010, 07:29 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You seem so sure of yourself, can I see proof please, of a link, that verifies what you are saying. Are you saying gay people do not have a CHOICE. You are implying that it is irrational to think that a gay person has a CHOICE in the issue. Not all gay people, have alienated there familes, some not all. Seems you may be throwing in your ideas of how it is to be Gay. I just want to see proff, that Gay People do not have a choice in this matter. Why not ask a gay Person if they have a choice or not. I have heard from my gay friends, the 2 sides, some say choice, while otheres feel that there soul, was born this way. I feel that some were born this way, while others, do indeed make it a choice. Doesn't matter either way, society makes to much of an issue on this subject.
I think sometimes with women there is this trendy kind of switch hitting going on and it is more acceptable (mostly because men are turned on by and like to see two women getting it on). In that case, I think a lot of it is by choice which is why I focused my attention on males.

Science has shown that there is a certain point in gestation when a fetus releases sex hormones that wash across the brain. If it is a boy then it will get a dose of testosterone and with a girl estrogen. This process locks in sexual identity for life. If something goes wrong with this process there is a high probability that the fetus will grow up to be homosexual.

If you want a link try the OP's included video selections. You obviously didn't bother with them. Or better yet, do what I do when I really want an answer to a question and research it yourself. There's a world of information at your fingertips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies