Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 07:45 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times

Advertisements

Great article by Glenn Greenwald in Salon how the right just loves the melodrama that comes with terrorist attacks.

Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

"As always, Al Qaeda's greatest allies are the ones in the U.S. who tremble with the most fear at the very mention of their name and who quite obviously crave a return of that stimulating, all-consuming, elevating 9/12 glory."

"The fact that Obama doesn't hysterically run around like some sort of frightened chicken with his head cut off every time Al Qaeda sneezes -- or swagger to the nearest camera to beat his chest and play the role of protective daddy-cowboy -- is one of the things I like best about him."

AND

Here they are sending out fundraising e-mails hyping the Detroit incident.

http://politics.theatlantic.com/2009..._in_e-mail.php
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 07:54 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
You cazn read similar articles on teh liberal loving them by others;such as thier reaction to 9-11.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:57 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Well I do hope Obama is worried that mere passengers had to save the day from a suspected terrorist that made it all the way here with a bomb in his underwear.

That's not something Obama should be cavalier about..there was a breach in security in one or multiple places.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:01 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,951,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
You cazn read similar articles on teh liberal loving them by others;such as thier reaction to 9-11.
Texdav, I am on your side, I really am. But seriously (and I DO mean seriously), you should have someone look into your dyslexia friend. It does not help your attempts to communicate a good point.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:14 PM

283 posts, read 496,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Great article by Glenn Greenwald in Salon how the right just loves the melodrama that comes with terrorist attacks.

Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

"As always, Al Qaeda's greatest allies are the ones in the U.S. who tremble with the most fear at the very mention of their name and who quite obviously crave a return of that stimulating, all-consuming, elevating 9/12 glory."

"The fact that Obama doesn't hysterically run around like some sort of frightened chicken with his head cut off every time Al Qaeda sneezes -- or swagger to the nearest camera to beat his chest and play the role of protective daddy-cowboy -- is one of the things I like best about him."

AND

Here they are sending out fundraising e-mails hyping the Detroit incident.

More Terrorism Fundraising: NRSC Uses Detroit Incident In E-mail - The Atlantic Politics Channel
LOL. Salon.com/NY Times/Wash Post/Huffo post/ - Your credible source for cutting edge leftists propaganda. No wonder you libs can't take the goggles off long enough to read the truth and to understand mainstream America.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:19 PM

206 posts, read 571,819 times
If you give in to the fear that these incidents create then they have already won. By continuing to harp on them you just give them more power over the free world.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btrja View Post
If you give in to the fear that these incidents create then they have already won. By continuing to harp on them you just give them more power over the free world.
We have given in to the fear. Try to travel on an airline.

It's just a matter of time before they start it on subways. It's already happening in Europe.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:26 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Well, it sure beats the hell out of having ones head planted firmly in .... the sand as a way of either deflecting 'scary thoughts' and/or admiting a (gasp!) republican was right.

Luckily this type of idiot is pretty rare - except on message boards and blogs. After all I just watched Chris Mathews of the 'Tingle Running Up my Leg' fame expound on the need to profile airline passengers. I would hardly call Mathews an arm of the Right.

There needs to be a clarification of sorts done -- one can be vigiliant against terrorism and accepting of the very real and very scary fact that there are religous factions who are out to kill us simply because we exist and that nothing will ever pacify them versus the idea that the only option to 'win the war on terror' is to invade Iraq and Iran. I completely agree with the first sentiment - we must acknowledge that there will be terrorists who are willing to kill tourists/businessmen/schoolchildren to make a religious/political point. I do not agree that invading Iran or Iraq or even kicking every single Israeli out of the middle east will ever solve this anger.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:26 PM

206 posts, read 571,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We have given in to the fear. Try to travel on an airline.

It's just a matter of time before they start it on subways. It's already happening in Europe.
I agree. It's a sad world we live in.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:29 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,257,288 times
When you think about all the horrible things that Americans have had to deal with over the history of the republic this one pales in comparison. I think modern Americans have either lost their spine or they're exaggerating their fear for political purposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies