Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 12:27 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times

Advertisements

In no special order, off the top of my head...

1. Unpopular with the public the hurry up and "git 'er done" healthcare reform promotion, with no plan of their own, takes priority over jobs creation.

2. Judge me by the people I surround myself with --- candidate Obama invitation. The reality: Self proclaimed Commie (Jones), Mao Fan Girl (Dunn), a parade of Tax Cheats (Geithner and too many others to mention), Kill Grandma and Young Children (Emanuel the brother), Lawyers for Dogs (Sunstein), School Sex former Drug Abuser (Jennings), White House advisors.

3. Dithering on Afghanistan

4. The initial mealy-mouthed handling of the Ft Hood shootings.

5. The initial squishy “isolated terrorist” delayed address regarding the underwear terrorist airplane bomber and “the system worked” comment.

6. The political dog and pony show in NYC Holder announcement. We’re going to show them what American justice is really all about but, by the way, if they are found “not guilty” we’re going to hold them anyway.

7. Snitch @whitehouse.gov

8. “I inherited…We inherited” EVERYTHING. I know nothing. I started nothing. Nothing is my fault. I’m just the mopper in chief.

9. The Air Force One Photo Op over NYC

10. The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (aka the stimulus bill signed by the President) that had more pork in it than a barbecue cook-off.

11. Cash For Clunkers as Cash For Foreign Owned Auto Companies.

12. Idle --don't cross this line in the sand, okay how about this line, and here's another line-- threats to Iran’s nuclear program.

13. “America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.” Yeah, right.

14. Not-in-my-white-house lobbyists names on White House visitor logs.

15. Beer fest in the rose garden or the police acted stupidly, rewind.

16. Close Guantanamo by December without much thought about how to do it. The Uighurs frolic in Bermuda.

17. Transparency. C-Span must have had a number of bad camera days when Healthcare was being discussed.

18. The Congressional Districts that Weren’t also known as Spending Your Stimulus Tax Dollars in Nowheresville.

19. “Man caused disasters” and the “overseas contingency operation” we dare not speak of by their real names. But we can label US veterans as potential extremists in our DHS report.

20. Fat cats are evil…but uh, we’re bailing them out.

21. The overseas American apology tours…some with bowing.

22. DVDs for Gordon Brown. Isn’t that special!

23. Losing The War With Fox News. Whose ratings went up? Whose ratings went down?

24. Spending like crazy while saying spending has to stop.

25. On why government run healthcare is a "good idea"… "UPS and FedEx are doing just fine. It's the Post Office that's always having problems." President Obama. (also known as I inherited the Post Office from the Bush administration.)

Next year --- I think it's going to be all about taxes and unfunded state mandates so they can do the taxing, not the feds, in a 2010 election year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 12:38 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,329,379 times
Here's a little talked about one... White House censoring Humana when it sent letters to its members informing them of how the proposed cuts in benefits may affect them.

Another is how BO revealed his ego, naivete, and lack of leadership skills while pissing off Gordon Brown and Nicolas Sarkozy at the UN Security Council meeting in September. Both the Brits and the French wanted to "out" Iran to the rest of the world on this world stage for it's illegal enrichment facilities. BO said no, and wouldn't let them do it.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:45 PM

805 posts, read 774,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

1. Unpopular with the public the hurry up and "git 'er done" healthcare reform promotion, with no plan of their own, takes priority over jobs creation.

2. Judge me by the people I surround myself with --- candidate Obama invitation. The reality: Self proclaimed Commie (Jones), Mao Fan Girl (Dunn), a parade of Tax Cheats (Geithner and too many others to mention), Kill Grandma and Young Children (Emanuel the brother), Lawyers for Dogs (Sunstein), School Sex former Drug Abuser (Jennings), White House advisors.

5. The initial squishy “isolated terrorist” delayed address regarding the underwear terrorist airplane bomber and “the system worked” comment.

6. The political dog and pony show in NYC Holder announcement. We’re going to show them what American justice is really all about but, by the way, if they are found “not guilty” we’re going to hold them anyway.

8. “I inherited…We inherited” EVERYTHING. I know nothing. I started nothing. Nothing is my fault. I’m just the mopper in chief.

10. The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (aka the stimulus bill signed by the President) that had more pork in it than a barbecue cook-off.

12. Idle --don't cross this line in the sand, okay how about this line, and here's another line-- threats to Iran’s nuclear program.

13. “America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.” Yeah, right.

16. Close Guantanamo by December without much thought about how to do it. The Uighurs frolic in Bermuda.

17. Transparency. C-Span must have had a number of bad camera days when Healthcare was being discussed.

18. The Congressional Districts that Weren’t also known as Spending Your Stimulus Tax Dollars in Nowheresville.

19. “Man caused disasters” and the “overseas contingency operation” we dare not speak of by their real names. But we can label US veterans as potential extremists in our DHS report.

23. Losing The War With Fox News. Whose ratings went up? Whose ratings went down?

25. On why government run healthcare is a "good idea"… "UPS and FedEx are doing just fine. It's the Post Office that's always having problems." President Obama. (also known as I inherited the Post Office from the Bush administration.)

Next year --- I think it's going to be all about taxes and unfunded state mandates so they can do the taxing, not the feds, in a 2010 election year.
Date night with Me-me-me-chelle in New York City on the Taxpayers dime.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:51 PM

805 posts, read 774,387 times
This thread could just as easily been called "Top 25 Obama Lies - year 1".
Continuing with this thread.
#27 Obamas pledge not to sign any bill with "earmarks" in it. Promise broken with the signing of the very 1st Stimulus bill! Big Mistake.

Old 12-31-2009, 02:48 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,864,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

Excellent list.

Old 12-31-2009, 03:01 PM

968 posts, read 2,062,940 times
Add these to the list.
Trying to be too much like a republican.
Trying to compromise too much with the republicans. He should've been like Bush - do it my way or [MOD CUT/language] you.
Giving up on the public option.
Not understanding that right wingers are angry regardless of what you do or say. Just dont po the left wingers.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-31-2009 at 07:58 PM..

Old 12-31-2009, 03:01 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
pushing the global warming agenda against the will of the american people
not ending the wars, and accepting the nobel peace prize when he knew he was going to escalate troops in afghanistan and send drones into pakistan-along with the hypocrisy of it all ("i'm not worthy", okay then get out of the way and let someone actually worthy accept the prize).
not controlling our borders
increasing overall spending
actually less transparency in government
not stepping up to the plate, and passing the buck on everything.
no audit of the federal reserve, and urging increased powers for the federal reserve -WHICH HAS CAUSED A LOT OF OUR PROBLEMS. they are an uncontrolled foreign banking cartel controlling the flow of our currency, without accountability or transparency
having a lame pay czar, which is approving everybody's pay, even after they received bailout money, which means they were failures yet still entitled to big bonuses!
giving american taxpayer money to the IMF banksters
still giving out bailouts, with another 3.5 billion to go to GMAC in the next couple of days.
health care "reform", which is actually a mandatory insurance subsidy under penalty of fines or jail. (no wonder the insurance industry is happy!)

Old 12-31-2009, 03:03 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times
26. Pulling the economy back from disaster

27. Refocusing military efforts on actually hunting down terrorists

28. On the brink of achieving the most sweeping and necessary health care reform since the 1930s

29. Oh...wait... you mean he's actually been a pretty darn successful president?

Well, if you insist.

Old 12-31-2009, 03:08 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
26. Pulling the economy back from disaster

27. Refocusing military efforts on actually hunting down terrorists

28. On the brink of achieving the most sweeping and necessary health care reform since the 1930s

29. Oh...wait... you mean he's actually been a pretty darn successful president?

Well, if you insist.
i have to say that i think people are delusional if they think this economy is in "recovery". revenue is down, government spending is up (including food stamps, unemployment benefits, etc.), and more people are unemployed.

the FDIC is out of money, as are the unemployment funds, (some states are on the 3rd tier of unemployment now) and congress just raised the debt ceiling yet again.

Old 12-31-2009, 03:33 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinChicago View Post
This thread could just as easily been called "Top 25 Obama Lies - year 1".
Continuing with this thread.
#27 Obamas pledge not to sign any bill with "earmarks" in it. Promise broken with the signing of the very 1st Stimulus bill! Big Mistake.
22. (Region #1 DVDs which will not play on a DVD player in the UK) DVDs for Gordon Brown. Isn’t that special!

Would #28 be signing the defense bill, which was loaded with $4 billion in pork, which 0bama promised he would veto, or would that be rolled into #27?

#29 Going on Jay Leno and laughing into tears while saying:

"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like the Special Olympics, or something."

#30 Both 0bama and his wife going to Copenhagen to beg for the Olympics and looking like fools when they had no chance in hell.

#31 Going back to Copenhagen to try to secure a climate deal and leaving empty handed.... again

#32 The Air Force One fly by photo-op

#33 Date nights at a million dollars a pop, while we suffer "the most serious financial condition since the Great Depression.”

#34 Trying to squeeze out Fox News from the White House TV pool, and having the other networks tell him to take all of us or none of us.

#35 Breaking his "sunlight before signing" promise.

"As president, I will make impossible for any congressman or lobbyists to slip pork barrel projects or corporate welfare into the laws when no one's looking. Because when I'm president, meeting where laws are written will be more open to the public , no more secrecy. That's a commitment I make to you as president! (dramatic pause to soak up the rapturous applause) No more secrecy! ( more applause, more soaking it all up)

And, when there's a bill that ends up on my desk as president, you the public, will have five days to look on-line, and find our what's in it, before I sign it."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies