Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Rush Fake It?
Yes 26 25.49%
No 70 68.63%
Undecided 6 5.88%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 04:40 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times

Advertisements

No, I don't believe he faked anything. Something happened to scare him bad enough to go to the hospital. Maybe the deception, if any, was the reason he was having trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 04:44 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
No, I don't believe he faked anything. Something happened to scare him bad enough to go to the hospital. Maybe the deception, if any, was the reason he was having trouble.
I agree.

Old 01-01-2010, 04:45 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,788,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Plenty of people are admitted to hospitals for chest pain and later released ... could be anything from stress to gallbladder disease. Nothing new .... besides Rush doesn't need the publicity.
That's true, but the reports of him being in "serious condition" were obviously exaggerated. I'm inclined to believe that he and his PR people used this to embellish his business, because his record is one of such immoral behavior so it stands to reason he'd do such a thing.

Old 01-01-2010, 04:49 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post

That's true, but the reports of him being in "serious condition" were obviously exaggerated. I'm inclined to believe that he and his PR people used this to embellish his business, because his record is one of such immoral behavior so it stands to reason he'd do such a thing.
Any time a person experiences severe chest pains it's considered serious until a diagnosis can be made and a heart attack or other life-threatening condition ruled out.

Old 01-01-2010, 04:49 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
I think it's a ridiculous assumption that he faked a heart attack for ratings, cash, or publicity. The man's ratings are just fine as is without the need to fake a serious medical condition. he's also not lacking for cash. There are many conditions that can mimic the symptoms of a heart attack.

And how would him being in the hospital translate into "Oh, I think I should listen to RL". People either listen to his radio show or don't heart attacks aside.

Old 01-01-2010, 04:50 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,918 times
He didn't, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did. There's no business like show business!

Old 01-01-2010, 04:52 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,826,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
I'm not sure what one's political lean would be. I envy multi-millionaires. Rush has always been honest about being a greedy man and I'm fine with that. To me, he's a little more honest than Glenn Beck - it's all about the Benjamins, baby. I'd gladly switch spots with Rush, but you somehow avoided the question and turned it to politics: did he fake it?
I am not going to justify the irrationality of this thread it would be immoral for me to do so. It has no standard of value, it is flawed in its' essence.

Since it was reported by the news media Rush Limbaugh that he may have had a heart attack there has been a torrent of degrading, demeaning accusations from the left in this forum and it is continuing in this thread by a tactic in the form of a poll.

Old 01-01-2010, 04:55 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,094,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
I think it's a ridiculous assumption that he faked a heart attack for ratings, cash, or publicity. The man's ratings are just fine as is without the need to fake a serious medical condition. he's also not lacking for cash. There are many conditions that can mimic the symptoms of a heart attack.

And how would him being in the hospital translate into "Oh, I think I should listen to RL". People either listen to his radio show or don't heart attacks aside.
I may be inclined to agree with you that he in fact, didn't fake it.

But your lack of understanding about what boosts and what doesn't in the entertainment business is SEVERELY lacking.

Things like this have a MAJOR effect on ratings, especially if the 'underdog' or card of 'overcoming' something tragic can be identified.

Maybe he doesn't need the ratings boost, but I sure find people are far more interested in talking about Beck than they are about talking about Limbaugh lately. Is he no longer the most hated man in Conservative talk?

I think what's missed isn't that the move has to make a ton of sense - a lot of people are correct - does he need more publicity or more money? No, not rationally, but that doesn't take into account the ENTERTAINER'S LOGIC, which may or may not be different than ours. Do they always know where there own ceiling is? Did Michael Jackson? You just can't be sure what was going through his mind or the mind of the PR.

It's all speculation. I understand not thinking that PR played any roll, but maybe it did. The poll is simply to find out what others are thinking about the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
I am not going to justify the irrationality of this thread it would be immoral for me to do so. It has no standard of value, it is flawed in its' essence.

Since it was reported by the news media Rush Limbaugh that he may have had a heart attack there has been a torrent of degrading, demeaning accusations from the left in this forum and it is continuing in this thread by a tactic in the form of a poll.
Immoral? Grow up, kid. The poll actually shows that more people believe he didn't fake it. It's meant to capture the thought process of posters on a forum and learning what others think if they had to say 'Yes or No' isn't immoral. If I created a poll and had it labeled 'Yes' and 'Probably' then I'd understand your beef, but until then, you can kindly stop with the naivete and the high-and-mighty attitude.

Old 01-01-2010, 05:04 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Truth is, anytime you go to the emergency room with severe chest pains you are automaticly classified in serious condition and go to the head of the line. Maybe his PR people will make an omelet out of broken eggs but I don't think the whole emergency was any part of a plan. He just wanted to take a vacation. I'll bet that when those steel bands started to tighten around his heart, it scared the crap out of him. He could have played the sympathy card at his press conference but he didn't.

One thing I got out of the whole thing was, How can the radical right snivel about Obama going to Hawaii when the "God Who Speaks From The Little Box" went there too.

Old 01-01-2010, 05:05 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
So, do you believe Rush Limbaugh faked it?
This is what the idiot left has come down to? Sounds like you folks have a bad case of popular-radio-show-host-envy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies