Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Cheney undermining the President during a time of war?
Yes he is 39 44.32%
No 43 48.86%
Not sure, but he should quit lying at least 6 6.82%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 09:05 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
It's the kind of "public pressure" that people like Cheney and Palin are trying to whip up that is part of the problem. The more it appears that we, as a nation, are rattled and divided by an attempted underwear bombing the more of a success it gives Al Qaeda even though no American lives were lost.

We need public pressure on this administration.

After all they had a briefing that something may happen on Christmas Day 3 days before it happened and what did Obama do? He went on vacation anyway.

And what was Obama doing when America was being attacked by a terrorist?

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww318/SunnyDays90/Obamagolfing.jpg (broken link)

And what did Obama do after learning of the attack on America?

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww318/SunnyDays90/Obamagolfing2.jpg (broken link)

Guess playing golf is more important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 09:28 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

And what did Obama do after learning of the attack on America?
He did exactly the same thing that Bush did after the shoe bomber attempt only he did it in 72 hours, not 6 days. The shoe bomber was also treated as a criminal in our federal courts, and did not go before a military court. He is serving life in a federal court and was not shipped off to Cuba to be tortured. So don't try to spin it like Obama made a gross mistake by continuing to play golf after he was briefed about the inept underwear bomber. Bush was also on vacation when the shoe bomber struck and he didn't rush back to D.C. either. These two incidents were treated exactly the same by two different presidents. The only difference is that Republicans like Cheney and Palin have short memories or they think the American public is too stupid to catch their lies. Come to think about it, Cheney and Palin may be right about half the population.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:32 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
He did exactly the same thing that Bush did after the shoe bomber attempt only he did it in 72 hours, not 6 days. The shoe bomber was also treated as a criminal in our federal courts, and did not go before a military court. He is serving life in a federal court

And those of us who acutally pay taxes are paying for his time in prison.

and was not shipped off to Cuba to be tortured. So don't try to spin it like Obama made a gross mistake by continuing to play golf after he was briefed about the inept underwear bomber. Bush was also on vacation when the shoe bomber struck and he didn't rush back to D.C. either.

He did make a huge mistake. He was told of this happening 3 days prior and pretended like it was no big deal at all.

These two incidents were treated exactly the same by two different presidents. The only difference is that Republicans like Cheney and Palin have short memories or they think the American public is too stupid to catch their lies.

What lies?

Come to think about it, Cheney and Palin may be right about half the population.
The ole Bush excuse again. Just because someone else does something does not make it right for the next person. I thought you were suppose to learn from others?

Face it, the idiot was told of this happening 3 days before he went on another vacation. Then he was told about it happening and went BACK TO PLAYING GOLF.

One more time, terrorist are not criminals like a candy bar thief, they are terrorist and they need to be properly interrogated to extract all the information we can. Thanks for mentioning yet another OBAMA SCREW UP.
The underwear terrorist wont say a damn word now that Obama is protecting him.

Go play golf bubba, you are not good around here anyway. We are safer without your poor decision making anyway.

ObamAcorn is and inept fool and it will cost us.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:47 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Oh my, "yes, congress was stupid for believing all of the bush administration's lies, yes, they bought it hook line and sinker". I think you meant all Clinton's lies. You know , I'm sure, of all the quotes that have been posted from Clinton, his administration and the other dem politicians.
Congress was saying all those things before Bush was elected. What say you now Hombre?

Old 01-06-2010, 08:57 PM

1,179 posts, read 975,374 times
IMO Cheney is emboldening the terrorists with this type of rhetoric, and should stop.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:13 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
Cheney is making claims that are quickly proven false soon after they are made. Is he undermining the President with these lies and false accusations?

Ok, I have clicked through 4 pages, with lies, lies, lies!

What I have not seen and it may be on page 5 of this thread which I refused to waste my time scrolling to find the dang link to the lies, you are talking about.

What is he EXACTLY suppose to be lying about, in your biased opinion?

Old 01-06-2010, 09:15 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
IMO Cheney is emboldening the terrorists with this type of rhetoric, and should stop.
He sure is. I don't see why some of the people on this site can't get that through their heads.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:19 PM

1,179 posts, read 975,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ok, I have clicked through 4 pages, with lies, lies, lies!

What I have not seen and it may be on page 5 of this thread which I refused to waste my time scrolling to find the dang link to the lies, you are talking about.

What is he EXACTLY suppose to be lying about, in your biased opinion?
All parrot Cheney's false accusations:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-claiming.html

Old 01-06-2010, 09:25 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
All parrot Cheney's false accusations:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-claiming.html

Seriously???

That whole thread is about the use of the word Terrorism verse the phrase war on terror. I want to see the lies in your biased opinion.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:48 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Cheney is making claims that are quickly proven false soon after they are made. Is he undermining the President with these lies and false accusations?

nope, after all he is an american and still has the right of free speech.

Or is free speech something only reserved for liberals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies