Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2010, 07:46 AM

26,578 posts, read 14,449,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Try page 1291. I had my pages mixed up. John Bingham made that statement on March 9th, and I inadvertently cited the page for May 30th. Sorry.
".... parents not owing allegiance to any foreign sovereignty is, in the language of your Constitution itself,....."

as it pertains to the language of the constitution " owing allegiance to any foreign sovereignty " are diplomats and invading armies.

i appreciate the link tho IC. thank you. a lot of interesting historic reading.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:02 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee (39th Congress), James F. Wilson of Iowa, added on March 1, 1866: “We must depend on the general law relating to subjects and citizens recognized by all nations for a definition, and that must lead us to the conclusion that every person born in the United States is a natural-born citizen of such States, except … children born on our soil to temporary sojourners or representatives of foreign Governments.”
This is a quote about SLAVES. (Hint: using a quote from the debate about extending full citizenship rights to black people tinges your entire argument with a suggestion of racism.)

And all your other arguments about requiring both parents to be citizens are NONSENSE. It's not in the Constitution, and we have had previous Presidents who did not fulfill this condition. So, whether the Founding Fathers toyed with this condition as part of their definition is moot, they chose not to define it that way in the Constitution. And all your hemming and hawing won't change that. The Constitution does not require both parents to be citizens, and precedent has established that a single parent is acceptable. You can lobby your legislators to CHANGE the law, to AMEND the Constitution, but in the meantime, President Obama meets the current standard for natural-born citizen.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:38 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,156,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deturmind View Post
WHy cant the most powerful man in the world produce his birth certificate? The long form that everyone born in Hawaii during the same period has. Plenty of others born in that time period can produce theirs.
There is no such thing as a "long form" Hawaiian birth certificate. There is only the official birth certificate that the President provided. The courts, the Republican party, John McCain, Hillary Clinton, the Democratic party, and all 51 election commissions accepted this as proof. What's your problem?

Old 04-29-2010, 09:50 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
There is no such thing as a "long form" Hawaiian birth certificate. There is only the official birth certificate that the President provided. The courts, the Republican party, John McCain, Hillary Clinton, the Democratic party, and all 51 election commissions accepted this as proof. What's your problem?
Why would any of the above-named have any credibility?

Old 04-29-2010, 10:42 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
".... parents not owing allegiance to any foreign sovereignty is, in the language of your Constitution itself,....."

as it pertains to the language of the constitution " owing allegiance to any foreign sovereignty " are diplomats and invading armies.
And foreign citizens, such as Obama's father.

More info here:
New Englander and Yale review - Google Books

Quote:
i appreciate the link tho IC. thank you. a lot of interesting historic reading.
It is indeed interesting.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
i'm not sure what passage i'm supposed to be looking at.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:20 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
This is a quote about SLAVES. (Hint: using a quote from the debate about extending full citizenship rights to black people tinges your entire argument with a suggestion of racism.)

And all your other arguments about requiring both parents to be citizens are NONSENSE. It's not in the Constitution, and we have had previous Presidents who did not fulfill this condition. So, whether the Founding Fathers toyed with this condition as part of their definition is moot, they chose not to define it that way in the Constitution. And all your hemming and hawing won't change that. The Constitution does not require both parents to be citizens, and precedent has established that a single parent is acceptable. You can lobby your legislators to CHANGE the law, to AMEND the Constitution, but in the meantime, President Obama meets the current standard for natural-born citizen.
The U.S. Constitution prohibits anchor babies from becoming president of the United States - and Obama is half anchor, half dock.

If he's docked, why the need of an anchor?

Most U.S. presidents never ventured toward a dock, let alone had need of, or were burdened with, an anchor.

So, what are you DC, some kind of Anchor-Docktor?

Anchor-Docker, that is!

YouTube - Otis Redding-Sitting on the dock of the bay

Last edited by ergohead; 04-29-2010 at 12:18 PM..

Old 04-29-2010, 11:25 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i'm not sure what passage i'm supposed to be looking at.
Start at the top left of the page.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Start at the top left of the page.
ok, for some reason when i first clicked on the link it went to another page ( or i just missed it. i ended up glancing over a few dozen pages so hard to tell ).

that still goes back to the my contention that " owing allegiance at birth to foreign states" is the clause for children of diplomats and invading armies.

as we read further it specifically addresses that if you take the "natural born" out of NBC then "citizen" pertains to those that were naturalized.

i don't think that there has ever been an arguement that a naturalized citizen can be the POTUS ( currently ).

Old 04-29-2010, 11:56 AM

229 posts, read 241,380 times
Quote:
"I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai‘i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai‘i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures." - DOH Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino
Thank you! Dr. Fukimo has also stated that all the originals have digitized and only Barrack himself can request it. If you do not request the original you will get the short form. The short form does not have all the data that the long form has but is suffient for identification purposes. The short form is created by state where the long form is created by the hospital of birth and sent to the Hawaii Dept. of vital records.

I have no doubt it exists and he was born in Hawaii but since there are so many questions and since the Kenyan government claims he was born there I want to see it. That will be the only way the issue will be put to rest and the birthers will go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies