Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 07:32 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
OMG!! I do not get out of the house enough.....I had no idea it was something I could google!! I thought someone here made it up??? To funny!!
Well the OP suggested that I look up the loon, so I did, and this "remote viewing" phrase kept popping up so I just Googled it and Ah-ha, there it was!

If getting out the house would lead to my exposure to more of these nuts, I would prefer to be confined to my office!

Old 01-05-2010, 07:47 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,535,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Whoa Boy!!

Remote Viewing...

Remote viewing (RV) is the purported ability to gather information about a distant or unseen target using paranormal means or extra-sensory perception. Typically a remote viewer is expected to give information about an object that is hidden from physical view and separated at some distance.[1][2][3] The term was introduced by parapsychologists Russell Targ and Harold Puthoff in 1974.[4]
Remote viewing was popularized in the 1990s, following the declassification of documents related to the Stargate Project, a $20 million research program sponsored by the U.S. Federal Government to determine any potential military application of psychic phenomena. The program was terminated in 1995, citing a lack of documented evidence that the program had any value to the intelligence community.[5]
One of the early experiments was lauded by proponents as having improved the methodology of remote viewing testing and as raising future experimental standards, but also criticized as leaking information to the participants by inadvertently leaving clues.[6] Some later experiments had negative results when these clues were eliminated.[7]
Remote viewing, like other forms of extra-sensory perception, is generally considered as pseudoscience [8] due to the lack of replicable results, and of a positive theory that explains the outcomes of experiments.[9][10][11]

Remote viewing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh, it's worse than that!

Alongside that monumental waste of the taxpayers money was a program developed to see if the effects of an atomic bomb could be transfered to someplace else. The idea was to set off a bomb in a safe, secure location (such as White Sands), and "send" the destructive effects to, say, Moscow. It would preclude the necessity for a delivery vehicle.

I believe I once heard the good Major comment that he'd been involved in that too.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:15 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,218,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoogemania View Post
Oops - I forgot to mentioned the alleged birthplace. Kenya. The host of the program did not deny or condone it - just mentioned that the evasiveness of the administration about it is a bit odd.
"Evasiveness" is easy to create. Did you notice how evasive Glenn Beck has been about that teenage girl that he raped and murdered in 1990?

President Obama has handled the whole birther issue masterfully. I wouldn't have him change a thing.

Only idiots are perplexed by his response.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:26 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,668,752 times
The last time I listened to Coast to Coast AM, they were taking calls from people who purported to be from other dimensions. It's a fun listen but it's loon central.

Old 01-05-2010, 03:11 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,827,047 times
President Obama is a US citizen. We just don't know how he became one.

Old 01-05-2010, 03:24 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,280,973 times
I am now convinced that 0bama was in fact never actually born. Rather, he was made in a lab by a joint effort of Dow Chemical, the Rand Corp and CBS under the direction of the Trilateral Commission. He has been programmed to bring down the American people and hand us over to the New World Order.

Old 01-05-2010, 03:30 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,150 times
I'm sorry but this is hysterical. He won, get over it. You or anyone who wants to defeat Obama in 2012 will do much better focusing on the issues. What a shame and embarrassment birthers are to our country.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:34 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,261 times
Quote:
Remote viewer Major Ed Dames of the Matrix Intelligence Agency was George Noory's guest on Coast to Coast AM tonight. For those of you who aren't night owls like me, Coast to Coast AM is a night time radio program dealing with assorted supernatural and scientific topics with different guests. Tonight, Major Dames stated that he remote viewed Obama's birth circumstances, and stated BO WAS BORN IN KENYA, and it is going to make things interesting in 2012. You can believe it or don't, but feel free to do some research on Major Dames before you make conclusions.

good grief!!!
please give it a rest!!!!!

Old 01-05-2010, 05:35 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,077,406 times
Just because somebody was born in Kenya doesn't make them an illegal immigrant. I have friends who were born in other countries who are legal citizens here and are probably more American than a lot of posters in this forum.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:36 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,280,400 times
Quote:
Remote viewer Major Ed Dames of the Matrix Intelligence Agency was George Noory's guest on Coast to Coast AM tonight. For those of you who aren't night owls like me, Coast to Coast AM is a night time radio program dealing with assorted supernatural and scientific topics with different guests. Tonight, Major Dames stated that he remote viewed Obama's birth circumstances, and stated BO WAS BORN IN KENYA, and it is going to make things interesting in 2012. You can believe it or don't, but feel free to do some research on Major Dames before you make conclusions.
Wow a birther thread. We need more of these. Can a new Sarah Palin is better than Obama thread be far behind?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies