Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 09:26 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dncr View Post
The weak and the slow?! You spelled sense like "sence." No wonder your political and religious ideologies have to deal with a party than ran a country into the ground over eight years. Obama didn't cause the mess we're in, he just got stuck cleaning it up. It's way to much for one man to handle in one year.
Gotta love the Grammar Police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 09:29 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
The bigots can't stand it that there is a great man in the White House who doesn't share their similar pigmentation. Oh well, only 7 more years to go

Old 01-07-2010, 01:28 PM

721 posts, read 1,794,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Gotta love the Grammar Police.
Of course. I would have let him slide if he didn't try to act like he was some intellectual. Republicans these days...

Old 01-07-2010, 01:33 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Today, Gallup shows Obama at 51% Approval.

Up 3% from the 48% on Dec 14th.

And Rasmussen shows Obama at 49% Approval

Up 3% from the 46% on Dec 14th.

I would not get too giddy about it, they will fall again soon
he tried to talk a little tough finally about the latest attack and promised heads would roll, have they? nope
I am waiting for him to give the report of who all screwed up on Christamas day, also he is still trying to cram his health care bull crap bill and then comes cap and trade

Old 01-07-2010, 01:38 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:

So is his disapproval lets jump for joy

Old 01-07-2010, 01:41 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:

Yeah, chances are pretty good (not assured, but pretty good) that he bottomed out a month or so ago. Historically, Presidential approval ratings have largely been driven by the economy. This past year was horrendous (as I expected it be) - and Obama paid the price, but this new year is looking a lot better.

The massive layoffs of the past year are ending and overall job creation is about to begin, house prices have stabilized (and climbing in much of the country) and (thanks the dramatic rise of the stock markets) 401K's and pension funds for average Americans have recovered much of what they lost under the last year and half of "Junior" and those funds are still growing.

All told, this is looking to be potentially a very good year (or at leat reflecting very positive changes) - all of which bodes pretty well for the approval ratings of whoever is President (in any year), so (as I said) I would guess Obama has seen his lowest ratings. Not too bad actually to bottom out in the upper to mid 40's. Reagan dropped into the upper 30's before he began his climb as the economy recovered (after more than 2 full years of recession).

Ken

Old 01-07-2010, 02:56 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,861,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dncr View Post
Of course. I would have let him slide if he didn't try to act like he was some intellectual. Republicans these days...

Oh yes, it really awful having a Republican daughter working on her PhD............... Where are all the intelligent people anyway? They certainly aren't in DC.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:36 PM

721 posts, read 1,794,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
Oh yes, it really awful having a Republican daughter working on her PhD............... Where are all the intelligent people anyway? They certainly aren't in DC.
Your daughters political views are horrid in my opinion . You cant blame a thing on Democrats yet. They gained control in 2006, had a President that vetoed everything, and are now stuck cleaning up the mess Republicans created. I cant be much clearer than that.

There's a saying that goes something like people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

If you didn't have a problem with it when Republicans had control, you shouldn't have a problem with it now.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:30 PM

283 posts, read 496,058 times
Quote:

Whenever you decide to put down the Kool-aid long enough, maybe you'll realize that your "President" is just another "PUPPET".

Old 01-07-2010, 06:58 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I thought none of you people liked Rasmussen. Hmmmmm, all of a sudden they are ok. Ain't that something. I wanted to mention that the daily approval rating had gone form -18 to -10 from Saturday to today but was afraid that you folks would take exception.
Rasmussen's Obama numbers always come in well behind the rest of the polls, so I still don't think their numbers are accurate.

However, they still show Obama's numbers have risen since their previous poll.

And a gain is still a gain !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies