Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 11:16 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
More likely it is an example of a rush to judgement and a knee jerk response.

Whatever it is, it will be forgotten in a few days.
No when people are having to say sorry for making a joke like the espn guy did over making the joke about someone being gone to get a taco.

This country needs to lighten up. It was a joke

Heck my husband is hispanic he wasnt offended and agrees he loves taco how can that be an insult?

There is only 1 race that people dont mind insulting and you dont hear people screaming they are offended or defending them is white people.

Now a days its just bad to be white.

This commercial will be forgotten whats happening to this country isnt going to be

Old 01-07-2010, 11:16 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
The ad—titled "How to Silence a Noisy Crowd"is "a light-hearted reference to the West Indian cricket team. So when he says awkward you all take it to mean its because hes surrounded by black people and thats racist how dare they

This country is to pc and looking to find racism anywhere they can

Wonder why the Aussies dont find this to be racist. Oh maybe they get it and not so darn sensitive that everything now is racist

Find myself agreeing with you again. This is also what i am thinking, and People just need things to ----- about. Race seems to be easy prey.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:37 AM

22 posts, read 19,259 times
Quote:
This country has become to pc
That's the new conservative buzz word, huh?

Old 01-07-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubledsilicate View Post
That's the new conservative buzz word, huh?
Problem with reality?

Old 01-07-2010, 11:49 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,789,213 times
Quote:
No when people are having to say sorry for making a joke like the espn guy did over making the joke about someone being gone to get a taco.

This country needs to lighten up. It was a joke

Heck my husband is hispanic he wasnt offended and agrees he loves taco how can that be an insult?

There is only 1 race that people dont mind insulting and you dont hear people screaming they are offended or defending them is white people.

Now a days its just bad to be white.

This commercial will be forgotten whats happening to this country isnt going to be
I'm white, I don't ever get offended, because I don't see white people being offended. Maybe you're too sensitive?

Old 01-07-2010, 11:58 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
That Popeye's commercial has nothing on this commercial from a Dutch insurance company, the catch phrase roughly translating to "They must have Delta Lloyd insurance." Personally I think it's rioutous but you could never get away with this commercial in the States:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmkXmE9XGec

Old 01-07-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
I'm white, I don't ever get offended, because I don't see white people being offended. Maybe you're too sensitive?
No I am not offended but how many people do you see jumping to the aid of a white person that is affected by racism?

But if something is said about a black person or a hispanic person or an asian person thats another story

Black pride is good
Hispanic pride is good
Asian is good
white proud = racist

This is my point in all of this.If a white person says jose is out for a taco the world is coming to an end and the white man must say sorry.

If a hispanic uses the n word which they do a lot its all good

If a white person uses the n word they are a racist and have to say sorry

Point being that some shouldnt get offended so easy. The white people dont get that offended but darn it make a joke or a comment about any other race and its racist.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
That Popeye's commercial has nothing on this commercial from a Dutch life insurance company, the catch phrase roughly translating to "They must have Delta Lloyd insurance." Personally I think it's rioutous but you could never get away with this commercial in the States:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmkXmE9XGec
Oh no that could never be played here as funny as it is.

People are to sensitive here

Old 01-07-2010, 12:13 PM

We live in a country were people feel they have to watch what they say how they say it. Watch making jokes because someone is going to be offended. Watch stating the truth someone might get offended. Watch wearing certain clothes someone might get offended.

We have silenced people with fear that they will offend someone else.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:17 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroguydc View Post
lol

why does fried chicken have to be linked to black people all the time?

well, i don't suppose it has to be linked to black people, but it doesn't take an astute observer to recognize that any and every fried chicken joint in america has a storefront in the more "urban" areas of town.

Perhaps i'm just too observant of my surroundings.
because weez luv us some back yawd bird!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies