Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 04:05 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,380 times

Advertisements

Weekend freeze Loom for Gulf Coast

AccuWeather.com - Weather Blogs - Weather News (http://www.accuweather.com/regional-news-story.asp?region=southusnews - broken link)

Death toll rises to 22 in UK's biggest freeze for 30 years

Weather-related death toll rises to 22 as Britain braces for coldest night yet - Times Online

Wind chill may drop below zero as coldest weather in 12 years hits North Texas

Bitter Cold Is Just Beginning | NBC Dallas-Fort Worth

All-Time record snowfall Burlington, VT

All-time record snowfall in Burlington | NECN

The heaviest snowfall in almost 50 years is hitting parts of Britain as Arctic weather brought nationwide chaos.

Britain braced for heaviest snowfall in 50 years - Telegraph

Pensioners burn books for warmth

Pensioners burn books for warmth | Metro.co.uk

Seoul buried in heaviest snowfall in 70 years

Seoul buried in heaviest snowfall in 70 years - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100104/ap_on_re_as/as_asia_storms - broken link)

Midwest Sees Near-Record Lows, Snow By The Foot

Midwest Sees Near-Record Lows In Negative Double Digits, Snow By The Foot - cbs2chicago.com (http://cbs2chicago.com/national/midwest.cold.snow.2.1405658.html - broken link)

Feeling cold? We're at 30 below normal

Feeling cold? We're at 30 below normal | desmoinesregister.com | The Des Moines Register

Floridians prepare for record low temps

WSVN-TV - Floridians prepare for record low temps

Chill Map

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/uschill.gif

The cold weather packing hospitals

The cold weather packing hospitals | weather, cold, hospitals - Top Story - CBS Channel 12 News

Old 01-08-2010, 04:26 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,084,935 times
But....but.....but......

.....man made global warming will make the winters colder and more snowier....

I actually heard that the other day.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:38 AM

Quote:
man made global warming will make the winters colder and more snowier....

I guess AL was right....

Chilly politics: Gore ice sculpture back in Fairbanks

Chilly politics: Gore ice sculpture back in Fairbanks: Alaska Newsreader | adn.com

Old 01-08-2010, 12:12 PM

Midwest in deep freeze — with no end in sight
Wind chill at 52 below zero in North Dakota; snow also moves eastward

Midwest in deep freeze -- with no end in sight - Weather- msnbc.com

Yeah..Global Warming...you gotta luv it....lol...lol...lol

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-01-2014 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 01-08-2010, 12:21 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Weekend freeze Loom for Gulf Coast

AccuWeather.com - Weather Blogs - Weather News (http://www.accuweather.com/regional-news-story.asp?region=southusnews - broken link)

Death toll rises to 22 in UK's biggest freeze for 30 years

Weather-related death toll rises to 22 as Britain braces for coldest night yet - Times Online

Wind chill may drop below zero as coldest weather in 12 years hits North Texas

Bitter Cold Is Just Beginning | NBC Dallas-Fort Worth

All-Time record snowfall Burlington, VT

All-time record snowfall in Burlington | NECN

The heaviest snowfall in almost 50 years is hitting parts of Britain as Arctic weather brought nationwide chaos.

Britain braced for heaviest snowfall in 50 years - Telegraph

Pensioners burn books for warmth

Pensioners burn books for warmth | Metro.co.uk

Seoul buried in heaviest snowfall in 70 years

Seoul buried in heaviest snowfall in 70 years - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100104/ap_on_re_as/as_asia_storms - broken link)

Midwest Sees Near-Record Lows, Snow By The Foot

Midwest Sees Near-Record Lows In Negative Double Digits, Snow By The Foot - cbs2chicago.com (http://cbs2chicago.com/national/midwest.cold.snow.2.1405658.html - broken link)

Feeling cold? We're at 30 below normal

Feeling cold? We're at 30 below normal | desmoinesregister.com | The Des Moines Register

Floridians prepare for record low temps

WSVN-TV - Floridians prepare for record low temps

Chill Map

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/uschill.gif

The cold weather packing hospitals

The cold weather packing hospitals | weather, cold, hospitals - Top Story - CBS Channel 12 News
You're just being sarcastic!

Old 01-08-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
you're just being sarcastic!
no....really...

Old 01-08-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
are you all going to start a thread a day on the weather? I just can't wait until I can post about 100+ degree weather again this summer and tell you it is evidence of global warning...and I'll do it daily no matter how many people tell me climate and weather do not mean the same thing and climate change takes decades +, not just a year. Or maybe I will just tell you that 2009 was the 5th warmest on record....since you only seem to be able to be short sighted about these things.

ETA I'm not gonna post on every weather thread that comes up, so consider this your rebuttal for all those future posts that we'll see tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day.
Actually...I'll bet that you'll be warning me this summer of Global Cooling

Old 01-08-2010, 12:27 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arielmina View Post
are you all going to start a thread a day on the weather? I just can't wait until I can post about 100+ degree weather again this summer and tell you it is evidence of global warning...and I'll do it daily no matter how many people tell me climate and weather do not mean the same thing and climate change takes decades +, not just a year. Or maybe I will just tell you that 2009 was the 5th warmest on record....since you only seem to be able to be short sighted about these things.

ETA I'm not gonna post on every weather thread that comes up, so consider this your rebuttal for all those future posts that we'll see tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day.

100 degrees aint no thang here in Dallas so if you post it make sure it reflects a record...

and considering the wide spread area this thread covers, please insure you post about high temps accross the globe....

becaus the cold right now is setting records all around the world.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:38 PM

817 posts, read 853,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
But....but.....but......

.....man made global warming will make the winters colder and more snowier....

Global warming can make it colder.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:42 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
Global warming can make it colder.
Right - BBC News - Chief defends Met Office record
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies