Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 11:45 AM

971 posts, read 1,295,030 times

Advertisements

Question to the social/religious conservatives on here:

Why is this behavior "sick"? If God doesn't want us to have sex with pubescent teen-aged girls, then why does He make them fertile?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 11:46 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
Get real. I didn't even know who this person was. Yawn, STREEEETCH.
Don't blame us because you don't keep abreast of the news.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:55 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Get real. I didn't even know who this person was. Yawn, STREEEETCH.
Me neither. The only UN inspector I knew/know anything about is that Hans guy. Blix was it?

Old 01-14-2010, 12:08 PM

Admissions such as yours do not surprise me.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:12 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Don't blame us because you don't keep abreast of the news.
Sanrene, let's keep this in perspective, shall we? People who work for a living & who don't spend their days scouring the internet for any sniglet on anything typically don't know everything about everything, ok?
Quote:
I love how you deliberately didn't quote the post so as not to appear as if you were personally insulting that person. Clever.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Glad to see that happy pill is still working for ya

Old 01-14-2010, 12:17 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverkid View Post
Question to the social/religious conservatives on here:

Why is this behavior "sick"? If God doesn't want us to have sex with pubescent teen-aged girls, then why does He make them fertile?
That's a loaded question. I don't see it as a "God doesn't want us to" issue. I see it as a "i'm a decent man who doesn't believe its right to have sex with a minor" kind of thing. But if you want to get down to it, God does command us to abide by the moral laws of the land to the extent that they don't conflict with God's laws. And in this case, moral laws say its illegal to have sex with a minor.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:21 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Former Chief U.N. Weapons Inspector Scott Ritter Nabbed in Teen Sex Sting - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Former chief United Nations weapons inspector Scott Ritter was arrested in a Pennsylvania sex sting in November on a litany of charges involving a lewd Internet conversation with a person he thought was a 15-year-old girl.
Is it not stupid in this day and time to engage in any kind of lewd chat with a minor online? It would seem that people would learn by now that undercover law enforcement are out there. Is the reward worth the risk? Not in my book. There are no winners in situations like these. His family is probably humiliated to the core.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Sanrene, let's keep this in perspective, shall we? People who work for a living & who don't spend their days scouring the internet for any sniglet on anything typically don't know everything about everything, ok?

I love how you deliberately didn't quote the post so as not to appear as if you were personally insulting that person. Clever.
Scott Ritter was "in the news" more than a few days. He was a central opposition figure on the Iraq war, his comments, speeches, statements were widely held up by the Left against Bush.

If one were to consider themselves well-versed in Iraq war issues, you would have to know about Ritter.

It was not a personal insult..it was an observation.

I Have never "met" so many that are really not "up to speed" with the finer details of the issues.

Last edited by sanrene; 01-14-2010 at 12:48 PM..

Old 01-14-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:

It's okay - I think she's just disappointed at not being able to validate her 'hero of the left' hypothesis.

Makes perfect sense to me that the righties would know who he is though, after all, didn't they keep some kind of 'list' of all the people who were mean to W?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies