Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2010, 04:05 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times

Advertisements

Ok, attack the messenger and have no idea about the message. Many of you will do just that because of the writer of this message. With no knowledge of the message this will happen. Today I heard a group of black people discussing what Reid and every one of them thinks just as I do. Reid screwed up and should be made to pay for his mistake but he has a D after his name.

Well, anyway, I got a lot of laughs out of this purely opinion piece and think that even many of those who don't care for my thinking could do so if they take a chance and read it.

Harry Reid’s Negro Problem - HUMAN EVENTS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 04:23 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,839,921 times
My dad doesn't call people of African American descent Negros. I don't either.

Now what does that statement mean, when taken out of context? All depends on your point of view. What DO you cal them 70Ford? Does your dad call them the same thing? Like father, like son? Or 180 degrees different from each other?

I grew up calling them colored people. That's all I knew. My dad called them something much harsher. I met a guy in the Air Force, who was Black and I happened to use the term "Colored People" and which really, really, really pissed him off. I didn't have a clue as to why. Once he explained it to me, - realizing I had no mean intent - I profusely apologized and have never used the term again. It's a term used to separate White from Non-White. It's just not as harsh. Or maybe it is, depending on your point of view. Might be even harsher, to the right person.

BTW, Ann Coulter is a Hack.

Here's a nugget from that link.

Democrats couldn't win an election without the black vote.

Let's extrapolate. I'd say no one could. However, according to this masterpiece of journalistic brouhaha - it's just Democrats. Republicans obviously can win any election without it. Except, that's not possible. So her statement, while correct is as equally correct for either party. Which makes it sound like Anti-Democratic filler material.

Speaking of which, she denounces Reid's remarks while insinuating that Obama (and all other people of African American descent....) should just get coffee.

If this gets off the ground, "African-Americans for Harry Reid" will be a political juggernaut that cannot be denied. Their motto: "We Will Be Heard -- As Soon As I Get This Gentleman's Coffee."

I know, I know. That's not what she meant. Weird, how some people can see thats not what she meant...but can't see how that's not what Harry Reid meant. Or did he really mean it? And does she. In which case, they're both racially charged bigots.

Blinders. Let me show you them.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
My dad doesn't call people of African American descent Negros. I don't either.

Now what does that statement mean, when taken out of context? All depends on your point of view. What DO you cal them 70Ford? Does your dad call them the same thing? Like father, like son? Or 180 degrees different from each other?

I grew up calling them colored people. That's all I knew. My dad called them something much harsher. I met a guy in the Air Force, who was Black and I happened to use the term "Colored People" and which really, really, really pissed him off. I didn't have a clue as to why. Once he explained it to me, - realizing I had no mean intent - I profusely apologized and have never used the term again. It's a term used to separate White from Non-White. It's just not as harsh. Or maybe it is, depending on your point of view. Might be even harsher, to the right person.

BTW, Ann Coulter is a Hack.

Here's a nugget from that link.

Democrats couldn't win an election without the black vote.

Let's extrapolate. I'd say no one could. However, according to this masterpiece of journalistic brouhaha - it's just Democrats. Republicans obviously can win any election without it. Except, that's not possible. So her statement, while correct is as equally correct for either party. Which makes it sound like Anti-Democratic filler material.

Speaking of which, she denounces Reid's remarks while insinuating that Obama (and all other people of African American descent....) should just get coffee.

If this gets off the ground, "African-Americans for Harry Reid" will be a political juggernaut that cannot be denied. Their motto: "We Will Be Heard -- As Soon As I Get This Gentleman's Coffee."

I know, I know. That's not what she meant. Weird, how some people can see thats not what she meant...but can't see how that's not what Harry Reid meant. Or did he really mean it? And does she. In which case, they're both racially charged bigots.

Blinders. Let me show you them.
I don't mean to hurt your feelings but it appears that you failed to see that Coulter did refer to the fact that Bill Clinton at one time said that just a few years ago these people would have been getting our coffee. That was not her saying that but her citing Clinton saying it.

Thanks for reading the article. I thought you were just another prog when I saw your attack of the very humorous woman. It doesn't happen often so you are going to have to learn from the rest here.

I nearly forgot to say that I grew up calling black people that name your dad used. Mine did also but he would have been 102 years old today if he had lived that long.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:38 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,839,921 times
Yah. Reid's an old man who used an old man's term. I think he's a dinosaur. They eventually died off.
He'll die off, too.

I read all sides and look for nuggets of truth. Too easy to say "la la la, can't hear you" and just ignore it. Reid whould be censured for using that term, sure. Obama basically said No skin off his nose. He probably has greater things to worry about that what some old dude said, I'm sure. It's probably not even on his radar, or might be a remote blip. I think he should worry more about security @ the White House and in America.. more than what Reid said, personally.

Racism, is like sexism. Even if you're not offended, there is always someone to be offended for you, and to state how offended you should be, based on how they feel.

Dems have hacks, too. Obama does no wrong. Gimme a break.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Yah. Reid's an old man who used an old man's term. I think he's a dinosaur. They eventually died off.
He'll die off, too.

I read all sides and look for nuggets of truth. Too easy to say "la la la, can't hear you" and just ignore it. Reid whould be censured for using that term, sure. Obama basically said No skin off his nose. He probably has greater things to worry about that what some old dude said, I'm sure. It's probably not even on his radar, or might be a remote blip. I think he should worry more about security @ the White House and in America.. more than what Reid said, personally.

Racism, is like sexism. Even if you're not offended, there is always someone to be offended for you, and to state how offended you should be, based on how they feel.

Dems have hacks, too. Obama does no wrong. Gimme a break.
It seems that you are alone among those who read that opinion piece. Of course, libs only attack the messenger rather than to read her and discuss what she said.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:02 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,685,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It seems that you are alone among those who read that opinion piece. Of course, libs only attack the messenger rather than to read her and discuss what she said.
It's not just "libs" who dismiss her. Considering some the things she's said in the past, I don't know why any rational person would take her seriously.

There's a reason why even conservative newspapers dropped her column. She's really a fringe-type of character at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies