Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 12:40 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
Internet rule #1: Ignore trolls.

It's funny how the stupidest (and I mean stupidest) threads get all the action.
Apparently we are so flabbergasted by stupidity we have to slow down and gawk ...and comment on how ridiculously ignorant it all is thus adding to the circus.

I do it too by the way.
Me too... great way to put it.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
A "race" subcategory would make the politics board much more enjoyable.
agree... thin it out a lot.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:55 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
nice try but try using science and not info to support that blacks and hispanics are sub-humans compared to whites.

In fact many scientists believe that all humans can be linked to a single ancestor from 150,000 years ago.
Lets pretend we did share an ancestor 150,000 years ago, what does that really mean? How much different can we be after 150,000 years?

The simplest way to tell is by looking at human beings compared to our closest relative, the neanderthal. How much of an age difference is there between humans and neanderthals? How much different are we than neanderthals? That is still somewhat debateable, but most scientists figure the human/neanderthal split somewhere between 300,000 to 400,000 years ago.

Genetic study of Neanderthal DNA reveals early split between humans and Neanderthals

Lets make it more visual, so we can see what we are really dealing with.

According to this chart, neanderthals and humans split about 400,000 years ago. Modern humans appeared about 190,000 years ago.

Modern humans can trace back a single ancestor to somewhere between 166,000 to 249,000 years ago. So, human beings have been split from each other for a very long time. Genetically we should be somewhere between 25% to 50% as different from each other, as we are different from neanderthals. Unless you believe that evolution completely stopped 150,000 years ago.

Heres a chart showing genetic variance between each race.

Which group of people are the most dissimilar from each other?

Quote:
so what????? they can determine if you are asian too....do you have a point?
The point wasn't to pinpoint one particular group, it was to show that there are huge differences between groups. To believe there are none would simply be race denial in the face of scientific evidence.

Quote:
like 50% of the "politics" threads are about race and how one is superior. it's really old. plus facts don't deter ignorant people
I never necessarily said any race is superior, only that each race is different, and each race has its own strengths and weaknesses. To believe that race is only skin deep would be voluntary ignorance. I believe we should respect our differences rather than pretend none exist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1ePI...layer_embedded

And if you think only white people are worried about the onslaught of immigration, racial admixture, and their falling birthrates. Think again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIYQ_...eature=related

All races want to preserve their cultural and heritage, it isn't just white people. By encouraging the fallacy that race doesn't exist, it leads to us destroying each other. And the strengths and abilities of each separate race will disappear, to be left with mediocrity in everyone.

If you want to listen to a black man that loves and defends his race, listen to Alan Keyes. He believes abortion aims to hurt the black community. He despises illegal immigration. And he is a very very smart man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyPBh...eature=related

Old 01-18-2010, 03:23 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
^^^^ Evolution, genetics, it's all very interesting but nothing that you've posted has proven that one race is intellectually superior to another. Is that what you are attempting to prove?

Old 01-18-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
^^^^ Evolution, genetics, it's all very interesting but nothing that you've posted has proven that one race is intellectually superior to another. Is that what you are attempting to prove?
Mmmm but of course.

"Big pictures are right!" - all the Ralph Wiggums who post here

Old 01-18-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
One thing that always bothered me in my travels in life, is that by simply small-talking with people, its difficult to really gauge their intelligence level. Most people have a large amount of general knowledge, and their communication skills probably far exceed my own. I am an extremely bad speaker.

I could never understand how these people who seemed very intelligent to me, could score so poorly on tests, and how they had such a low IQ. My best friend growing up was in remedial math classes all through junior high and high school. And he struggled even in those classes. But if you were to just talk to him, you would think he had at least a normal IQ, if not above normal. He has a better memory, and talks much more clearly than I do.

So what is intelligence? How do scientists gauge intelligence? How do people guage intelligence?

Human Intelligence: Arthur Jensen

Quote:
"Jensen’s interest in this topic began when one of his graduate students noted that the white special education students he was working with appeared to be more genuinely “retarded” than the students from minority groups who had been placed in special education. In fact, it seemed to Jensen’s student that whereas the white children functioned at a low level both inside and outside the classroom, the minority children sometimes appeared “quite indistinguishable in every way from children of normal intelligence, except in their scholastic performance and in their performance on a variety of standard IQ tests (Jensen, 1974, p. 222).” Jensen’s student wanted to know if there were any “culture-free” intelligence tests that might explain the differences he observed in his students. This question spurred several experiments, and the results persuaded Jensen that standard g-loaded intelligence tests are fairly good measures of intellectual ability, and that racial differences in average IQ scores are not due to any “culture unfairness” intrinsic to the tests. Jensen articulated evidence to support these views in his 1969 article."
How could these white kids that seemed retarded, have the same scholastic performance as a black kid that seemed perfectly normal? The reason is because there are multiple parts of intelligence.

Quote:
Jensen accepts Spearman's idea of a general factor in human intelligence, and his own theory divides intelligence into two distinct sets of abilities: Level I abilities account for memory functions and simple associative learning, and Level II abilities comprise abstract reasoning and conceptual thought. Jensen concluded from his research that Level I abilities are equally-distributed among the races, whereas white and Asian students demonstrate advantages in tests of Level II abilities. Since Level II abilities appear to be more important for success in school, white and Asian children are at an advantage (Fancher, 1985).
Basically, memory and communication skills are equal across races. So even a black with a relatively low IQ, will still seem to be normal by just talking to them. They will be able to remember things just fine, and they can even be extremely articulate, they can be great actors and musicians, they could give amazing speeches. The problem is, they are at a disadvantage when it comes to abstract reasoning and conceptual thought. Abstract reasoning and conceptual thought are things that cannot just be simply remembered. It is the ability to basically "figure things out" on your own.

Its simple to see this concept when we look at black and white IQ scores. The blacks in Africa are believed to have an IQ of only 70. If a white person had an IQ of 70 they would be considered mentally retarded. But the blacks in Africa do not appear to be mentally retarded, because their memories and social skills are at a perfectly normal range.

We know that IQ tests tend to focus more on type 2 intelligence, so blacks who have an IQ of 85(the average for African-Americans) would have perfectly normal communication and memory skills, and they would appear far more intelligent than a white or asian that had the same or a slightly higher IQ.

Memory, physical ability, and social skills are sufficient for almost every avenue in life. Even politicians can do well with just these three abilities, as long as they have their talking points memorized, and they can communicate those well. Where Abstract reasoning and conceptual thought are important, is in science and math. Which is why these fields tend to be extremely loaded with Asians and Whites. And which also explains why, once science and technology became the factor that created the power of a civilization, that certain groups seem to be incapable of keeping up.

Behavior: The Return of Arthur Jensen - TIME

One last thing I want to mention though is, the average black IQ in this country is improving, and African-Americans score far better on IQ tests than their African cousins. But the typical African-American in the United States is more than 20% European, and that number is increasing, as the percentage of interracial relationships and marriages has been rising sharply.

So what are the math score differential between races?

Damn those asians.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 01-18-2010 at 06:04 PM..

Old 01-18-2010, 05:58 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
redshadowz you need another hobby this one is LAME

Old 01-18-2010, 05:59 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,766,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Lets pretend we did share an ancestor 150,000 years ago, what does that really mean? How much different can we be after 150,000 years?
let the back peddling begin. You sure have an amazing amout of info on hand for someone who does not believe in race superiority.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:15 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
redshadowz you need another hobby this one is LAME
LOL

Quote:
let the back peddling begin. You sure have an amazing amout of info on hand for someone who does not believe in race superiority.
So true...he has to be a SF regular. Same ****, different day.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
It depends on what you mean by superiority? Are you meaning that one race is superior in every conceivable fashion? Do you mean that one race is always superior at a single activity? Or do you mean that certain races on average tend to perform better at specific tasks?

Honestly, I feel kind of badly because I am probably not doing the world any favors by preaching in threads like this.

But I absolutely despise dishonesty, and it bothers me that society tries to hide the truth because it is controversial. I would much rather someone tell me the truth than be lied to all of my life, and once I find out the truth, I become bitter because I wonder what other lies I have been led to believe.

In the movie 1984, the goal was to manipulate people by changing history to read along their political agendas. Americans have a long history of changing history to be as they want it to be. All of American history is an extreme exaggeration of reality. Which is used to control the masses, especially in fostering a sense of patriotism, which is politically used for all kinds of acts of evil. A good example of this is the Iraq war, and the general attitude of "if you aren't with us you're against us" that was pervasive during Bush's 8 years.

And political correctness has also stymied the free flow of ideas. Anything that contradicts the equality PC doctrine is attacked and dismissed. But lets pretend that blacks were just as smart as others, but their brains worked differently than whites, so they should be given different kinds of scholastic instructions than whites.

Well political correctness tries to imply some ridiculous idea that we are all the same, so everything must be done the exact same way for everyone.

I can guarantee you the number of calories we should eat varies from race to race, and so probably does the types of vitamins and minerals we need. So we should probably be eating different kinds of foods. Blacks and asians have a much higher probability of being lactose intollerant than whites. But the FDA doesn't create separate daily requirements by race, and it doesn't create a different food pyramid by race, because that would create the perception that there are racial differences.

There are medicines that respond differently to different groups, and some races are more predisposed to certain diseases. These are all scientific facts, but that get pushed to the side for the sake of the fallacy known as racial equality.

All that race denial does, is hope that eventually we will all be so mixed that race will no longer exist. No one actually believes that multiple races should exist in the same area. Multi-culturalism does not create long-term cultural identities, as people start mixing, identities of all parties are lost. Unless these identities are constantly fought for, groups will eventually assimilate under the overall culture. And those people calling for cultural preservation are constantly being attacked by the multi-cultural crowd. Which doesn't provide for any long-term semblance of any truly distinct cultures.

The reason race denying is important, is because of globalism. In a truly globalist society, we should all speak the same language, we should all be the same people(race/mixture), we should all have the same culture, and we should all have the same religion(usually the goal is athiesm, that is how the communists created religious unity, by destroying religion).

Theres a saying that goes something like "The people who hate nature, are the ones who are least likely to hurt it."

How can that be? Wouldn't the people who hate nature be the ones calling for its destruction? The truth is, the people who love nature are the ones that live in the country, they clear the land, and destroy the habitat. By loving nature and wanting to be in it, they are actually destroying it. The people who hate nature live in the cities and refuse to go anywhere near nature.

By trying to mix cultures together, you are actually destroying cultures. If you really love cultures, then go visit them or don't visit them, just read about them, don't bring them here. And don't expect them to conform to American culture if you do go there.

Globalism is the new word, but is globalism really necessary? I would say no. Globalism is pushed hard by international corporations who want to expand their markets to maximize profits. These international corporations become "too big to fail", and end up controlling our politics. If we want to encourage small-business growth(which creates the majority of jobs in this country) and the entrepreneurial spirit, we should be discouraging globalism as much as possible.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 01-18-2010 at 07:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies