Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama voters only. Did you know he wanted HC reform
YES 39 86.67%
NO 5 11.11%
Did not notice 1 2.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 05:41 PM

298 posts, read 998,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Cutting fraud in Medicare along with the savings due to increased preventative care which greatly reduces diseases, illnesses and catches them sooner which makes it much cheaper to treat. Increasing taxes on the middle class for this is nothing other than a made up right wing scare tactic and lie.
Cutting "fraud"? I'll believe it when I see it (which will be never).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 05:43 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,867,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samstersmom View Post
You seem to have taken quite a stance on this for someone who can't figure it out.

Yeah, I do. I trust them ( Congressional Budget Office etc. ) much more than your predictions

Old 01-18-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Yeah, I do. I trust them ( Congressional Budget Office etc. ) much more than your predictions
I guess we will see who is right soon enough. I better go out and find a third job now so I can afford more taxes.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:52 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
I guess we will see who is right soon enough. I better go out and find a third job now so I can afford more taxes.
The question has been asked many times and never answered what is the republican plan and why was is not done during the bush years. I seem to recall Gore and bush saying HC was in of changing back in 2k

Old 01-18-2010, 05:54 PM

757 posts, read 803,070 times
My insurance premiums have gone up every year for the last 5. Our deductibles also have risen to where they are now $2500. That is through a company insurance plan. A small business of less than 25 people. The cost of health insurance is a huge issue especially to small businesses. Many can not afford to offer insurance any more simply because it consumes too much of the bottom line. Those that still do must resort to cutting benefits in order to afford it. Doing nothing is not an option.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:56 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Default BentBow

BentBow I think you misread the thread I typed Obama voters Obama voters your excused

Old 01-18-2010, 05:56 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
I don't listen to Rush. It's just basic economics and common sense that this health plan is not going to work and is going to cost "all" of us a fortune.
Basic economics? I would be interested in hearing how you come to that. It is true that people will have increasing premiums of 8-10% per year, as they have been for some time. When the effects of the reform start being felt, those premium increases will be less, but they will still be driven by increasing costs. They will continue to climb, but at a slower rate. In the interim, many more people will be able to purchase insurance and there will be many who can't afford insurance but will have access to care. There are also plans to try to slow down the rate of increasing costs. But in the long, this country will eventually get to a point where it has to go all out in minimizing the impact these costs have on the Economy. The only option many of you are promoting will result in fewer and fewer people, perhaps even yourselves, not being able to pay for care. I don't think many of you would like walking in the shoes you seem to be so readily in favor of forcing others to wear.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:57 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I want to know who voted for the President that was not aware he was going to try to reform HC. I keep hearing the right say everyone hates HC reform I just dont believe people who voted for the President feel this way. This is going to be a public poll so no tricks gop I will see you and I know who most of you are
I'm stupefied by how any voter could vote no on this poll in light that all candidates had their particular brand of health care reform in hand. This includes McCain. Were you people napping?

I don't think the right hates HC reform. I think they, and indies, are profoundly disappointed by what legislators are trying to call a solution. A poll done with various party being identified asking the question-- "does health care in America need reform" would approach unanimity. How we go about things is a cat of another stripe, and something even liberals themselves are crying foul about. Rightfully so.

Let the better plans prevail, not party ideology, or special interest oligarchy dominating the nation. Both are killing us.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
The question has been asked many times and never answered what is the republican plan and why was is not done during the bush years. I seem to recall Gore and bush saying HC was in of changing back in 2k
To answer your question: CNSNews.com - Republicans Have Offered Three Alternative Health Care Reform Bills (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/52896 - broken link)

Old 01-18-2010, 06:08 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
To answer your question: CNSNews.com - Republicans Have Offered Three Alternative Health Care Reform Bills (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/52896 - broken link)
ZERO of those bills actually address the issue of those without insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies