Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you support the South seceding from the Union?
Yes, strongly support 88 33.08%
Yes, support 30 11.28%
Don't care either way 33 12.41%
No, oppose 17 6.39%
No, strongly oppose 98 36.84%
Voters: 266. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 03:38 PM

749 posts, read 2,439,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
I never said I was a northerner.

Did your son live in New Jersey for a year? Did he associate with people from New Jersey for three years?

Of course I'm prejudiced against the south. I freely admit it. Any region of the country with such an appalling history of racism and violence and backwards thinking deserves whatever bigotry comes their way.

As a region you are ignorant. Every measurable national statistic proves it. You are the only region of the country that considers education to be suspicious and untrustworthy. That's why a demagogue like Sarah Palin - that drops her 'g's' from the end of every verb is so popular with you.
I guess that explains why the first 7 dates on her book tour were all Northern Cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 03:47 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
First of all, my personal information is none of your business. I would no more list relevant facts about myself on an internet board than I would willingly move to Redneck, Mississippi.

I never claimed I was particularly smart. You don't need to be particuarly smart to recognize what an embarrassment the south is to this nation and how we would be infinitely better off without them.

What I will tell you is that I spent a year in Georgia while in the military. It was the longest year of my life. I learned everything I needed to know about the 'peculiar' lifestyle of the south while stationed there.

Ignorant racist redneck hicks. Please, please - go form your own country!
By the same token, I can believe that "big city" Yankees are worthless and need to get out of the country. Boston, Chicago, New York...my experience with these types of people has been negative thus far, yet I'm not willing to toss ALL of them out yet. Now, they don't come from my state, so I'd prefer it if they all stayed out. I don't even like it when people come here from other counties in the same state. I think people should stay in the place they were born for their entire lives.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Except those in the South are pompous, judgemental, boorish, racist, and dumb. A hard combination to beat.

I've explained many times why I find the South to be a national joke. They are ignorant and they are arrogant. The worst combination possible.

Oh, and did I mention racist?
And I'm in the South--grew up here--and I'm not racist. So that kills your argument right there.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Wrong on almost every count. You can't avoid Andersonville. It's yours. The south's offers of 'prisoner exchange' were a joke.

Any southerner with half an ounce of conscience should look at those pictures of the Andersonville 'survivors' and weep that his people were capable of that kind of barbarism. Instead, you celebrate it.

As for Sherman, he had exactly the right approach to warfare. Destroy your enemy's infrastructure and you destroy his ability to wage war. You want to rebel against the United States, kill American soldiers, and commit treason - be prepared to pay the price.
And Camp Douglas is yours. I erroneously referred to it as Fort Douglas before. Sherman's yours, too.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:26 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,226,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
And Camp Douglas is yours. I erroneously referred to it as Fort Douglas before. Sherman's yours, too.
Thank you, Camp Douglas. I said Camp Casey in a previous post. I'm not sure why, must have Korea on my mind. lol.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:54 PM

I'm sure you haven't met many racists at all.

Most people judge people as individuals. A small group does not. I treat whites just as well as I do Hispanics, Asians, or blacks. I'm not particularly interested in having personal relationships with ANY of them--I'm a loner. But I treat ALL people with respect, without regard to their race, religion, or any other characteristic they have.

Two of my girlfriends have been disabled. Would you consider dating someone who was disabled?

Old 01-30-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
If rebel prisoners got tough treatment at the hands of the north, it's hardly surprising. They were rebels and traitors. What else did they expect?
As were the disloyal colonists who fought to give birth to our nation in the first place.

We should still be a colony of Britain, with your line of reasoning.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:59 PM

536 posts, read 414,086 times
Quote:
If rebel prisoners got tough treatment at the hands of the north, it's hardly surprising. They were rebels and traitors. What else did they expect?
Guarantees in the constitution the right to secede. So rethink your argument slick.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:00 PM

536 posts, read 414,086 times
Quote:
Another graduate of the University of Bad Analogies, I see.
Love how you skipped around that entire reply. Good job! Another thumbs up for liberal thinking.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Another graduate of the University of Bad Analogies, I see.
What makes it a bad analogy? Treason is treason, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies