Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2010, 07:29 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,086,760 times

Advertisements

Approval Typically Falls 5 Points in a President's Second Year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 07:38 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,308,476 times
Preemptive strike on imminent approval FAIL. Dubya, is that you?

Old 01-20-2010, 07:40 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,086,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Preemptive strike on imminent approval FAIL. Dubya, is that you?
Dubya's approval ratings actually skyrocketed in year 2.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:42 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,662,426 times
I think we have had some manufactured approval so approval means absolutely nothing to me.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:45 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,308,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Dubya's approval ratings actually skyrocketed in year 2.
I'm asking if you're Dubya because you sound like him with the link suggesting that "we have to attack them before they attack us"

Old 01-20-2010, 08:36 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,074,974 times
Most Presidents don't try to shove through massive amounts of big changes, though. I think what this President tried to pull in his first year was shocking.

Obama's first year made me think of a poll that they used to (they may still do it) give taxpayers year after year. What the results used to turn up, year after year, was that everyone's number one issue was that taxpayers were treated the same/fairness. I have to believe with the:

undercover work going on in the White House (what are they hiding?), after promises of transparency

sweetheart deals with unions and lobbyists but other pay,

bribes for votes in Congress (Louisiana and Nebraska),

bailouts for thee and not for me,

banks who didn't take any government money having a tax proposed for them the same as the banks that did take taxpayer money,

if you don't subscribe to cap and trade, I'll go around you with the EPA,

it's okay to organize and protest if it's the things we're for but you're astroturf if you speak your mind and protest about things that concern you,

targeting Fox News while sucking up to NBC (government contracts),

hiring tax cheats while punishing John Doe tax cheats,

unions being exempt from taxes everyone else pays,

no tort reform with healthcare reform because lawyers are big contributors to the Democrat party,

grandma gets a pain pill while everyone else gets better treatment,

bending over backwards to be fair to terrorists and giving a free pass to the Black Panthers in PA.

...I have to believe the same people that think "fairness" is important see the unfairness now and and are reacting to it.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:41 AM

32,845 posts, read 19,525,151 times
I accept the numbers from the article, what it fails to mention is that President Obama has has the biggest drop in approval DURING the FIRST yaer...so I expect his 2nd year drop to be just a little more than average (although because of his heavy 1st year drop, he might even get a gain in the 2nd year)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies