Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 09:55 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,738 times

Advertisements

Actually, if all who engage in criminal activity or immoral behavior would just be banned from playing ball, we'd have a different demographic among players. There would still be black ballplayers, but there would be fewer of them. Among both whites and minorities, there would be a much higher class of player. I have no problem with the race of the players but I sure am getting sick of all the disgusting immoral and criminal activity that gets treated with a wink and a nod and a meaningless fine and it's undeniable that there is more criminal activity among the black athletes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 10:33 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Who says that racism still exists?
That stopped in the 1960s

An NBA The KKK Would Love? Promoter Touts Whites-Only Basketball League - The Two-Way : NPR

All-American Basketball League call for all-white, American-born teams sparks backlash: Report

Whites-Only Basketball League Formed; "People of Color" Need Not Apply

White Promoter Pushes For All-White Basketball League | News One

A Georgia boxing and wrestling promoter is establishing an all-White basketball league,
saying it’s time to restore “sanity” and “fundamentals” to a game that has been hijacked by undisciplined thugs.
crazy! Crazy! in 2010? What fan would support this?

Old 03-27-2010, 10:44 PM

504 posts, read 457,087 times
Go right ahead the free-market will decide if the league is viable. Its 2010 aint no one begging to sit at no damn wal-greens table or sit at the front of the bus. People have the RIGHT to be ignorant and limit themselves.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:12 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Wouldn't it be funny, if they made money with melanin challenged players?

That's the whole point with sports entertainment - selling tickets.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:37 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Too many of these stupid Race Bait Threads. I don't want Racism to exist, but it does, on every level. Why constantly bring these kind of threads up. I see many different faces in basketball, cannot help it if some guys are just better at it then others. Go Lakers! Best Record only team without double digit losses.
The best way to pull the plug on these race-baiting threads is for us reasonable folks to quit responding. Once the race-baiting trolls fail to gain the responses they were looking for, they will soon become bored and go back to Stormfront or whatever rock they crawled out from under.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:47 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Back in the 50’s, when basketball players actually WERE white, I remember reading an article in the newspaper where the writer thought that Jews were going to take over the game because they were “clever, wiley, could be pushy, and once they got the ball, they wouldn’t let go of it”.
Iverson is Jewish?

Old 03-28-2010, 02:55 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,163 times
Yeah, they are free to do it just as I am free to say they are just part of the problem.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:35 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Man, you are so right! It's gotten so bad that a white person hardly has a chance to get a job, get an education, or buy a house.

And try to get elected to office? Forget it! Those legally sanctioned discriminators wouldn't even let a white person become President in 2008.

And if you're male, it's twice as bad. You can barely turn on C-SPAN without seeing hordes of qualified males who are blocked from serving in Congress because of the sexist female quotas.

Even in sports. What are the odds of seeing a professional male athlete? They may be out there, but They must keep them well-hidden because I've sure never heard of one.

It's just as bad in the professions. If you want a chance to go to a white male lawyer, doctor, or dentist you'll have to search long and hard to find one. And then if you do wind up having to go to court, how can a white man ever hope for justice when there is virtually no chance that his case will be heard by a white male judge?

Thanks for pointing this out.

Signed,

Another oppressed white male

Outcome = opportunity?

The white daddy's boys aren't the ones I'm concerned about. They have their lot in life and no one takes it away. I'm concerned about the poor white kids who through no fault of their own grow up poor and likely fatherless. Affirmative Action doesn't hit the daddy's boy. Even if he faces legalized discrimination because of his race and gender, the money is already in the bank. He will still have medical school paid for by his parents and if he's too stupid to make it through a traditional medical school here, his wealthy parents will simply send his dumb butt to one in the Caribbean. It doesn't matter. He won't run out of opportunities because his parents won't run out of money. Affirmative Action cannot harm him. The one it harms, and the only one it harms, is the poor white male whose only crime was to have the nerve to be born white, male and poor. He is cursed for life.

That you don't seem to care about this person reveals your bigotry.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:02 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,326,665 times
I swear I did not want to jump in here...but so your saying 'young white males are cursed for life?'

I think even other young white males would totally disagree with you on that one...

I've been around plenty of young white guys...grew up with them, went to school with them, and watched them go on to much success.. and none of them ever displayed such a bleek outlook for their own lives, as you have painted above...

And like any other person or induvisual, each climbed their way out of whatever situation they were in, by making smart decisions, whether military or working their way through college or sports or just working a job...or starting their own business, starting a family...ect ect...

Many young white males are Christians and would tell you 'their blessed', and put their faith in God...

I'm sorry, I just don't see young white males or any other males, in modern times, as inheriting conditions so bad they can't rise up, out and above from...

(at least not in America or Canada)

Old 03-28-2010, 12:26 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Who says that racism still exists?
That stopped in the 1960s

An NBA The KKK Would Love? Promoter Touts Whites-Only Basketball League - The Two-Way : NPR

All-American Basketball League call for all-white, American-born teams sparks backlash: Report

Whites-Only Basketball League Formed; "People of Color" Need Not Apply

White Promoter Pushes For All-White Basketball League | News One

A Georgia boxing and wrestling promoter is establishing an all-White basketball league,
saying it’s time to restore “sanity” and “fundamentals” to a game that has been hijacked by undisciplined thugs.

Idont have a problem with it!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies