Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 12:57 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Yes. Peopel call everybody a "racist". Failed a test? Racist. Looked at somebody the wrong way? Racist.
It's too bad that the word has lost it's original meaning and now no longer really dosen't mean anthing.
I've even heard people say that if you're a white guy and you place a personal ad that says that you prefer white women (or white men), you must be a racist. It's crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 01:01 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Oh, poor you! Don't worry, maybe someday the Black Miss America Pageant will let you compete..

Maybe we should start with white females.

I won't turn my nose up at one of those construction jobs though.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:03 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,529,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The word "racist" is thrown around way too often. To say that an all-white group is "racist" assumes that the organization believes that the white race is superior to all others. That's quite a leap, unless you know it's actually true.

And for the same reasons, I don't see how Black Entertainment Television or Miss Black America are racist. Even if they exclude non-blacks, that doesn't mean they're racist organizations.

And the idea that La Raza and Telemundo are racist is really a stretch. "Latino" isn't even a race.
I agree that the term racist is used far too frequently these days. And honestly, just about everyone everyone is a little racist to some degree. But even if the guy behind this league if not a hardcore racist, he does have some fairly suspect motivations behind his reasoning.

Quote:
“With players on other professional teams carrying guns, attacking fans in the stands, and going through the motions of playing the game, fundamentally sound [W]hite players are a vanishing species."

“Fans have spoken to the AABA asking to restore on court sanity to the game of basketball. Their pleas are our mission. Only players that are natural born United States citizens with both parents of Caucasian race are eligible to play in the league.”

In an interview with Scott Michaux of The Augusta (Ga.) Chronicle, Lewis rejected the notion that his new league has anything to do with racism. He said it’s more about restoring the game to the way it was before it was saturated with African Americans.

“It’s because of the fact that natural athleticism of people of color is different,” Lewis said. “They can make up for their shortfall in fundamentals with their natural athleticism. And coaches look for the quickest way to win, so they go for natural athleticism instead of the fundamentals from a White player. Is it a coaching problem? To a certain degree, but a lot of it is the culture."

So there aren't any black players who can play the fundamentals of basketball? I guess being athletic does give you an unfair advantage in sports.. Nice try...

Old 01-21-2010, 01:04 PM

1,895 posts, read 3,417,271 times
the bottom line here is, it's a free country. this douche has just as much right to create his own all white basketball league, as the asian has a right to create his own all asian ping pong league.

the problem is, making money...

Old 01-21-2010, 01:46 PM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
The NFL REQUIRES that a black MUST be interviwed for any open coaching job.

The NBA should be required to interview a white man.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:48 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,302,693 times
A Southerner from Georgia is promoting a racist sports league

Old 01-21-2010, 01:52 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
And how would these be any more racist than the Miss Black USA, Black Entertainment Television, Congressional Black Caucus, etc, etc?

But-but-but

That is different.

No wonder I have BET erased from my TV.

I don't like racist television so I had to eliminate BET from my TV.

What amount the negro college fund, whites do not get to apply? Why not?

NBA-

Full of fast, high jumping brainless men.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:53 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,864,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
A Southerner from Georgia is promoting a racist sports league
I know...funny....just like a black man from DC/Baltimore promoting a racist TV channel...BET. Go figure.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:58 PM

20,050 posts, read 20,867,177 times
If there was no more racism we'd only have 8,673 other things to complain about.
We might get bored easier.

I do agree that light skinned people of European origin do get more crap if they try to do anything that only includes like individuals. Planned or unplanned.
Whatever. It is what it is.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I've even heard people say that if you're a white guy and you place a personal ad that says that you prefer white women (or white men), you must be a racist. It's crazy.
You are so right. Having a racial preference doesn't make you a racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies