Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 02:11 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,309,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
I know...funny....just like a black man from DC/Baltimore promoting a racist TV channel...BET. Go figure.
I forgot Blacks are the majority in this country and the race in power. It's completely the same
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 02:15 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,690,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I forgot Blacks are the majority in this country
So, when whites are the minority in this country, will it then be okay to have an all-white basketball league?

Can a minority be a racist, or is that a label that is reserved only for whites (or whoever is in the majority)?

Old 01-21-2010, 02:19 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,309,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
But-but-but

That is different.

No wonder I have BET erased from my TV.

I don't like racist television so I had to eliminate BET from my TV.

What amount the negro college fund, whites do not get to apply? Why not?

NBA-

Full of fast, high jumping brainless men.
I love racist TV. I grew up watching it pre-1990's when the only minorities in film or television were token characters. Yeah, that dumb political correctness idea in the early 1990's started to introduce minorities in the entertainment industry. I liked it much better when Erik Estrada, a Mexican, couldn't play a Mexican cop and had to be an Italian so whites would watch the show. That is quality TV

Old 01-21-2010, 02:19 PM

59 posts, read 121,021 times
Why is it that blacks are allowed to have BET and African American newspapers? I'm in college and there are plenty of African American only groups, they even have an office dedicated to only helping blacks. I don't get how that isn't racist. Can I start a whites only club? A White Entertainment Television station? No, because then I will be called a racist. Blacks are more racist than whites, always pitying themselves and wanting nothing but handouts. Blacks need to empower themselves. Say no to special treatment. If you want to be treated equally, then you need to treat yourselves equally amongst other races.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:26 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,690,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omckenzie710 View Post
Why is it that blacks are allowed to have BET and African American newspapers?
"Allowed"? It's called capitalism. Are you suggesting that the government should ban them because they focus on black issues?

Quote:
I'm in college and there are plenty of African American only groups, they even have an office dedicated to only helping blacks. I don't get how that isn't racist.
They might be discriminating against non-blacks, but that doesn't mean they're racists. There is a difference.

Quote:
Can I start a whites only club? A White Entertainment Television station?
Yes, you can.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:29 PM

73,067 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omckenzie710 View Post
Why is it that blacks are allowed to have BET and African American newspapers? I'm in college and there are plenty of African American only groups, they even have an office dedicated to only helping blacks. I don't get how that isn't racist. Can I start a whites only club? A White Entertainment Television station? No, because then I will be called a racist. Blacks are more racist than whites, always pitying themselves and wanting nothing but handouts. Blacks need to empower themselves. Say no to special treatment. If you want to be treated equally, then you need to treat yourselves equally amongst other races.
Ther reason there isn't a "White Entertainment Television" or the like, or "White History Month" is because "White" culture is the default and the normative for the USA, the majority. You don't really have to name it, because it sort just is.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:40 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,870,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I forgot Blacks are the majority in this country and the race in power. It's completely the same
My partner is gay, Jew, male. He is really a minority. So then it would be OK for him to have a gay, Jew, male business or league or organization and turn black people away. He is in the minority compared to black people. I'll let him know as an even smaller minority, he can exclude the black minority. It won't be racism on his part since he is even a smaller minority.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:43 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,108,167 times
Default ‘Whites only' basketball league announced

Is a new professional basketball league announced this week for real, or is it all just some sort of joke or publicity stunt by former pro wrestling promoter Don "Moose" Lewis?

The Augusta Chronicle reported on Tuesday that the All-American Basketball Alliance plans to kick off its inaugural season in June and hopes that Augusta will be one of 12 cities to host teams.
But here's the kicker: According to a press release the newspaper and other Augusta media outlets received from the new league, "only players that are natural-born United State citizens with both parents of Caucasian race are eligible to play in the league."

‘Whites only' basketball league announced *| ajc.com

Old 01-21-2010, 02:43 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,870,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Ther reason there isn't a "White Entertainment Television" or the like, or "White History Month" is because "White" culture is the default and the normative for the USA, the majority. You don't really have to name it, because it sort just is.

MLK stood for equality. Equality means just that....equal. If black people can have the Congressional Black Caucus, then white people can have the Congressional White Caucus. That is the definition of equality and that is what MLK stood for. Congressional Asian Caucus, Congressional Latin Caucus, Congressional Female Caucus, Congressional Gay Caucus....everybody can have one....everybody is equal.

Old 01-21-2010, 03:08 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,691,260 times
I think this White only basketball might be entertaining if they lower the goal to like eight feet, there's gotta be dunking , and anyway, I thought BET was white owned Just like all the Black NBA players........I love race threads, you guys make it too easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies