Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 01:55 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
In many states, doctors or hospitals cannot treat a minor child without the permission of the parent or guardian unless it is a life threatening situation. Abortion is a medical proceedure.
Yet Californians continue to vote down parental notification laws so parents don't even need to be notified when their daughter is having an invasive medical procedure. It's a shame. What if the teenage girl forgets (or is not aware) that they are allergic to penicillan or some other antibiotic and the abortion doctor prescribes it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 01:56 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtjared View Post
Don't you get it?? Its not the woman's body, there's a baby in there that they are denying life to. What if your mother had aborted you??
If this is what you believe, then don't have an abortion. But, don't expect everyone to believe as you do.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I've been personally against abortion. Numbers of abortion or unwanted pregancies would go down with an increased use of condoms. Combine condoms with bc pills and you get to virtually 100% chance no pregnancy will occur. I was a teen in the 80s and even back then we used condoms. Then again, back then being told you have aids was a death sentence.
It still is a death sentence and the threat of catching aids should never be taken lightly. Yes, medicines have improved and life is prolonged but folks still die of aids-related complications.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:59 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
...but think NOTHING about the brutality of an abortion procedure on a helpless pre-born baby.
This is the fundamental difference between pro-life and pro-choice supporters. I DO think abortions are brutal. I DO think abortions for unwanted pregnancies are immoral. None of this matters however because I have no right to make decisions for other women regarding what is best for her, only she knows. A woman has the right under the law to decide what is the best decision for herself and her family, and I will fight to defend that right.

Old 01-23-2010, 02:01 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,277,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
The best thing about any health care reform though is that abortion will never be covered... make these (generally) irresponsible women pay for that themselves
Yeah those rape or incest victims sure are irresponsible aren't they?

Old 01-23-2010, 02:01 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
This is the fundamental difference between pro-life and pro-choice supporters. I DO think abortions are brutal. I DO think abortions for unwanted pregnancies are immoral. None of this matters however because I have no right to make decisions for other women regarding what is best for her, only she knows. A woman has the right under the law to decide what is the best decision for herself and her family, and I will fight to defend that right.
Then do you support child abuse or the killing of older children? If the same woman decides to let her child live, and later wants to apply lit cigarettes to it's arms and legs, or beat the child to death, it's still her body and her family.

Old 01-23-2010, 02:03 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
And -- all along the baby has it's own body. It's not the mother's own life she's destroying but the life of her baby. To say that the baby is nothing but the mother's same body is completely medically ridiculous, the baby has it's own organs, it's own skin, it's own blood supply, it's own DNA. It's the baby's body that she chooses to destroy.

Old 01-23-2010, 02:04 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Then do you support child abuse or the killing of older children? If the same woman decides to let her child live, and later wants to apply lit cigarettes to it's arms and legs, or beat the child to death, it's still her body and her family.
How is that within the confines of the law? Re-read my post.

Old 01-23-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Who's fighting for the little life inside of the woman who opts for an abortion? Does that little life even count? I realize that many pro-choicers are personally against abortion such as you but since when did our country ever get to the point where it is legal to brutally exterminate a a little, helpless life? When did Americans become so calloused where women's rights revolved around this barbaric practice? We are appalled when we hear about senseless murders of children on TV but barely bat an eyelash or shed a tear over the deliberate killing of the unborn.

Old 01-23-2010, 02:05 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
These religious nutcases can march until the roosters come home. It is not going to change a thing. Abortion is here to stay. They can fill the whole Congress, Senate and White House with Republicans and abortion will still be a fundamental right because the American people want it to be a right. And in this country it needs to be a right. This is a horrible place to try and have kids if you are not rich.
Then why should a woman in that position not willingly give the child over to adoption and have her tubes tied rather than to choose to have that life, which she most likely willingly played a role in creating, aborted upon demand? Because she might be inconvenienced for another 8 months?

Really, in this day and age, there few excuses outside of rape and incest, for any girl/woman of reproductive age who is sexually active, not to be practicing effective contraception control (as well as her sexual partners) if she does not want children.

Proactive prevention beats reactive murder every day of the week.

".....that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights: among these are life,... ."

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 01-23-2010 at 02:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies