Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The Confederate Flag is a symbol of:
Racism, slavery, and segregation 129 49.62%
Southern culture, history, and freedom 131 50.38%
Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 03:55 PM

646 posts, read 801,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLove View Post
Okay..thanks for all the random Lincoln quotes. Lincoln a native KENTUCKIAN which is the SOUTH said those words.

Hmm I wonder what it is that WHITES could have done to make blacks react negatively toward them. I wonder why...

Mary post was racist as well, but of course you neo-confederates will do everything in your power to defend slavery and separate from the nation.

LOL

Just admit that yall hate black people.
Whoa,whoa.There you go,when you lose an argument you say racist and or hate.But it was you who said "do you think I care about white women getting raped.You are a racist of the worst kind,and I would say full of hate

Old 02-04-2010, 03:59 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
I bet you would also have no problem with owning these men either.
And I bet those guys all date white women too.
Clearly - you have LOST your argument - When you personally attack others - as you have here - you lose.

Come back when you grow up.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:05 PM

646 posts, read 801,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coon dog View Post
Ma'am
That ain't the truth! I LOVE this Black man. Even send his legal group money.

More folk's that would be welcome into my home!!!

Coon dog you are the cat's meow.The black man on top is H.K Edgerton,he was in Ringgold Georgia recently a town that neighbors my town.He is a proud southerner indeed.Miss Princess love would see many flags around here,with the Chattanooga and and Chickamauga battlefields in our backyards.Princess can see a statue of Nathan Bedford Forrest and many of our heroes.We here are aware of her kind that would do away with all things southern.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:05 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,826,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
I was referring to all the slaves the North had/imported before and after the formation of the country.

I think Importing and owning slaves would count as supporting slavery. If it doesn't then please tell me what does?

The fact that most critics of the South generally ignore/don't bring up the fact that the North at one time had just as much interest in slavery as the South did gives me the impression that they just don't care. That = free pass
Very few today realize the North had 100's of Rum factories plastered all over New England, facilities to make the Rum casks, shipyards to make the slave ships, insurance companies to insure the ships and banks to finance it all.

The fields of New England were planted to grow the grain to make the Rum.

The North made Rum to trade for humans captured in Africa.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:06 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
Moderator cut: image removed

I think the flag is a thing of beauty. Nothing racist about, although it is abused by racists frequently.

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 10:34 AM..

Old 02-04-2010, 04:08 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,010,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
Coon dog you are the cat's meow.The black man on top is H.K Edgerton,he was in Ringgold Georgia recently a town that neighbors my town.He is a proud southerner indeed.Miss Princess love would see many flags around here,with the Chattanooga and and Chickamauga battlefields in our backyards.Princess can see a statue of Nathan Bedford Forrest and many of our heroes.We here are aware of her kind that would do away with all things southern.
Not to mention that Princess is from Mississippi, the land of Jefferson Davis and Vicksburg, the place where one of the top 5 battles and campaigns were waged.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:11 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times

You don't have to be white to support the confederate battle flag.....

Old 02-04-2010, 04:15 PM

177 posts, read 266,129 times
Quote:
I bet you would also have no problem with owning these men either.
And I bet those guys all date white women too.

One track mind. Do YOU care what color their Wives are?Hmmm

Are you a Black Panther? C'MON tell the truth

Let's place a bet? I'll bet ( That - I've had more folk's 'other than White' at my place in the last Week - Than you've had in the other way in a Year) Bet?

Old 02-04-2010, 04:32 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,010,330 times
Quote:
Yes racial mixing should just not happen. Something that me and your beloved white supremacists would all agree on.

Sorry but the black panthers aren't known for lynching whites. Nice try though.

No white person has stepped foot into my house.
While the black panthers may have never lynched any white folk, they still carried around guns, shouted their hateful inciting rhetoric and itimidated people, which makes them just as bad.

And no whites have been to your house? What?

Old 02-04-2010, 04:37 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
well, you know, that's because she's racist...

I don't care what color a person's skin is--I'm civil to everyone I meet. No white person has stepped foot into my home either, unless I was dating her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.