Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 01:26 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Oh...you said "fact" check and not "fat" check.

Simply hilarious, how do you manage to think this up day in and day out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 01:29 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,900,987 times
I have watched a couple of his films. I will say they are interesting, but I am not sure they paint the entire picture of the topic he is talking about.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:17 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
I know I'm a little behind on this but I just watched Farenheight 911 a couple of months back. After watching the film I stopped encouraging my oldest son with his interest in joining the military. I'm wondering if I'm giving Moore too much credit here? One item in particular I would like to fact check is the whole Afghanistan pipeline deal. I've done a couple of searches including politifact.com but I'm only coming up with more recent entries. Anyone else got anything on this?
It is one of the main reasons we and others are there and that is to protect the workers on the pipeline.What Moore does sometimes accurately is to put two and two together and add his own conjecture.Even though my ideology is far away from his I consider and give thought to what he has to say.
One of the things Moore could have been looking at is this:
According to the CCPA report, a Gas Pipeline Framework Agreement was signed by representatives of the project’s participating nations on April 25, 2008. That agreement committed those parties to beginning construction in 2010. Foster said that if TAPI’s security is to be counted on for investment by 2010, the entire southern region of Afghanistan will have to be cleared of land mines, and Taliban and al-Qaeda forces will have to be eliminated.
So in 2008 they have a agreement and the money for the project the only element that is lacking is security.Enter the U S,and what was a policy of Obama on the campaign trail?That we have neglected Afghanistan and needed a troop build up to secure the country.The writer makes a good point here:
“Nobody is going to start putting pipe in the ground unless they are satisfied that there is some reasonable insurance that the workers for the pipeline are going to be safe,” he said.
Afghan pipeline raises security questions
Any honest person that is not blinded by their pathetic party can see this is one of the underlying reasons for us being there.You can also view maps and see where they have troops and military installations on the route of the pipeline.
When the President claims we will wind down in 18 months he is either lying or he really believes his own rhetoric.We will have thousands and thousands of troops there until the pipeline is built and secure.
If I had a son I would talk him out of joining the military,his blood is not worth spilling over the pipeline or Afghanistan.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:29 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
How dare he tell the truth!
Oh you mean like his movie Bowling for Columbine?
Which portrays white americans as cowards who hide behind guns?
As cowards who are terrified of all other races?

In the whole movie which I used every bit of self control to get through I never once heard him ask the question. Why did these boys feel that this was the answer?
Never asked. What conditions existed in this school that these boys felt that this was their only alternative?
Moore is a born liar and that is the nicest thing that I can think of to say about his over fed azz.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:44 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Anyone that puts too much into what M Moore says should listen to both sides. He is probably one of the worst things to happen to our country in a long time..

Nita

And thank you nmnita, nothing else needed to be said!

Old 01-24-2010, 02:47 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
How dare he tell the truth!
What "truth?" There are 59 inaccuracies in that movie or documentary or whatever he wants to call it.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:19 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What "truth?" There are 59 inaccuracies in that movie or documentary or whatever he wants to call it.
Which makes it only, let's see, 95% true?

Old 01-27-2010, 06:47 PM

683 posts, read 825,074 times
Thanks to those of you that provided "constructive" feedback. Since starting the thread, I did manage to find some other sources which picked apart Moore's so called facts. But that doesn't change the fact (as one poster put it) that joining the military today only makes you a pawn for the powers that be with their global agenda.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:33 PM

77 posts, read 49,586 times
[quote=Fleet;12593015]What "truth?" There are 59 inaccuracies in that movie or documentary or whatever he wants to call it.[/quote
How about listing those inaccuracies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies