Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 09:52 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why the op would think feminists would be p*ssed. I mean, what's the definition of feminism? Does that mean that I don't like it when guys let me get on the bus first or get into the elevator first or don't open a store door for me? I don't think so, that's surface crap. As a matter of fact, I get annoyed when dudes at the bus stop get on the bus before me, I think it's a bit rude, but call me "old-fashioned", not feminist.
I think it's feminists like this that give them that idea:

Ad Rant: Dockers ads claim "soft" khakis will make men more manly

Quote:
Oh, goodie! A return to the grand old days when women weren't allowed to vote! It also sounds suspiciously like the successful media campaign after World War II that sought to convince women that it was more feminine (not to mention patriotic) to give up their jobs to men returning from war, and go back to doing more womanly things, like vacuuming the rug
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 09:52 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,872 times
Quote:
LOL, it is all about making people feel insecure or more secure about themselves, isn't it? I mean, that's what advertising is....to make you look at yourself & declare "damn...I'm so not as awesome as I thought I was, but thank you (insert company name here) for making me realize it!"
See: the youtube clip a few posts above.

They would not continue to do it if it didn't work so well.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:02 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
I've never understood why being a gentlemen is always mixed in with eating fatty, non-organic, artery-clogging processed "food".

I know a lot of real tough men who wear the pants in the family and they're usually fat and lazy.

Unfortunately for Dockers, not one of them has ever carried their fat rolls over the color khaki and thought it masculine. But, we're talking about them so I guess it works.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:05 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I think it's feminists like this that give them that idea:

Ad Rant: Dockers ads claim "soft" khakis will make men more manly

And how many men believe I support that notion? That's on them.

PLEASE wear your pants!!!

Old 01-25-2010, 10:05 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I've been accused of being a feminist and am not offended. I'm just hoping that the definition of 'male' finally grows the hell up already.
Exactly. OP, whats wrong? Could not get laid?

Why do you hate women?

Old 01-25-2010, 10:07 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I've never understood why being a gentlemen is always mixed in with eating fatty, non-organic, artery-clogging processed "food".

I know a lot of real tough men who wear the pants in the family and they're usually fat and lazy.

Unfortunately for Dockers, not one of them has ever carried their fat rolls over the color khaki and thought it masculine. But, we're talking about them so I guess it works.
LOL....oh cripes, who in the heck cares, right? It's an ad for...Dockers. That's right....Dockers. Anyone ever wear or really like Dockers? I didn't think so....why do you think they're doing this?

Old 01-26-2010, 01:35 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Well, I don't know about you neanderthals but after reading that ad THIS MAN needed a hug, glass of wine and candelit bubble bath in order to regain my composure.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:43 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
LOL, Dockers suck, they always have. I'm sorry you have to wear them for work but I demand you to PUT DOWN THE DOCKERS!
For the good of the nation, I'm gonna keep mine up.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:11 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,614,204 times
This thread is complete lulz.

Ask 1,000 different men what being a man means and you'll get 1,000 different answers. IMO, most of the people who troll these boards beating their chest over how much of a "real man" they are would be the first ones pissing themselves when found in "real man" style situations like Normandy.

I go to work, treat people with respect, and seek to define myself on my own terms. Beyond that, I find this whole "real man" stuff BS. I guess maybe they're the ones who are leaving illegitamite kids everywhere or who walk around in stained tees and stare down people indiscrimintely ('cept of course, people who'd beat their ass in a heartbeat. Can't be too manly now)

Old 01-26-2010, 02:11 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
We no longer need to reply. The resident hater of the male member of our species has spoken. Did you bother to read the ad or did you just hit your man-hate button and hit the keyboard running? Never knew that helping old ladies cross the street or opening the door for ladies was a form of abusing women.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I have no doubt.

Yeah, the world was so much better when men regularly abused women, weren't around to raise their kids and felt like the world owed them.

Gee, I miss those days.

You have some bizarre misconception of women.
Projecting much?
You really are a misogynist, aren't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies