Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you watching/did you watch the State of the Union?
Yes - I'm left wing 49 44.95%
Yes - I'm right wing 45 41.28%
No - I'm left wing 5 4.59%
No - I'm right wing 10 9.17%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 10:25 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Currently the Administration is considering allocating 30B of the funds to small Banks to help shore them up (they need it in light of the stress from Commercial RE in their portfolios) and open up and extend credit to small businesses.

Source
You gotta love that Geithner guy repeating the "back from the brink" mantra...
"After stabilizing our economy and steering it back from the brink this past year...” said Treasury secretary Timothy Geithner.

It's especially humorous when followed by this in the same excerpt:

"An estimated 4.5m homeowners are “on the brink” of losing their homes, according to Mike Dawson, Freddie Mac’s (FRE: 1.20 -0.83%) vice president of deal and contract management, who spoke Monday at the American Securitization Forum (ASF) 2010."

Evidently, Mr. Geither doesn't realize that when the administration "brought the economy back from the brink," they left a whole lot of homeowners (and unemployed workers) behind AT the brink.

Yes, they keep trying to snow us, and it's not working any more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 01:38 PM

918 posts, read 817,358 times
Default Sorry Wally

Thought you were better than this stuff:

lol..."there's no whining in Baseball" (You've really got to decipher that one. I see quotes, but don't get it or know who said it, aside from you. Moreso, I wasn't whining and I'm not playing baseball???)

Bob, seriously...you're actually crying about that little shot at a SC (Wally. I'm an old-timer not up on all your abbreviations!) that's supposed to be "above politics" from a President who "is a politician"....lol Next you're going to tell us how upset you are with FDR for draping the Great Depression around Hoovers neck <---inference alert!!...lol (Not at all.
Are you under some stress Wally? I'm getting a bit concerned.)
I digress...it is unfortunate we can have no further objective conversation regarding the State of the Union, as I now recognize my inability to have reasonable discourse with a closed mind. (If you'd decipher your abbreviated shortcuts this "closed mind" would open and respond.)

Adeu (Adieu!)

...lol (Sad actually, but you have a nice day and remember..it's spelled Prozac when you see your pharmacist. Just a calculated guess actually as it's a bit out of my field, but persecutory delusions may be your problem. It can be brought on by this sort of behavior>>> Y'know...gamma rays, the sunlight and conductive aluminum foil. A recipe for problems my friend. Can play Hell with ye olde cerebral cortex.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:10 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,603,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
Thought you were better than this stuff:

Adeu (Adieu!)

...lol
lol...I could spell it your way but why when mine was correct? (Subtlety, you're definitely slipping, you missed the Catalan reference (http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/translation/Catalan/adeu - broken link).)

You can spell Adieu but not excellence... Impressive

"There's no crying in baseball" - Tom Hanks

...1:48 seconds of pure subtlety for ya...

SC would be Supreme Court, and while it may be extremely unsettling for you to hear a President make mention of something they've done that he isn't pleased with at a State of the Union address - he was neither the first and I doubt will be the last to do so....I'm betting you already knew that "old timer"

ok...surprise me...come back and opt for an insult over intelligent discourse...lol

Old 02-03-2010, 04:40 PM

Default Yoo hoo Wally...

1. SC is NOT SupremeCourt. The Supreme Court of Madagasgar maybe, if they have one, but for abbreviations HERE...in the good olde US of A it would be a choice of two:
USSC = United States Supreme Court
or
SCOTUS = Supreme Court of the United States
Got it sport?

2. Hanks is a punk. Never saw a movie he made and wouldn't and your comment still makes no sense in the context you used it, but it's your choice and your right.

3. The best is the baiting your hook with this:
Quote:
lol...I could spell it your way but why when mine was correct? (Subtlety, you're definitely slipping, you missed the Catalan reference (http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/translation/Catalan/adeu - broken link).)

You can spell Adieu but not excellence... Impressive
You appear to have a good time playing with yourself as you continually are laughing out loud. In this instance, I missed nothing. It was you who were oblivious to the obvious. If I'd wanted to correct YOUR spelling I would have done so, but instead I allowed your arcane usage and added my correct version alongside...without comment. So who is missing the subtleties now Wally? You play checkers, I play chess.

In any event I weary of your little games of back and forth childsplay and shall end my participation as it wastes time.

Feel free to continue abusing yourself in solitary pleasure. Bye-bye now...

Old 02-03-2010, 05:06 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,603,956 times
Smile of course I'm laughing, I like you...you're funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
1. SC is NOT SupremeCourt. The Supreme Court of Madagasgar maybe, if they have one, but for abbreviations HERE...in the good olde US of A it would be a choice of two:
USSC = United States Supreme Court
or
SCOTUS = Supreme Court of the United States
Got it sport?

2. Hanks is a punk. Never saw a movie he made and wouldn't and your comment still makes no sense in the context you used it, but it's your choice and your right.

3. The best is the baiting your hook with this:

You appear to have a good time playing with yourself as you continually are laughing out loud. In this instance, I missed nothing. It was you who were oblivious to the obvious. If I'd wanted to correct YOUR spelling I would have done so, but instead I allowed your arcane usage and added my correct version along side...without comment. So who is missing the subtleties now Wally? You play checkers, I play chess.

In any event I weary of your little games of back and forth childsplay (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/childsplay - broken link) and shall end my participation as it wastes time.

Feel free to continue abusing yourself in solitary pleasure. Bye-bye now...
lol...sure you play chess, mate...sure you do.

child's play...lol And it should be "as you are continually laughing out loud." ~nevermind

You seem rather well versed in persecutory delusions...lol, the President was talking about the Supreme Court.

Last edited by walidm; 02-03-2010 at 05:19 PM..

Old 02-05-2010, 12:32 PM

Default Yo! Oba-messiah...

...What with this sucker?

At a town hall meeting in Nashua, New Hampshire, Mr. President Obama gave the American people a lecture on weathering the financial storm:
Quote:
"When times are tough, you tighten your belts. You don't go buying a boat when you can barely pay your mortgage. You don't blow a bunch of cash on Vegas when you're trying to save for college."

Try lookin' in the mirror and waving your finger in your own face dummy:
'When times are tough Mr. President, you tighten your belt and stop spending. You don't go out and create a massive new bureaucracy whose costs will dwarf what you have now. You fix what's broken and work with what you have. You don't make a phony commitment to cutting spending by exempting the social programs that spend most of OUR money.'Duhh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies