Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 01:06 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,591 times

Advertisements

I think it's a little early to rate Bush.
Time usually gives historians more perspective.
With the current state of affairs, Bush might be the first in a long lists of failing presidents to come.
Obama's success is far far form guaranteed.
Presidents are not all powerful emperors. They in fact, have a lot less executive powers than a lot of heads of state. The success or failure of their presidency depends largely on the context at hand.
That said, how they manage events is what matters. Bush proved to be incompetent quite a few times. Personally, I fail to see how Obama is any different since this "change" has yet to show up. His handling of the economic crisis when he came into office did not impress me the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 01:07 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-ham 34 View Post
Who's worse than G.W?
Again, it really is too early to tell exactly where GWB will fall historically but

Franklin Pearce
Herbert Hoover
James Buchannan
Richard Nixon
Jimmy Carter

all certainly inter into the conversation of "worst"

Old 05-04-2010, 01:08 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
I think it's a little early to rate Bush.
Time usually gives historians more perspective.
With the current state of affairs, Bush might be the first in a long lists of failing presidents to come.
Obama's success is far far form guaranteed.
Presidents are not all powerful emperors. They in fact, have a lot less executive powers than a lot of heads of state. The success or failure of their presidency depends largely on the context at hand.
That said, how they manage events is what matters. Bush proved to be incompetent quite a few times. Personally, I fail to see how Obama is any different since this "change" has yet to show up. His handling of the economic crisis when he came into office did not impress me the least.
So, it's "too early" to rate Bush, yet you apparently have now qualms about rating Obama -- while he is still in office.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:11 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,774,235 times
He certainly was the worst....right up until the end of his Term. I thought, finally, we'd hit rock-bottom and could go no lower. Boy, was I wrong....

Old 05-04-2010, 01:37 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
So, it's "too early" to rate Bush, yet you apparently have now qualms about rating Obama -- while he is still in office.
Reread my reply and search for the word "incompetent".

You should not assume I have any pereference for either presidents.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:41 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
I remember them all back to Eisenhower, and as far as my experience as a citizen then G. W. Bush is hands down the worst I've seen.

For a great book to read try a copy of The Bush Tragedy by Jacob Weisberg. At least read the review on Amazon if nothing else.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:55 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Default Presidential Historians Rate George W. Bush Worst President

What took 'em so long? Dubya's been gone for over a year now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies