Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 09:45 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,297,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I read through the whole thread.. If the paygo is the policy of Democrats, then someone tell me where we would have gotten $787B for the stimulus bill? You surely couldnt raise taxes which would have put us deeper into a recession.. So tell me where it would come from?
Geezus, no.... You obviously didn't. I retracted the post that you quoted and even went so far as to say I actually tend to agree with Cantor's assessment....

You'd think someone who claimed to have "read the entire thread" would have seen that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 09:47 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times
The Stimulus Bill was necessary.

Now, looking FORWARD... what needs to be done???

That seems to be the point.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
No one... If you want to pretend its taken place in the late 1990's.. then that would be Republicans.. Its CONGRESS who writes the bills..
Gee, then I wonder why Republicans to THIS VERY DAY still blame CLINTON for closing all of those military bases in an effort to balance the budget.....

Which way do you want it today pgh?

So the wonder that was Reaganomics was all Reagan even though the Dems had control of Congress, but the years of budget surplus under Clinton is all the Republican Congress, not the President?

Old 01-29-2010, 09:50 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Yeah, this classic along with R Eric Cantor of Virginia denouncing any "Job Bill"...

Haven't Republicans been the one's whining that job creation needs to be the President's focus?

I'm confused....
Both parties are full of hot air. Both parties talk out of one side of their mouths to the MSM and vote according to how it will benefit them PERSONALLY. I truly believe that.

There are but a handful of elected officials in Congress that actually represent the people. The majority represent their own self interests.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:50 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Geezus, no.... You obviously didn't. I retracted the post that you quoted and even went so far as to say I actually tend to agree with Cantor's assessment....

You'd think someone who claimed to have "read the entire thread" would have seen that...
All the Democrats touted about how fabulous the stimulus bill was, but now faced with two different democratic bills, one which spends to stimulate, vs one which said the stimulus bill couldnt have taken place, you (ie Democrats) cant come up with a rational answer..

The question goes directly to people who think this is a good bill, not directly towards you.

If you think this proves Democrats are fiscal responsible now because they voted yes for the pay as you go bill, (again, not YOU, but the readers of this thread) then you can come up with a rational answer as to where $787B would have come from to pass the stimulus bill..

Old 01-29-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
All the Democrats touted about how fabulous the stimulus bill was, but now faced with two different democratic bills, one which spends to stimulate, vs one which said the stimulus bill couldnt have taken place, you (ie Democrats) cant come up with a rational answer..

The question goes directly to people who think this is a good bill, not directly towards you.

If you think this proves Democrats are fiscal responsible now because they voted yes for the pay as you go bill, (again, not YOU, but the readers of this thread) then you can come up with a rational answer as to where $787B would have come from to pass the stimulus bill..
Fair enough.... I'll let one of them address your questions then.... All I've ever meant to claim with respect to the Stimulus Bill is that I'm not ready to trash it and denounce it yet. I don't know whether it worked or is working or not quite honestly.... I usually get into arguments with people here simply because I dont' believe they know whether it worked or not either, but want to denounce it as an epic failure already....

Does this bring forth the question of, "What in the blazes was the supposed urgency in passing it if we were going to hold over half the money for later?"... Absolutely. And I will be right in the thread with you if we suddenly see a pouring of money from the stimulus package into key states right before the 2010 elections....

Old 01-29-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Both parties are full of hot air. Both parties talk out of one side of their mouths to the MSM and vote according to how it will benefit them PERSONALLY. I truly believe that.

There are but a handful of elected officials in Congress that actually represent the people. The majority represent their own self interests.
Can't disagree.... (wait, that's a double-negative).... I agree!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies