Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2010, 06:18 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,766,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Not only did you say assets were taxed, you argued with me about it for pages..

another twisted version. I did not say you paid income tax on assets. I did say you pay taxes on property and capital gains

Quote:
And now you do understand there is a HUGE difference between the wealthy, and the rich.. Or even a perceived "rich" (i.e. $250K a year income)

p.s. and no, I'm not proclaiming to be wealthy or rich.. The banks will own me for a very very long time..

Nope sorry still dont see it. Perhaps you dont get how the average person lives. being in the top 2% of the income bracket is rich period. Again please read the dictionary as opposed to blogs for definitions.

Also you are purchasing a 4 million dollar property but you are not rich? oh ok thats what middle class america does I must have forgot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 06:27 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
another twisted version. I did not say you paid income tax on assets. I did say you pay taxes on property and capital gains
But you DONT pay federal taxes on property. The topic is about FEDERAL taxes.. And you have the nerve to talk to me about twisting things..
Quote:
Nope sorry still dont see it. Perhaps you dont get how the average person lives. being in the top 2% of the income bracket is rich period. Again please read the dictionary as opposed to blogs for definitions.
I'm not going to go through all of this again with you. If you dont understand how someone can leave "rich" status, to "wealthy" status, you'll never be either..
Quote:
Also you are purchasing a 4 million dollar property but you are not rich? oh ok thats what middle class america does I must have forgot
Can someone who earns $250K a year, someone you call rich and wealthy, buy a $4M property? If you say yes, then you either understand finances extremely well, or you dont have a clue, and if you say no, then you are indeed admitting that someone who brings in $250K a year is not rich let alone wealthy..

Old 02-04-2010, 06:34 PM

760 posts, read 1,271,891 times
So therefore, since "ONLY" the rich pay taxes, and 250k is not rich, people who make 250K don't pay taxes. Defend that.

Why does the left always resort to throwing in definitions and facts during a debate? Don't get me started about their obsession with science and logic.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyPants View Post
So therefore, since "ONLY" the rich pay taxes, and 250k is not rich, people who make 250K don't pay taxes. Defend that.
Who claimed only the rich pay taxes?

Old 02-04-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Who claimed only the rich pay taxes?
You have to be freakin kidding me right? Either you didn't read the OP or you are illiterate.

Only The Rich Pay Taxes

Rush Limbaugh
Top 50% of Wage Earners Pay 96.03% of Income Taxes

Old 02-04-2010, 06:43 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,498,768 times
The middle class and up do pay most of the taxes. Why not channel your rage at the the 50% that doesn't contribute much or none at all, rather than the "rich" that pull more than there fair share.

Flat tax. It would end the arguement. Actually, pre-1900 NO INCOME TAX would be the best way to make this country strong again. Keeping so many on the GovernmentTit has made us weak.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
You have to be freakin kidding me right? Either you didn't read the OP or you are illiterate.

Only The Rich Pay Taxes

Rush Limbaugh
I read your OP, but I'm also able to do math.. Can you?

I guess that leaves the bottom 50% who pay 3.97%.
Let me do the math for you...
100% - 96.03% = 3.97%.. NOPE.. Not "everyone".. I guess your mistake was you couldnt do the math and only relied upon the figurative title..

Let me know if you need my son to explain it to you..

If you dont think its accurate, maybe you need to notify the IRS..

Old 02-04-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
I read your OP, but I'm also able to do math.. Can you?

I guess that leaves the bottom 50% who pay 3.97%.
Let me do the math for you...
100% - 96.03% = 3.97%.. NOPE.. Not "everyone".. I guess your mistake was you couldnt do the math and only relied upon the figurative title..

Let me know if you need my son to explain it to you..

If you dont think its accurate, maybe you need to notify the IRS..
What part of "Only the rich pay taxes" don't you understand??

I'm done responding to you, I get better responses from my cat.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
What part of "Only the rich pay taxes" don't you understand??

I'm done responding to you, I get better responses from my cat.
What part of top 50% pay 96.03% dont you understand?

Arent you liberals the same ones who defend Obamas redderick with "He didnt really mean ALL".. Now all of a sudden your standards change when Rush says something as if he's god. Oooh the humor..

Old 02-04-2010, 07:14 PM

529 posts, read 1,301,125 times
Good catch, there's a contradiction there but regardless of it he has a point. 250K might be middle class depending on where you live and for how long you have been making that much.

During the last 3 years my wife and I have been increasing our salaries a lot. Last year we were above 250K but not the previous one, and for 2010 we'll make more than last but to be sincere after all taxes + contributions to retirement there's definitely not a huge amount left in cash to feel remotely rich, don't get me wrong it feels good to be able to save quite a bit but having a couple hundred in the bank and investments is not rich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies