Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 10:18 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,371,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Noo.. no we are not..

Hell, I'm not even the one who put it in red...
That cold didn't come alone, it came with SNOW.
If you don't like the way the article is worded, I suggest you compain to Reuters.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 10:21 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,217,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
That cold didn't come alone, it came with SNOW.
If you don't like the way the article is worded, I suggest you compain to Reuters.

Ken
mmm, you might want to check out most of the country now where its cold, about 20-30 degrees, but they have no snow.

If you think its always snowy when its cold, call mother nature and complain..

Old 02-05-2010, 10:23 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I find it difficult to believe you are in the market with such a dire opinion on the direction this country is heading. That would seem to be a little conflicting.
Exactly. You would think that someone who preaches economic doom and hyper inflation would take his money out of such economy. These are the same people who preached doom a year ago when DOW was in 6000s, and they said it will sink to 3000. But now when the market is 10 000, they say they are in the market. Strange.....

Old 02-05-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
mmm, you might want to check out most of the country now where its cold, about 20 degrees, but they have no snow.

If you think its always snowy when its cold, call mother nature and complain..
Snow doesn't always follow the cold, but January had a LOT of snow along with that cold - and were ARE after all discussing this past January.

And yes, even just the cold does impact construction. It doesn't stop it (usually) but it does slow it down. It just plain takes longer to get things done. Snow however - particularly heavy snow such as January brought - does a REAL number on construction schedules however (as it does with EVERYTHING ELSE).

Ken

Old 02-05-2010, 10:28 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,313,302 times
Quote:
Why should I tell you everytime I make a move? LOL
For the same reason that telling us you're out or in based on hindsight knowledge is completely meaningless and no one should or would believe it.

Quote:
I got out last Friday after ...
Blah blah blah...

Old 02-05-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
For the same reason that telling us you're out or in based on hindsight knowledge is completely meaningless and no one should or would believe it.
Didn't ask you believe it.
Don't really care if you believe it.
Don't really care if you even read it.

The fact is, if folks listened you guys they would never have gotten in the market back in March and and would never have realized the big gains of the past year.

The market is in correction now, but it will come back up (and no doubt a lot sooner than YOU think).

Ken

Old 02-05-2010, 10:41 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,953,624 times
Default This thread has created 37 jobs

We should all have learned by now that none of the numbers are ever right when they're released. Give them a couple weeks and they'll be a revision.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:42 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,313,302 times
Quote:
Didn't ask you believe it.
Don't really care if you believe it.
Don't really care if you even read it.
I predicted this response a few replies northward.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:52 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,013,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Hey, you accidentally forgot to mention that the jobless rate fell to 9.7%.
Why did it fall?

Old 02-05-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I predicted this response a few replies northward.
Doesn't matter.
The fact is, I've been right. The market's had a HUGE run-up since march - and I've been saying that was going on since April of last year. Now, you can believe I didn't practice what I preach all you want, but my posts since April are a now public record - and I've been saying all along that the market was heading up.

It's not surprising the market is having a correction with the rapid speed and the distance that it's come up. So it take a 10% or even 15%? So what? It'll head back up. Hopefully I'll be able to get back in a lower point than I go out and ride it back up. If I miss-time it, well that's the way it goes, but for now I've recovered my 401K nicely and I have no complaints. I'm way too close to retirement to take too many chances. If I'm not pretty sure it's heading up I'll stay out for a while.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies